NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Help me out. Are all of these about right? What other major roster changes are out there?

- Jameer
- Vince (done)
- Hedo
- Rashard
- Dwight

- Delonte
- Mo
- LeBron
- Big Z
- Shaq (done)

- Stuckey
- Gordon (done)
- Prince
- Villanueva (done)
- Sheed (if he stays)

- Tony Parker
- Manu
- Richard Jefferson
- Duncan
- Oberto
(I don't remember what the Spurs lineup was.)

- Fish
- Kobe
- Artest (maybe; verbally committed, which means absolutely nothing)
- Pau
- Bynum

- Conley
- Mayo
- Q-Rich
- Gasol
- Arthur
Or did they do more than just add Q-Rich? Didn't they get rid of Conley?

What are you doing Ska?
nerd.gif

Just wondering, will Hawks match the contract if cavs offered full MLE to Marvin Williams? I think he'd be a good fit for cavs.

Ariza agreed to a five-year deal with the Rockets for about $33 million, roughly the same that the Lakers had offered in their effort to retain him.

"I had to do what was best for me and family," Ariza said. "I am happy with my decision. I'm glad this all worked out. The Rockets are going to give me a chance to improve my game and that's all you can ask for."

Ariza's agent, David Lee, said the 24-year-old forward passed up a more lucrative contract offer from another team with salary-cap space. "We decided to go with Houston anyway," Lee said. "It was never about the money. It was about going someplace where you felt appreciated."

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

it could be he got a 3 year offer like Ron did and wanted a 5 year
If that's the case, even more reason to fire his agent.

The idiot is 24 years old, his career won't be over when he's 27.

you cant think like that

who knows what happens in the next 3 years, get the long term money while its on the table

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

This time of the year always get me in a bitter mood/Depressed

wordd. i remember cavs getting screwed by Redd and Allen so had to settle for (gasp) Larry Hughes. Before that, it was Boozer stabbing the back of Cavs. mani'm depressed now....

Originally Posted by kash55

Ariza agreed to a five-year deal with the Rockets for about $33 million, roughly the same that the Lakers had offered in their effort to retain him.

"I had to do what was best for me and family," Ariza said. "I am happy with my decision. I'm glad this all worked out. The Rockets are going to give me a chance to improve my game and that's all you can ask for."

Ariza's agent, David Lee, said the 24-year-old forward passed up a more lucrative contract offer from another team with salary-cap space. "We decided to go with Houston anyway," Lee said. "It was never about the money. It was about going someplace where you felt appreciated."

$*%!.. so what happen to when he said LA WONT GET A HOME DISCOUNT?? lol if that was the case, then he would have signed with the lakers... i betno one even wanted to pay him more than the MLE..

Originally Posted by kash55

wow....something must've happened with the Lakers.

I'm guessing Mitch said, "Take this deal, or we'll sign Artest" and Trevor got offended, or he jus wanted to make sure he was starting.

Either way i'm sad to see Ariza go, but impressed with the Lakers/Mitch...guy has all bases covered it seems

Originally Posted by Masta Euda

artest > ariza

May be but for the rockets Ariza>Artest, and the Lakers Artest>Ariza. Just what fits better.
No need to lock up a 30+ Artest for more than 3 years if you're Houston.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

This time of the year always get me in a bitter mood/Depressed

tell me about it. who is our bench gonna be?

darnell
JJ
gibson
the rookies?

who else is left?

bron
dwest
mo
Z
shaq

FML

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Damn, LeBron must be hurt seeing this...

I am hurt, we might as well sign Brevin Knight, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Chris Mihm (all Free agents) and just have a former Scrub Cavs reunion

Ron Artest said "hood-a-lized" just now on SC...refering to his twiter name

he also is in a conundrum about what # to wear in LA

You know what would be just hilarious, though? If Rubio actually did sit out the year, and somehow or another the Timberwolves drafted him again.
laugh.gif

That would definitely be hilarious.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

According to The Memphis Edge

Several NBA sources have confirmed to me that controversial and wildly popular guard Allen Iverson - through representatives - has made the Grizzlies aware that he would like to play in Memphis.

The veteran, prolific scorer is a free agent for the first time in his professional career. While no deal is imminent and conversations have been only cursory, Griz brass are said to be internally weighing the pros and cons of possibly adding Iverson to the team's youth movement.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Shuges, brother, as I predicted, if this goes thru, is AI about winning? I said he would end up with the bobs, or Grizz then he ain't about winning, he's about getting shots. He and ZBo would come to blows on that team, and they gonna DESTROY Mayo and Gay and Gasol.

Bad bad bad idea if they pursue him.
smh.gif

I agree that would be a TERRIBLE move for the Grizz. But then again they have been making suspect moves ever since the Gasol deal.
sick.gif

I don't understand why AI and his reps aren't floating the idea of going to a contender to these "anonymous league sources".
tired.gif

And
roll.gif
@ OKB's AI-OJ convo.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Iverson with a bunch of youngin's is going to be like watching him in warmups...jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, layup.
...miss, miss, make, miss, miss, miss, make.
laugh.gif

Ok, enough. Y'all need to chill with the AI jokes.
indifferent.gif

- I'm disappointed in Ron. Son is basically playing for "free". It's admirable that a dude doesn't care about the loot and all. But damnRon, 3/18?!?!? I swear I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a Boozer and sign with another team who might offer him 3/21 or 3/24.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:
What are you doing Ska?
nerd.gif
I... I don't know.
laugh.gif

Just looking at all the new rosters is all.

Oh. You're hella exicted...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

(Hella... I'm so Californian..
smh.gif
)

Boston: They have to decide on Big Baby Davis and Leon Powe, but they declined to give Powe an offer sheet, thus making him an UFA. Also, they're goingafter Sheed.

NJN: Lost VC, but got Lee, Battie, and Rafer Alston.

New York Knicks: Traded and got Darko Milocic for Quentin Richardson.

Philly 76ers: Traded Reggie Evans for Kapono. Waiting on word if they're going to try and re-sign Andre Miller, do a S+T, or move on with Lou Williams andJrue Holiday.

Toronto: S+T for Marion should happen. Reggie Evans sent there. Anthony Parker is a free agent as well. Looking to sign Hedo, but looks like he may be headedto Portland.

Bulls: No moves so far. No rumors of them picking up anyone, Ben Gordon is gone.

Cavs: Shaq for Sasha/Ben Wallace, still looking to use their MLE.

Detroit: Sheed and McDyess most likely gone, Dyess could retire. They pick up Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Indiana: Not much from them, Jarrett Jack has expressed how he wants to stay with this franchise.

Bucks: They have Elson and Bowen now, neither of which I expect to be on the team on opening day..
grin.gif

Hawks: They got Jamaal Crawford for Speedy and Acie Law IV. They need to decide if they're going to match any offer for Marvin Williams.

Bobcats: Word is that AI is interested in rejoining Larry Brown. They let that fat dude Sean May walk.

Heat: Haven't done anything other than names thrown around of who they'd like to acquire.

Wizards: Traded their #5 pick for Randy Foye and Mike Miller

Orlando: They want Brandon Bass, they got VC, and Gortat is expendable, but they say they'll match an offer for him....

Dallas: They trying to nab up Marcin Gortat, and the Magic want Brandon Bass. Gortat is going to sign a 5 year offer sheet from the Mavs, the Magic have a weekto match.

Houston: Lose Yao, lose McGrady, Artest gone, they get Ariza. MEH.

Memphis: They trade Darko for Q-Rich, and Q-Rich for Zach fricking Randolph. They suck.

New Orleans: Nothing from them.

San Antonio: They get Richard Jefferson for free since those bums they gave up will 99.9% come back, and they got the steal of the draft.

Nuggets: Nothing too much from them.

T-Wolves: No trades yet, they're keeping Rubio.

OKC: Going to offer Millsap a sexy deal worth around 10 million a year.

Trailblazers: They want Hedo, and they wanted Andre Miller too, but at the expense of Blake/Outlaw. Hedo should be fine.

Jazz: Okur and Boozer both gone, and they ain't going to go after Millsap, too expensive.

GSW: They got Acie Law IV and Speedy,
sick.gif
. Nothing else from them, the Amar'e talks fell apart.

LAC: They got rid of Zach Randolph. Mission accomplished.

LAL:
grin.gif

Phoenix: They are about to implode, looking to unload Amar'e.

Kings: Haven't done anything.

Just some things to keep in mind..
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

and honestly our draft picks were wasted too. we should have moved up in the draft

im throwing my towel in before the season even starts. get chester in here and quote me, or not, because im not gonna edit this.

F M L

ill still go to 30+ games and take a thousand pics but our best shot (hindsight is 20/20) would have been to trade for shaq LAST trade deadline.

we arent goin anywhere. bron might be tho

/thread

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Help me out. Are all of these about right? What other major roster changes are out there?

- Jameer
- Vince (done)
- Hedo
- Rashard
- Dwight

- Delonte
- Mo
- LeBron
- Big Z
- Shaq (done)

- Stuckey
- Gordon (done)
- Prince
- Villanueva (done)
- Sheed (if he stays)

- Tony Parker
- Manu
- Richard Jefferson
- Duncan
- Oberto
(I don't remember what the Spurs lineup was.)

- Fish
- Kobe
- Artest (maybe; verbally committed, which means absolutely nothing)
- Pau
- Bynum

- Conley
- Mayo
- Rudy Gay
- Gasol
- Arthur
Or did they do more than just add Q-Rich? Didn't they get rid of Conley?
Quentin Richardson was traded to the Clippers for Zach Randolph

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^^^JapanAir,
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

[h1]Walsh Hints At Unannounced Player Move?[/h1]
Jul 02, 2009 11:15 PM EST
Donnie Walsh e-mailed the Associated Press and seemed to imply that the Knicks will have more salary cap flexibility in the summer of 2010 than currentlyprojected.

"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote. "I know what it is but do not talk much aboutit."

It is not clear whether Walsh is referring to an unannounced player move that would reduce the Knicks' salary cap burden. Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffrieshave the two largest contracts that remain on the team's books for the 2010-2011 season.

Via Associated Press (Google)

This dude Walsh is sneaky.

Back
Top Bottom