NBA introduces MVP fan vote

New York, NY (Sports Network) - Fans will now have a say in determining the NBA's Most Valuable Player, the league announced Wednesday.

The league's release said fans can submit their votes, ranking their top five choices, on a dedicated page on NBA.com. The fan votes will be combined into one vote, with the other 124 votes coming from a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters.

Fans will be able to vote from April 1-15 on the league's site -- NBA.com/KiaMVPFanVote -- for the award, which will be announced at the end of this season.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Pretty pointless.

Giving the fans less than a 1% say in the award... should have just kept it how it was.

Unless I'm mistaken, the article says the fan voting is combined into one singular vote, but there's still 124 other votes.

So we won't be seeing any AI or T-Mac for MVP.

Learn to read. All the fans votes will add up to ONE MVP vote. Not that big of a deal... especially since LeBron's got this award on lock for the foreseeable future.

Can you guys read? I mean, seriously?

This is a really, really small change to how the MVP is voted for. I am all for it.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Pretty pointless.

Giving the fans less than a 1% say in the award... should have just kept it how it was.
I was gonna say watch ST completely overreact to this nonsense.

Originally Posted by dland24

Can you guys read? I mean, seriously?

This is a really, really small change to how the MVP is voted for. I am all for it.
I was kind of confused by the overreactions of people when it clearly states that the fans make up 1 vote out of 125.  Really doesn't make a difference.  Just an attempt to get the fans "involved."

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Pretty pointless.

I was gonna say watch ST completely overreact to this nonsense.

Exactly... Stern and co are idiotic though.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom