NBA Finals MVP Award To Be Named After Bill Russell

Who's watching David Stern's press conference right now? I was glad to hear it would be Bill Russell; I was hoping he wasn't going to say MichaelJordan...

Yeah, weird that they named it after Russell and not Jordan considering Russell has never won it and Jordan won it twice as many times as anyone else.

interesting decision, what sparked this change?
grin.gif

They said the reason he didn't win it is because it didn't exist when he was playing. Therefore, they are going to name the trophy after him because hewon so many championships.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

They said the reason he didn't win it is because it didn't exist when he was playing. Therefore, they are going to name the trophy after him because he won so many championships.
pimp.gif
that's tight

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

They said the reason he didn't win it is because it didn't exist when he was playing. Therefore, they are going to name the trophy after him because he won so many championships.
pimp.gif
that's tight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

greatest winner ever in basketball

thank god they didnt name it after jordam
sick.gif

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

pimp.gif
that's tight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

greatest winner ever in basketball

thank god they didnt name it after jordam
sick.gif

QFT. Russell 11 titles... nobody will ever reach that number....

That's cool then.

now if they would bring back the big trophy they used to give out, instead of this wine bottle trophy, every thing would be all good.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Yeah, weird that they named it after Russell and not Jordan considering Russell has never won it and Jordan won it twice as many times as anyone else.

I think they should have either changed the trophy to the bill russell trophy or name the rings, the bill russell championship ring.

That's really nice to hear. He really is a great ambassador of the game. He just exudes class and his love for the game and his experiences should remindeveryone what basketball is really all about.

You could see at the press conference that he really appreciated it. He is usually so composed, but was really overwhelmed with emotion because you know itjust brought everything back all at once. All 11 championships. It really was the moment of the day. Well deserved and thank you for everything you havebrought us. I only wish i was able to see you play.

Back
Top Bottom