NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Pat Riley has contacted AI?
nerd.gif
That would be such a bad move for the Heat right?
eyes.gif

if your a young team with young players you dont want AI on your team

if your a vet team with vet players then MAYBE you want AI on your team and thats a big MAYBE

getting AI would be a move to just keep wade happy tho AKA cavs getting shaq for bron

Originally Posted by Bassy Telfair

Everyone says Cavs need a scorer and a shooter right?? Why not AI?? Am i mising something, would he not fit right in??

the cavs don't need a shooter. they have enough. w/ shaq being in the hole, boobie gibson will raise from the grave and mo williams will get cleanershots; both will have to work on their jump shots over the summer. the cavs NEED a power forward in order to go deep into the playoffs. they should tryreally hard to get sheed. if worse comes to worse, try and get gooden back. they blew their chance to get villanueva. side show bob was and will always becrap...and i don't know why the cavs spazzed over him.

...and what were you thinking about iverson? there's some good players that are free agents this year, but there's a "shortage" at pf. nextyear's free agency class will be out of control!!!

if the spurs manage to woo sheed...i don't know how you get past those guys.

parker
ginobli
jefferson
duncan
sheed

oooooh aaaaaaaah

am i the only Cavs fan that thinks we should throw the MLE at Odom??? he would fit perfect at the 4 and the Lakers cant offer anything close to what we canright??

Originally Posted by SiccWittit33

am i the only Cavs fan that thinks we should throw the MLE at Odom??? he would fit perfect at the 4 and the Lakers cant offer anything close to what we can right??
Lakers own Lamar's Bird Rights, meaning they can offer an extra year the other teams can't (6 to 5) meaning more money.

Not only can we offer an extra year, but we can also offer any amount per year, so yeah no chance of Odom to Cleveland.

^but the lakers aren't to go crazy in resigning odom. teams know that they will probably have to overpay to acquire odom's services. it's gonnabe up to la if they want to spend that much.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Ron's deal is basically the same as Ariza's.

5 years 33M
Again, I think Ron short-changed himself. But hey, as long as he's happy I guess.

And yungchamp, the Nuggets are not doing much else except trying to secure Birdman. Their money is short this off-season.

Originally Posted by belle155
We still have the Trade Deadline, I still feel we can def get to the Finals

i dont doubt that, but im just lookin at the facts, LA got better, boston got better. we got shaq. i wont deny hes an upgrade over ben but thats it.

i dont know why, but can you help answer me this? why did we miss out on CV, ron, sheed, ariza...i mean do they just not want to play here? did we not make them offers? im not goin to realcavsfans, thats too many posts to read tonight. im just wonderin why we missed out on all the guys we had bullseyes on a week ago. seriously i dont even know. i just hope we at least made offers or somethin. if they dont want to play here thats one thing but did we at least make offers and TRY??

Nobody wants to play in Cleveland, and we're clearly going the wrong way luring FAs in here. We got LeBron sending %%%#%+% text messages to players tocome? Great. Real professional. The same #$%$ happened when we were trying to sign Redd, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, or Larry Hughes, and look who took the bait?Apparently LeBron sent a video to those guys saying, 'Come play with me in Cleveland.' Business savvy my %!#. Part of the problem with this franchise,and yes I'm going to get knocked for it, is letting LeBron run his show whenever and wherever. Teams that have WON championships, Houston and LA, obviouslyknow the method, and they did it without offering more money.

That said, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that people simply DON'T want to play in Cleveland. I mean, you know something's up whenyou're losing FAs to the %%%#%+% city of Detroit. I like living in Cleveland, I don't mind it at all, but to multi-millionaire playboys? Forget aboutit. We simply don't have the same things other cities can offer. Shopping downtown? Nope, you're going out to Beachwood. Restaurants downtown?You'd get sick of eating at the best ones in three months if you're going every night. Nightlife? West 6th, East 4th, or Coventry, and only West 6thwould halfway suit an NBA player. Girls? Not bad, but not even close to LA, Miami, and I haven't even been to Houston but I'd bet $100 they'rebetter. Weather? Winter = hell. Point being, anybody that's been to Cleveland for an extended period of time knows what I'm talking about. I love it,but I can understand why guys would go elsewhere, especially when you're talking about LA or Boston, coupled with the fact we've got GM LeBron sendingdamn text messages...

SHUGES: Ron def. short-handed himself. In recent history in almost any sport, he's probably one of the most skilled guys who I think has played at adiscount his whole career.

Cavs now interested in Marion for what's it's worth...let's see if LeBron texts him or BBMs him this time...

Top choices slipping away; Cavs chase Anthony Parker, Shawn Marion

by Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

The dominoes starting falling in the NBA on Day Two of free agency. Some of the players the Cavaliers had significant interest in appear to be headed otherplaces but they are still very much in the free-agent game.

