**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, simple enough.. ain’t hard to have a civil convo

But if I were a Lakers fan, biggest concern would be those involved in making the decisions.. who knows how much of last summer was magic and then how much was those still around

As i said, jerry buss and jerry west ain’t with the team anymore

Yeah Jerry and Jerry was a great run. Mitch and Jim lost the mojo and Magic was waaaay over his head. I’d like to believe that Rob and especially Jeanie with those awful billboards learned from the last few years of fail. The AD trade is nice, but the true test will be next week.

Ima piggyback off some of the stuff Frink said. The LA market is a desirable market for free agents if there’s a decent team in place. If the team sucks, you may be able to land guys who just want to get paid, but it’s not going to be appealing to anyone who wants to win.

I’ve always said that in this day and age the off court opportunities will be there for superstars regardless of the market. Will there be more opportunities in a LA or NYC? Of course, but players can flourish in almost every market.

The problem the Lakers had in years past, failing with Dwight, Aldridge etc is that they were more preoccupied with pitching the off court opportunities as opposed to pitching their on court plans.

A big market like LA or NYC is only an advantage when you have a decent team in place to make the market much more appealing. If the team sucks, no one wants to deal with the dysfunction. The Knicks are proof throughout the entire Dolan tenure, the Lakers seem to be righting the ship, but the same applied to them after Jerry Buss passed.

See, another reasonable response

Just having money doesn’t guarantee anything if you end up overpaying someone or making the wrong choices

And as I mentioned, I assume when a need comes up kuz is gone to address it.. since draft picks are tied up and lebron and AD are pretty much untouchable.. and well gotta still make sure to get AD sold and resigned, as Boston is learning with kyrie

Broussard Telling Yall Warrior & Steph Haters EAD

Imagine Steph Curry having the chance to show you if he can carry a team without 2 of his better teammates on the court and still having a person that averages triple doubles for a living

then imagine defending yourself by going back to previous championships and literally talking about how many points he scored, like thats literally all your bragging about in your argument, while having said teammates on the court with him. With no mention of his decision making, being a floor general or a stellar defensive play.

Can ANY Dubs fan just name ONE amazing Steph defensive play that sealed the deal for the Dubs
Like Lebron's chase down block
Jordan's steal on Malone

Why is he even being brought up still? Because he can score A LOT of points?

someone actually asked to be buried with THIS? Out of all the better REAL moments you would have as a Dubs fan you chose a Chris Broussard sound bite POST finals of 2019
Easily the lowest point of Steph's career

Jaylen Brown ain't it. Celtics need to let him go if its gonna bring Beal, and I'm not even that high on Beal.

But Brown ain't it. Never thought he would anything more than a 12-16 pt per game scorer.

I can't wait until the Celtics writers starting letting some of the details they been sitting on leak out, about all the locker room stuff and such. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Jaylen that rubbed everyone the wrong way :lol:

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/11/jaylen-brown-is-the-celtics-player-least-likely-to-pass/

Now, there has to be one player who passes less than everyone else on the team. It’s only natural. Common sense would lead you to believe it’s the team’s top scorer, or at least the second-highest scorer on the team.

Well, that’s not the case with the Celtics. In fact, the player who’s touches result in a pass the least for the C’s is their fourth-highest scorer in terms of points per game (12.7).

Yep, it’s Brown.

So, according to nba.com, Brown gets 31.7 touches per game and makes 17.1 passes a game. He also attempts 10.8 field goals per game. That means he’s shooting the ball 34.1 percent of the time he touches it and only passes it 53.9 percent of the time.

It wouldn’t mean much if Brown was in the same grouping as Irving, Morris and Tatum, but he’s in a league of his own. He, legitimately, barely passes the ball half the time. You would think that’s a byproduct of the Celtics’ having too many shooters, but he’s the lone outlier in the bunch.

Although it’s hard to know who Morris was specifically calling out when he talked about making sacrifices on Saturday, these numbers alone make it hard to believe one of the players he alluded to wasn’t Brown.

**** wicked. Wasn’t suggestive. It’s routine for LaVar to for better words, “take on” a challenge that they throw his way in convos like this...and then beat it down with his bravado.

The one redeeming quality everyone can give LaVar is he’s shown to be a successful, loving, caring and loyal father & husband. For Molly and them to react to a routine comment like that...says more about what they THINK about him, than who he’s shown to be in that regard.

He's irrelevant to them now that Zo is in New Orleans. But in all honesty Jalen probably was really upset and made a call.

Molly smirked when he said it tho :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom