NBA introduces MVP fan vote

Joined Jan 25, 2008
New York, NY (Sports Network) - Fans will now have a say in determining the NBA's Most Valuable Player, the league announced Wednesday.

The league's release said fans can submit their votes, ranking their top five choices, on a dedicated page on NBA.com. The fan votes will be combined into one vote, with the other 124 votes coming from a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters.

Fans will be able to vote from April 1-15 on the league's site -- NBA.com/KiaMVPFanVote -- for the award, which will be announced at the end of this season.

Joined Apr 7, 2002
Pretty pointless.

Giving the fans less than a 1% say in the award... should have just kept it how it was.

big j 33

Supporter
Joined May 31, 2006
Unless I'm mistaken, the article says the fan voting is combined into one singular vote, but there's still 124 other votes.

So we won't be seeing any AI or T-Mac for MVP.

Joined Jul 10, 2005
Learn to read. All the fans votes will add up to ONE MVP vote. Not that big of a deal... especially since LeBron's got this award on lock for the foreseeable future.

dland24

Supporter
Joined Nov 18, 2007
Can you guys read? I mean, seriously?

This is a really, really small change to how the MVP is voted for. I am all for it.

ham city

Banned
Joined Oct 18, 2009
Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Pretty pointless.

Giving the fans less than a 1% say in the award... should have just kept it how it was.
I was gonna say watch ST completely overreact to this nonsense.

Joined Jan 7, 2005
Originally Posted by dland24

Can you guys read? I mean, seriously?

This is a really, really small change to how the MVP is voted for. I am all for it.
I was kind of confused by the overreactions of people when it clearly states that the fans make up 1 vote out of 125.  Really doesn't make a difference.  Just an attempt to get the fans "involved."

Joined Jan 20, 2006
Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Pretty pointless.

I was gonna say watch ST completely overreact to this nonsense.

Exactly... Stern and co are idiotic though.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now