According to a league source, the Cavaliers have begun homing in on Toronto Raptors free-agent guard Anthony Parker after both Ron Artest and Trevor Arizaappeared set to go to other teams.

Another source said the Cavs also have spoken to another Raptors free agent, former All-Star Shawn Marion, though it was not clear late Thursday if the twosides had gotten serious. Both players are unrestricted free agents.

Artest, who was one of the Cavs' top choices, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he was going to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers instead of the Cavs. Hereportedly will get the Lakers' mid-level exception for three years, a deal that could be worth $18 million. The Cavs could have offered the same, butArtest, who has a home in L.A., preferred to go to the West Coast.

A few hours later, ESPN.com reported Trevor Ariza had essentially flipped spots with Artest and decided to commit to signing with the Houston Rockets for theirmid-level exception. The Cavs had pitched themselves to Ariza on the first day of free agency as well.

The Rockets, Lakers and Cavs all had the same amount of money to spend.

Any scenarios with the Raptors' free agents might take a little time as the Raptors, who own both players "Bird" rights, can outbid the Cavs ifthey choose. Toronto is reportedly close to re-signing guard Carlos Delfino, who played last season in Europe, and might not put up much of a fight for Parker.

Parker, 34, is a 6-6 wing who averaged 10.7 points, 4 rebounds and 3.4 assists for the Raptors last season when he made $4.5 million. A former star in theEuroleague, Parker was sought after by the Cavs three years ago when he came to the NBA, but he passed.

Another league source said the Cavs also have been in contact with Denver Nuggets restricted free-agent forward Linas Kleiza. The 24-year-old is the type of"stretch" big man the Cavs have been interested in. He averaged 9.9 points for the Nuggets, who might not be able to retain him as they attempt tostay out of the luxury tax.

Another one of the players the Cavs are believed to be interested in, Rasheed Wallace, could also soon be elsewhere. Reports out of Boston said Paul Pierce,Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Celtics coach Doc Rivers and team owner Wyc Grousbeck all flew to visit Wallace in his Detroit-area home on Thursday. Wallacereportedly wanted to meet all of his suitors, and then spend the weekend making up his mind. It isn't clear whether the Cavs met with him.

- Good point about Ron playing for a discount for his entire career. I definitely can't think of anyone else.

- Marion would be a very good look for Cle.

-
eek.gif
at the C's going all out like that for Sheed. That's pretty impressive for them all to be flying out to see him. Seems like Bos has the edge....

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^but the lakers aren't to go crazy in resigning odom. teams know that they will probably have to overpay to acquire odom's services. it's gonna be up to la if they want to spend that much.

Where the hell did you get that rubbish? LO is the first priority.

"We had a substantially larger offer above the mid-level from Toronto," Lee said. "Trevor decided to go to Houston. I told Mitch (Kupchak, the Lakers' general manager) that it was never about the money; it was about respect." NBA.com

Respect?
laugh.gif

am i the only Cavs fan that thinks we should throw the MLE at Odom??? he would fit perfect at the 4 and the Lakers cant offer anything close to what we can right??

1. you might have to re-introduce yourself, never seen you on here, 'we?'

2. there's not a snowball's chance in hell LO is going to take the MLE with Cleveland after winning a 'ship in LA and Ariza leaving

3. Bird Rights that have already been stated, are in fact, applicable, so LA can offer significantly more than CLE

4. step it up before you use 'we' again, playa

- I said this in the Knicks thread, but if Kidd signs with NYK for less money, it's a very telling sign. On different things.

-jdb gets it. I'd be frustrated big time if I was a Cavs fan.

- AI needs to swallow his pride and ego and find a good team to provide a scoring spark and fit a role. Don't think he'll ever allow it tho.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

if the spurs manage to woo sheed...i don't know how you get past those guys.

parker
ginobli
jefferson
duncan
sheed

oooooh aaaaaaaah
pimp.gif
just have to wait and see
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

1. you might have to re-introduce yourself, never seen you on here, 'we?'

2. there's not a snowball's chance in hell LO is going to take the MLE with Cleveland after winning a 'ship in LA and Ariza leaving

3. Bird Rights that have already been stated, are in fact, applicable, so LA can offer significantly more than CLE

4. step it up before you use 'we' again, playa
laugh.gif
.. gotta co sign... you and bella are prolly the only"real" cav fans i reaspect on here.. i know there is 5 more..... i just cant remember there names...

laugh.gif
Wasn't trying to be disrespectful to the guy...I just don't need another gaBeGramz running around saying 'we this' and 'we that'and then when the Cavs lose he says he's only a fan of LeBron...and has a Knicks + Cavs sig...

Thanks for the props though guys I appreciate it, just trying to be an objective NBA fan.

Goddamn I hate the Wizards front office. They aint trying to do anything
mad.gif
, we have only like two players over 6'9" the f*** they waiting on?

Sportscenter said AI wants to go to the Grizzlies
roll.gif
? He better off in Charlotte

Back
Top Bottom