**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking up that team and moving their floor leader in DLo for a dude who just tore his Achiles and another who's seemed to not be the best locker room guy is a pretty wild move.

I hate the Nets, but they really put together a lineup that could contend in a few years if they just add the proper piece. I'll be here to watch if they **** it up, though.

.... d roses game is based off athleticism.

It's a big part of KD's as well. That shot everyone speaks of...he's not shooting them ****s stand still in an empty gym. The first step, the burst, the ability to pull up and over anyone. The ability to explode and finish over people at the rim. All of these things are significantly impacted by his injury. It will not only impact him but it will impact how teams gameplan for him now.

I remember alot of people's saying Boogie's game would be ok because it wasn't "based on athleticism". Anyone know the difference between pre and post achilles tear boogie now?

Kyrie should just go to the Knicks tbh, get them to .500 and he'd be celebrated, win them a playoff series he'd be a God word to Melo pre Phil Jackson.

I really see no logic in going to the Nets. Not from any angle.

Kings can make room for 2 max free agents. Why dont Kawhi and Klay go there? It's in California too. Weather must be great.

His defense was always trash, but as the season went on he was looking alot more fluid offensively. Takes a full year to be close to normal. Being 300 lbs doesnt help though.

Definitely a 2 year rehab.

He ate in March...when everyone loots.

There is no more "normal" for Boogie. Next year, year after that, whenever...he will be a SIGNIFICANTLY different player and won't have the same effect on basketball games anymore.

It's mind-boggling that a good majority of the basketball world seem to be pretending like it's some minor injury and everything is just business as usual.

The entire idea of getting a Kevin Durant this summer...was getting arguably the best player in the game who can put up 30 in his sleep effortlessly and single-handedly will teams to victory. He may rehab really well...and come back a really good basketball player...but that Kevin Durant we all knew is done.

A KD/Kyrie package deal doesn't NEARLY mean what it did a month ago. Asking a guy to come back @ 32 from a torn achilles...and be your franchise player is ALOT.
Its all about selling the names mane ...Trying to cater to the Casual fan hear "KD" and they interested, dont matter what condition he's in...different circumstances but the Nets tried the whole big name thing with the washed Celtics players too, anybody that knew a lil bit of ball could see that move was gon be a struggle to make work

Also alotta optics involved too, always gotta make your franchise look like you making big moves...much sexier than just running back that young BK squad from last year or the rebuild for the Knicks

I agree, but has he ever though? Outside of that half season on the Pelicans, idk if he ever made that big of an impact outside the boxscore.

He should stay on the Warriors for sure though.

Another MLE? Think he'd be a bit greedy if he signing a year deal since its gonna be a down year for Warriors

Nets giving up their nice young core to appease the 2 most sensitive stars in the league. One coming from a terrible playoffs, one on an achilles injury.

You despise to glimpse it.
Don’t forget, the nets signed offer sheets on 3 players who have all now been salary dumps

Crabbe
Porter
Johnson

That Nets team was nice and woulda made more noice had Deron not die. That team was stacked like 10 man stacked.

I’m optimistic on KD off the strength of how many layers he has to his game. I understand it’s a 2 year process at the minimum but if he’s really good at 33, it could be worth it.

But I’m fanning so I’m hoping for best case scenario

Worst case scenario he's a #2 option on a good team averaging 22 ppg as an average defender.

You dont forget how to shoot. Even if he's a step slower, outside of a handful of guys idk who can guard a 7 footer with his offensive skill.

I’m optimistic on KD off the strength of how many layers he has to his game. I understand it’s a 2 year process at the minimum but if he’s really good at 33, it could be worth it.

But I’m fanning so I’m hoping for best case scenario
Nets have one of if the best training staff in the league and the Nets doctors worked on KD twice now. I'd say KD trusts them

The Crabbe deal sucked, but the other in effect tied up the Heat and Wizards cap for a time. Two less teams to worry about
I’d give the benefit of the doubt on one of those 3 deals but when you almost gave 3 salary dump offer sheets I’m not buying that tying up cap space was worth it

It's a big part of KD's as well. That shot everyone speaks of...he's not shooting them ****s stand still in an empty gym. The first step, the burst, the ability to pull up and over anyone. The ability to explode and finish over people at the rim. All of these things are significantly impacted by his injury. It will not only impact him but it will impact how teams gameplan for him now.

I remember alot of people's saying Boogie's game would be ok because it wasn't "based on athleticism". Anyone know the difference between pre and post achilles tear boogie now?

All fair points. It's basically about if you think the risk is worth the investment at this point.

I'm curious if you were running the Nets or the Knicks if you had a shot at KD even with the injury question mark would you not pursue him? Also, if you were GS, would you not offer him his 5 year max contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom