NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Damn, LeBron must be hurt seeing this...

I am hurt, we might as well sign Brevin Knight, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Chris Mihm (all Free agents) and just have a former Scrub Cavs reunion

roll.gif

So who else is left on the FA market... Besides AI, Sheed, Odom?

I really hope Sheed signs with the Celtics.
Steve Nash or Jason Kidd to the Knicks
nerd.gif
might be the next big move.
pimp.gif
at the Clips getting rid of Z-Bo's *%!%%*$. Now Kaman needs to getmoved for a few role players.

Wow, Ron Artest took way less money to sign with the Lakers. I do not understand why he agreed to a 3 yr deal. If he really wanted a ring he should'vesigned for 1 yr and then bolted for a more lucrative contract next summer. I respect his desire to win but it wasn't the best decision for him financially.

Q Rich back on the clips? He must be pissed lol

I hope we get Sheed too, love his game and we need to do something ...Green Air Force Highs
pimp.gif

Who would take either of those guys
smh.gif

After losing out on Artest and Ariza, the Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a possible sign-and-trade deal for Toronto Raptors swingman Anthony Parker, twoleague sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night. No deal is imminent, sources say, but talks were continuing. Parker, a 6-foot-6, is an unrestricted freeagent after spending the past three seasons with the Raptors. He averaged 10.7 points and four rebounds last season. He was a first-round pick of the Nets in1997, but spent most of his career in Europe. Yahoo

Yea that will make up for it
laugh.gif

Hopefully Sheed takes the MLE and we grab one more person for the bench. We need a scorer still.

Originally Posted by belle155

and honestly our draft picks were wasted too. we should have moved up in the draft

im throwing my towel in before the season even starts. get chester in here and quote me, or not, because im not gonna edit this.

F M L

ill still go to 30+ games and take a thousand pics but our best shot (hindsight is 20/20) would have been to trade for shaq LAST trade deadline.

we arent goin anywhere. bron might be tho

/thread
We still have the Trade Deadline, I still feel we can def get to the Finals

Originally Posted by SCuse7

smh.gif

After losing out on Artest and Ariza, the Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a possible sign-and-trade deal for Toronto Raptors swingman Anthony Parker, two league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night. No deal is imminent, sources say, but talks were continuing. Parker, a 6-foot-6, is an unrestricted free agent after spending the past three seasons with the Raptors. He averaged 10.7 points and four rebounds last season. He was a first-round pick of the Nets in 1997, but spent most of his career in Europe. Yahoo

laugh.gif

Hopefully Sheed takes the MLE and we grab one more person for the bench. We need a scorer still.
Parker is nice, long, athletic and a good defender, deadly shooter can also play point guard if you let him. H would be a nice addition to thecavs.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Wow, Ron Artest took way less money to sign with the Lakers. I do not understand why he agreed to a 3 yr deal. If he really wanted a ring he should've signed for 1 yr and then bolted for a more lucrative contract next summer. I respect his desire to win but it wasn't the best decision for him financially.
I hate how people talk about how NBA players only care about $$$ but when a dude signs for less to win, he's gets criticize.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nuggets: Nothing too much from them. (Birdman got offered a deal and is expected to return)

Jazz: Okur and Boozer both gone, and they ain't going to go after Millsap, too expensive. (I think you meant to say that Okur and Boozer both opted to remain with the Jazz but Utah is looking to move Boozer).
Fixed.

thekillerj23 wrote:

Originally Posted by belle155
We still have the Trade Deadline, I still feel we can def get to the Finals

i dont doubt that, but im just lookin at the facts, LA got better, boston got better. we got shaq. i wont deny hes an upgrade over ben but thatsit.

i dont know why, but can you help answer me this? why did we miss out on CV, ron, sheed, ariza...i mean do they just not want to play here? did we not makethem offers? im not goin to realcavsfans, thats too many posts to read tonight. im just wonderin why we missed out on all the guys we had bullseyes on a weekago. seriously i dont even know. i just hope we at least made offers or somethin. if they dont want to play here thats one thing but did we at least makeoffers and TRY??

What I don't get is this: why did Ariza make such a quick verbal commitment to the Rockets when the Cavs still have their MLE to spend and they would mostlikely be more than willing to pick Trevor up?

I mean, if you're the Cavs, you're like 'Oh dag, Artest to L.A.? That sucks, but that would presumably free up Ariza. Let's give him a call andsee wha... wait, what? He verbally committed to the Rockets?'

Makes no sense to me on Ariza's part.

And yes, his agent definitely screwed him over. Sad to see a good guy like Ariza be the one that finally gets shafted by an agent's money game, butit's good to see an athlete get shafted by his agent's money game.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by SCuse7

smh.gif

After losing out on Artest and Ariza, the Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a possible sign-and-trade deal for Toronto Raptors swingman Anthony Parker, two league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night. No deal is imminent, sources say, but talks were continuing. Parker, a 6-foot-6, is an unrestricted free agent after spending the past three seasons with the Raptors. He averaged 10.7 points and four rebounds last season. He was a first-round pick of the Nets in 1997, but spent most of his career in Europe. Yahoo

laugh.gif

Parker is nice, long, athletic and a good defender, deadly shooter can also play point guard if you let him. H would be a nice addition to the cavs.

Not saying he isn't good, but hes not going to put them over the top. They needed a guy like Ariza/Artest a 3/4 guy that can do a little more then Parker. They are missing someone like that.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nuggets: Nothing too much from them. (Birdman got offered a deal and is expected to return)

Jazz: Okur and Boozer both gone, and they ain't going to go after Millsap, too expensive. (I think you meant to say that Okur and Boozer both opted to remain with the Jazz but Utah is looking to move Boozer).
Fixed.

if milsap is leaving, we can do a sign and trade lee+jefferies for boozers fat expiring contract.

Toronto has pencilled in three years and $18-million to $21-million (all currency U.S.) for Marion. The longer it takes him to survey the landscape and realize that might be the best offer on the table, the more likely he'll accept.

A nice player swap with us and houston. I wish Trevor the best and pray the Ron can stay focus and keep his mind right.........

i cant wait for the finals of the lakers vs celtics next year
ron artest
pimp.gif

cant wait
might have to buy his authentic

noble kane: crawford was traded to atl for acie law & speedy claxton.
i like that marion deal. not bad imo.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What I don't get is this: why did Ariza make such a quick verbal commitment to the Rockets when the Cavs still have their MLE to spend and they would most likely be more than willing to pick Trevor up?

I mean, if you're the Cavs, you're like 'Oh dag, Artest to L.A.? That sucks, but that would presumably free up Ariza. Let's give him a call and see wha... wait, what? He verbally committed to the Rockets?'

And yes, his agent definitely screwed him over. Sad to see a good guy like Ariza be the one that finally gets shafted by an agent's money game, but it's good to see an athlete get shafted by his agent's money game.
smokin.gif
if your ariza and see the cavs 2 best players(shaq and bron) have a great shot at leaving next year would you sign a 5 year deal there?

orlando needs to try to do whatever it takes to get sheed. him and dwight in the middle
eek.gif

cuz if boston gets him.....
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What I don't get is this: why did Ariza make such a quick verbal commitment to the Rockets when the Cavs still have their MLE to spend and they would most likely be more than willing to pick Trevor up?

I mean, if you're the Cavs, you're like 'Oh dag, Artest to L.A.? That sucks, but that would presumably free up Ariza. Let's give him a call and see wha... wait, what? He verbally committed to the Rockets?'

And yes, his agent definitely screwed him over. Sad to see a good guy like Ariza be the one that finally gets shafted by an agent's money game, but it's good to see an athlete get shafted by his agent's money game.
smokin.gif
if your ariza and see the cavs 2 best players(shaq and bron) have a great shot at leaving next year would you sign a 5 year deal there?

What the !$!# does Houston have?!
indifferent.gif
(don't gove me this "better city" %@*%)...

Back
Top Bottom