NBA Player X: Refs play favorites (Article)

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by Steve212

I'll bet 20 bucks that Player X is blk.
Nice of you to go out on a limb there...

this made me LOL
anyway, I love these little write ups by Player X...good stuff...anticipating the next one 

i'll throw in brandon roy too. it isn't tyronn lue or some bum, the dude obviously plays alot to know what players are saying and talking to the refs about calls going into halftime and such

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Gilbert Arenas
nerd.gif
There was no mention of a yard or towers so I doubt it was him

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I think it is is Tyrone Lue. I used to think it was Derek Fisher too but I really think it is Tyrone lue.

Tyrone Lue isnt even in the NBA anymore
laugh.gif
i think he's an assistant with the Celts

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

And here I thought all refs call games objectively.

These "Player X" articles are the least informative, news breaking things I've ever read.
We all know these things, but it makes it more interesting getting the inside story from their actual mouths.

I think its a player who has been here a while and knows Joey and all the vet refs good and has a platform to speak his mind...maybe president of the players association....

Originally Posted by Buc Em

why would you say rondo? everything he said was about western conference players and coaches besides d-wade and saying they played charlotte once EARLIER in the year.

my guess is either tyreke evans, aaron brooks, o.j. mayo or kevin love

its not a younger player, id bet on that. I could see Baron saying this

shane-battier.jpg

Or basically anybody who went to Duke and gets decent run
duke.jpg

So I'm guessing Battier,Duhon,Jones, Dunleavy,Redick,Brand or Magette. I doesnt seem like Grant Hill has time for this.

Has anyone tried going through past articles and using the teams and players that he calls out to eliminate which team he could be on?

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Has anyone tried going through past articles and using the teams and players that he calls out to eliminate which team he could be on?

I dont think that'll work, because I dont see it being a problem for someone like DFish, calling out refs for letting Kobe travel or getting calls. But who knows. It does seem like a pg/sg though.

So Player X is the same person every time? I thought it was just a source for whatever the article is about. Either way, I'm thinking a vet and somehow who possibly isn't even still playing but is still around he game. Stackhouse is a dude who never bites his tongue, he would tell you all of this without the anonimity and of course the Wade hate would have merit. Raja Bell, Tyron Lue, Devean George, TMac (?), idk could be anybody.

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Did this dummy say Reke Evens??
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Dude been in the league since Nov...
smh.gif

and where the %$#+ does he mention previous seasons..........dummy.
it's obviously a guard and my opinion is it's a younger guard since he sounds like he's talking about it like he's just seeing it this season and obviously doesn't get all the calls yet

LeBron always gets calls, obviously. Kobe gets fewer than you'd think because he travels all the time.
I stopped reading there. Dude does not even drive to the basket anymore much less travel.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Did this dummy say Reke Evens??
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Dude been in the league since Nov...
smh.gif

and where the %$#+ does he mention previous seasons..........dummy.
it's obviously a guard and my opinion is it's a younger guard since he sounds like he's talking about it like he's just seeing it this season and obviously doesn't get all the calls yet
No way it would be a rook.

Back
Top Bottom