**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets be real though. Rob (Lakers) backed his way into the additions of Lebron and AD. Yes, they both are here, but 1 was coming regardless of who the GM was, and the other was traded because NO was desperate and had no choice.

Lets not act like he did a superb job of winning those two over with hard work. @buc em could have been the GM and he would have landed those two as well.

The end result is they did get the job done, and thats all that matters. The struggles of bringing marquee FA's the past 5 years meant nothing.

Rob is still Rob. Lets see him fill out the roster if he doesnt get another max dude. Thats the real test.

Results based analysis. Doesn't matter if Rob builds a super team that wins 5 championships in the next decade. What matters is that people thought he was an idiot beforehand

Funny how these storylines go. Rob is clueless while Ainge is the genius. However you wanna flip it in 2 years Rob got Lebron and AD (while keeping Kuz) under his watch meanwhile Ainge is losing his current all-star, his AD hopes blew up in his face and he goofed all his assets away.
Rob didn’t know about the cap until he read woj’s tweets

Results based analysis. Doesn't matter if Rob builds a super team that wins 5 championships in the next decade. What matters is that people thought he was an idiot beforehand
i think it still remains to be seen if he's an idiot or not. I'm leaning more towards idiot eventhough I never really thought he was an idiot.

I mean, the talk about him not knowing about the cap until after he agreed to trade for AD is a little odd, no? Don't teams usually have many people on staff who's job is to prepare uppers on the cap implications?

These dudes have literally been adjusting their narratives by the day yet y'all still believing them.

IMG_20190624_155553.jpg

I mean, the talk about him not knowing about the cap until after he agreed to trade for AD is a little odd, no? Don't teams usually have many people on staff who's job is to prepare uppers on the cap implications?
you really think rob, who's been an agent for more than a decade, who's handled complex negotiations in the past isn't aware how salary cap and it's structures work?

you really think rob, who's been an agent for more than a decade, who's handled complex negotiations in the past isn't aware how salary cap and it's structures work?
I dont think its unreasonable to think that at all. We've never seen GM's not understand all of the details? Or would this be the absolute first time any GM would have made such a boneheaded move?

I'm not gonna let Lakers fans tell me its not possible.

8 years in and out the league and all over the map...and you still want to see ANYTHING about Jimmer Fredette?

I swear...be a stand out NCAA player and you can live in glory FOREVER
Summer league the closest level to the NBA that he can look good at...he gon ball out then once the season comes around ppl be like “what’s going on?” :lol:

I actually believe some of it but not entirely.

They were saying the Lakers were scrambling to find a 3rd team and buy 2nd rounders after the trade but there were reports about trying to find a 3rd team and working out 2nd rounders before the trade even went down. Also I think Hunter didn't even work out for anyone besides the Hawks before the draft. Everything was apparently arranged well ahead of time. The Lakers have done plenty of dumb **** so I wouldn't put it passed them, but this one doesn't add up at all

So does this policy that changing narratives are less credible apply when the narratives shift in favor of the Lakers? Doesn’t always seem like it...

When they obviously have an agenda because of their lack of access to the inner workings of what's going on in Lakerland. I've tried to document it as best as I can. EVERYBODY was having tremendous laughs at the Lakers turmoil yet the same energy hasn't been kept elsewhere. Woj obviously has a vendetta against Bron & LA so much that mentioning the Lakers name is like 'Voldemort'. Momo has been granted less and less access over the years. Chris Haynes is the Klutch plug. McTen has the team angle and the local reporters (LA Times) have the details on a lot of stuff.

Lakers have capologists just like every other team. Rob's previous and for that matter Rich's entire job revolve around knowing how contracts are structured and how to integrate stuff into the team dynamic.

They were saying the Lakers were scrambling to find a 3rd team and buy 2nd rounders after the trade but there were reports about trying to find a 3rd team and working out 2nd rounders before the trade even went down. Also I think Hunter didn't even work out for anyone besides the Hawks before the draft. Everything was apparently arranged well ahead of time. The Lakers have done plenty of dumb **** so I wouldn't put it passed them, but this one doesn't add up at all

Let’s not forget Pelinka is the same GM that played the Cavs with the gentlemen’s handshake for Boozer. He is the ultimate schemer there is no way he did not understand the cap and dates regarding a trade.

thats fair

Thats what I'm alluding to. I wouldn't put it pass them, and I also don't want to give Rob credit, YET. I'm not a what have you done for me lately type of person. I need to see the scope of moves made in a longer period of time, not just 1 off season

He is still TBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom