**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about the Grizz, but at least NY and LA have historic franchises and are in cities where a young player will be motivated to make it work, despite dysfunction, because fans actually show up to games and care about the team. It's been done in other sports (players threatening to withdraw after being picked or playing other sports) so I don't see how people could be that hard on Zion if he went that route. All that being said, he's going to suit up in NOLA and do his thing. David Griffin seems like a competent GM, so I'm hoping Pelicans get it together and not let another generational talent go to waste.

I would sincerely hope a professional athlete doesn't need to be in a specific city to be motivated to make it work.

lol celtics fans crying here about getting bullied must be a joke right? please tell me its a joke

This whole Lakers-Pelicans thing reeks of collusion. Ball, Kuzma, & Ingram all have pretty significant flaws but they should take the package anyway for the hell of it.

Silver needs to seriously consider revamping the revenue sharing system in the next CBA.

Like most reports involving the Lakers these days i put no trust in it, but if true the Pels org is dumber than i thought. Why would you purposely leak publicly that your not taking the Lakers proposal when the last time the trade was in talks they were supposedly offerning four young guys & taking back a bad contract. Now they have the ability to do all that along with a top 4 pick.

even if you have no intention on dealing with them, just having other teams look at the Lakers proposed offer would force other teams to come strong. If they are gonna push this i'm not dealing with the Lakers thing... they are pretty much begging the Knicks to lowball them, because Boston's package is looking nowhere near as appealing as it did during the ASB. the 14th, and two early 20 picks this year? Tatum who's hype has died down a bit? AD is signing up to play with Jaylen brown and 34yr old horford in Boston?

I still think Tatum is going to be a stud, despite this past season. Too much sh*t was going on with that team and it sort of hindered his growth. I wonder how much stock Griffin will invest in Tatum's 2018-2019 season if/when an AD deal is brought to the table involving him.

I still think Tatum is going to be a stud, despite this past season. Too much sh*t was going on with that team and it sort of hindered his growth. I wonder how much stock Griffin will invest in Tatum's 2018-2019 season if/when an AD deal is brought to the table involving him.
giphy.gif

His long 2s weren’t doing him favors, too. I’m hopeful he bounces back, and he will. He has two good/bad seasons that will serve as his basis for growth.

Theoretically Zion could withdraw, train for a year, and still be drafted #1 next year. In regards to funds, Nike is about to give him that bread so that shouldn't be a concern. I don't side with everything Cowherd says, but I agree that the Pelicans don't deserve Zion. Has nothing to do with the city of New Orleans, which is amazing, but Pelicans are dysfunctional AF and has an owner in Gale that only wants to keep the team to prove people wrong. She doesn't care about the Pelicans man, she owns the damn Saints and NOLA/LA is a football city/region. Pelicans had AD for all these years and how has that worked out? Sell that team to a group from Seattle already.

Ok I gotta reply, cause I'm tired of hearing this rubbish. I'm from New Orleans and currently live in Atlanta. The Pelicans were not as dysfunctional as the media is making it seem. The main issue with the Pelicans during Anthony Davis' career has been the INJURIES. Almost every year there was a major injury or something major happening. We literally lost two years of Jrue Holiday due to his injuries and his wife's life threatening illness. We granted him leave so that he can be there for his wife and kids. Quincy Pondexter was playing great basketball until he had some weird injury that he still hasn't recovered from yet. Eric Gordon was constantly hurt. We got Boogie and started ROLLIN last year, then boom. Achilles. It's like people forgot last year even happened. We finally were able to get through a season relatively healthy, besides Boogie of course.

People want to harp on him not having any help. BS. He definitely had enough talent around him to win, if he could lead. Just take a look at the players we've had in and around the team since he's been here.

Bruh we even had Bryce Dejean-Jones who started balling out and was going to be the guy next to AD, get killed tragically the summer after his rookie year. The owner of the Pellies had been sick, in and out of the hospital. Being rushed to the hospital while at practices. That's why ever since he passed, the organization has been running smoother under Gayle Benson. She hired David Griffin (who everybody respects), they're already expanding their new facilities, they hired the best trainer in the NBA from Phoenix... David Griffin said he had some crazy demands that he needed in order to win and that other teams wouldn't do it for him. He said in his meeting with Gayle, he would ask for it and she would say "Whatever we need to do to bring an NBA championship, I'm willing to do." This ain't the same organization. People gonna see.

I hate the media. Peace tho.

nothing but a sophomore slump

It's more than that. He has flaws in his game that people overlooked.

Dude is talented but just like people are assuming "well he'll be fine next year" they assumed that he'll be a all star/superstar this past season. His handle is funny. Just like other young players he got holes in his game.

For an isolation player like Tatum, his highs will be high & his lows will be really ugly. Especially relying on the mid range.

His 3PT shot seems to be legit so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom