NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Whoever gets Sheed wins the East (BOS, ORL, CLE) or West (SA). Yeah, I said it.
pimp.gif

I still don't understand the difference that will be in both Battier/Ariza's game...At least Artest could put up 20+ ppg...so i still don't getwhat Ariza will bring to the Rockets...

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nuggets: Nothing too much from them. (Birdman got offered a deal and is expected to return)

Jazz: Okur and Boozer both gone, and they ain't going to go after Millsap, too expensive. (I think you meant to say that Okur and Boozer both opted to remain with the Jazz but Utah is looking to move Boozer).
Fixed.

if milsap is leaving, we can do a sign and trade lee+jefferies for boozers fat expiring contract.
Why would they do that? It only works for the Knicks. The Jazz would be further in luxury tax and I doubt they would pick up Eddy Curry'soption in 2010.

xblker47 wrote:
EnEyeKayEe wrote:
Whoever gets Sheed wins the East (BOS, ORL, CLE) or West (SA). Yeah, I said it.
pimp.gif

QFT

If he played like he did in 07-08 season but he played horrible last season. IF he plays the same way...
embarassed.gif

But something tells me he will end up with the Celtics and he will play great....

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nuggets: Nothing too much from them. (Birdman got offered a deal and is expected to return)

Jazz: Okur and Boozer both gone, and they ain't going to go after Millsap, too expensive. (I think you meant to say that Okur and Boozer both opted to remain with the Jazz but Utah is looking to move Boozer).
Fixed.

if milsap is leaving, we can do a sign and trade lee+jefferies for boozers fat expiring contract.
Why would they do that? It only works for the Knicks. The Jazz would be further in luxury tax and I doubt they would pick up Eddy Curry's option in 2010.
reading is fundamental. its just an statement i threw out there. but it does in fact work.
lee would replace boozers and milsap's spot, while jefferies becomes a backup and subs in for okur/lee when each of them need a breather.
only reason why this wouldn't make sense is because jefferies/lee's deal are a lot longer, and they're better off letting boozer collect his cashat home.
edit: how much is boozer making? i read 23 mil somewhere, but i honestly think its 13 mil, and not 23...but someone correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by jeoma789

I still don't understand the difference that will be in both Battier/Ariza's game...At least Artest could put up 20+ ppg...so i still don't get what Ariza will bring to the Rockets...

its to control the bleeding. Ya it looks bad with Yao and Mac out of the line up. But if the heavens align somehow, and Yao plays 60 games and Tracy issomewhat his old self, and they slide in the playoffs, the Ariza signing looks better. Also after 2010, what ever the line up looks like, is when you shouldjudge the signing

I want to see us get Millsap to go along with Durant and Green. He'll bring some toughness.

Guys aren't really testing much, but LA got the better end of the deal. Artest>>>>Ariza

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What I don't get is this: why did Ariza make such a quick verbal commitment to the Rockets when the Cavs still have their MLE to spend and they would most likely be more than willing to pick Trevor up?

I mean, if you're the Cavs, you're like 'Oh dag, Artest to L.A.? That sucks, but that would presumably free up Ariza. Let's give him a call and see wha... wait, what? He verbally committed to the Rockets?'

Makes no sense to me on Ariza's part.

And yes, his agent definitely screwed him over. Sad to see a good guy like Ariza be the one that finally gets shafted by an agent's money game, but it's good to see an athlete get shafted by his agent's money game.
smokin.gif
if your ariza and see the cavs 2 best players(shaq and bron) have a great shot at leaving next year would you sign a 5 year deal there?

Yes.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

What I don't get is this: why did Ariza make such a quick verbal commitment to the Rockets when the Cavs still have their MLE to spend and they would most likely be more than willing to pick Trevor up?

I mean, if you're the Cavs, you're like 'Oh dag, Artest to L.A.? That sucks, but that would presumably free up Ariza. Let's give him a call and see wha... wait, what? He verbally committed to the Rockets?'

And yes, his agent definitely screwed him over. Sad to see a good guy like Ariza be the one that finally gets shafted by an agent's money game, but it's good to see an athlete get shafted by his agent's money game.
smokin.gif
if your ariza and see the cavs 2 best players(shaq and bron) have a great shot at leaving next year would you sign a 5 year deal there?

Yes.

i would as well. he already has his chip, right now he just wants to get paid, and locked up long term.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

smokin.gif

Yes.

i would as well. he already has his chip, right now he just wants to get paid, and locked up long term.

Seriously, what the +@$@ is this dude thinking? If you dudes are so sure about Ariza "wanting to be the man", & NT is CONVINCED LBJ is NYC bound,why the +@$@ didn't you sign the MLE with Cleveland Ariza? Dude has NO CLUE how much he would of been "appreciated" here if he helped bring us a'ship.
indifferent.gif

Best believe that Portland offered more to Trevor. Portland offered more than Houston and Cleveland most likely.

Ariza signed with the Rockets because Mike said it best. And players love playing in Texas because the state has no state income tax. A lot of players stilllive out there, an example would be all of these basketball camps are held out in Texas.

Plus he can be the man for the time being in Houston since everybody's injured.

Bottomline, this dude is our future Shane Battier. (Shane's number comes off after next year) Not as good or smart a defender but nevertheless, one of thebest peremeter defenders in the league ..with more offense. He's only 24 so he has plenty of room to grow. He'll be hitting his prime under contractwith Houston, so it's a good signing at a reasonably good price.

This signing is basically a piece to team up with whoever we go after in the 2010 FA bunch.

Everyone says Cavs need a scorer and a shooter right?? Why not AI?? Am i mising something, would he not fit right in??

Originally Posted by Bassy Telfair

Everyone says Cavs need a scorer and a shooter right?? Why not AI?? Am i mising something, would he not fit right in??

nooooooooooooooooo no no no

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Q Rich back on the clips? He must be pissed lol

I hope we get Sheed too, love his game and we need to do something ...Green Air Force Highs
pimp.gif

doggie.....nt's NOT ready 4 that. cats werent ready back when danny was rockin em in 83 with a solid white midsole and 'Nike AIR' on the backstrap tab with no swoosh.....
and white nylon tongues....
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
FILTHY!!!!!

if he comes thru the bean Bodega's gonna be that spot best believe
pimp.gif

With Ron you just gotta take the good with the bad and hope for more of the former than the latter.

Regardless of what a lot may think Ron was pretty bad last year and his defense was vastly overrated. He has to have the ball in his hands to be effective onoffense and is a volume shooter. And not a good one at that which means poor efficiency. I frown upon poor efficiency
smh.gif
. He and T-Mac didn't gel well together. He's slow at running offensive setsand his lateral quickness is not there. Son unless Kobe's still the main individual defensive stopper, be in for long nights when a opposing scorer gets itgoing. He's clearly on the downside of his career

Sure he'll bring some newfound toughness to the team but as far as the overwhelming upgrade a lot of Laker posters seem to think it is, maybe marginal atbest.

Take it from a Rocket fan who watched some painful hardships with him last year
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom