NBA Player X: Refs play favorites (Article)

It's not a rookie, it's a vet. he's wrote about stuff that occurred years ago, such as a maverick that was traded because he was with a teammates girl.

I thought this was an April Fools joke, dude really didn't hold back. It cant be that hard to find out who it is, so if it's not a joke, it's definitely a dude who doesn't care.

it's probably darko 
laugh.gif

Why does it have to be a PG/SG though?

I think its either Jamal Crawford, Rodger Mason Jr. or Amare

Originally Posted by knightngale

LeBron always gets calls, obviously. Kobe gets fewer than you'd think because he travels all the time.
I stopped reading there. Dude does not even drive to the basket anymore much less travel.

You don't have to be driving to the basket to travel. Kobe's footwork is impeccable and second to few, but he does ocassionally get sloppy with it and get away with it because it's smooth and decisive enough it looks legit.

http://www.youtube.com/v/4M-l9BrQado&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/4M-l9BrQado&hl=en_US&fs=1&

LeBron always gets calls, obviously. Kobe gets fewer than you'd think because he travels all the time.
I stopped reading there. Dude does not even drive to the basket anymore much less travel.

You don't have to drive the ball to travel, its all about the post moves when Kobe travels sometimes

Chris Paul gets away with the most talking. There have been times whenI've seen him curse a ref out like, "What the f--- are you looking atyou ---hole?! Learn how to call a f------ game!!" The ref will be like,"My bad, I'll get you next time." What?!! If that had been me I'd havebeen T'd up and thrown out. You can't curse at a ref without getting atechnical or at least a stern warning. Unless you're Chris Paul, whocan say whatever he wants.

I seriously doubt there is any truth to this.

This is an academic study that shows referees show bias towards: home teams, teams trailing, and large markets. 

http://www.oregonlive.com...nba_officating_stud.html

Link to full report: http://papers.ssrn.com/so....cfm?abstract_id=1377964

Jason Terry?  
nerd.gif

Stolen from Real GM Orlando Magic forum.

Here are some other blog entries from this guy:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=999679&start=30#p22894074

Pretty sure it's Jason Terry .

- Talks about Duncan getting thrown out for laughing. Against the Mavs that was.
- Vet, that's been in the league for some years and seems to know most (vet) players
Larry Brown  comment. March 1st - Charlotte - Mavs 28-15 FTA
- Polite guy that always seems rather calm.
- Calls out Kobe (rivals), Wade (finals '06) and Paul (rivals) for getting away with a lot.
- Makes an example about groupies by bringing up Dirk falling for a (criminal) groupie -> good chance he's a Mav
- Writes about players getting traded out of Dallas because of girls
- Writes about the importance to have a go-to guy on your team. (Dirk)
- Then compares LeBron vs. Kobe and brings up some random MVP talk by players about Dirk -> gotta be a Mav
- Writes a lot about the west in general
- Not a Detroit/Philly/Orlando/Utah/Boston player, unless that arena comment is a trap
- Familiar with Allen Iverson, Antoine Walker , Bonzi Wells & Steve Francis
- Writes about the Hawks being notorious for partying before they got Joe Johnson. (former Hawk)
- Writes about (his former Hawk teammate) Antoine Walker who'd go to the clubs a lot.
- Writes about alcohol being bad (pretty sure he doesn't drink booz)
- Writes about a talented former college teammate that didn't make it to the NBA, because of drinking problems (Miles Simon)

Kobe doesnt drive to the basket? what? and you're a lakers "fan"?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Why does it have to be a PG/SG though?

I think its either Jamal Crawford, Rodger Mason Jr. or Amare
I guess most people are assuming its a guard since he notices kobe travel, although any NBA player can really tell if they watch tapes during practices and etc.

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Jason Richardson is my guess

nah its not him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why are we guessing anyway.  its like not we're going to find out who it is anyway.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

You don't have to be driving to the basket to travel. Kobe's footwork is impeccable and second to few, but he does ocassionally get sloppy with it and get away with it because it's smooth and decisive enough it looks legit.

you are nit picking

lebron travels even when he sets up for uncontested jumpers...he routinely takes 5 steps before he takes a 3

kobe gets away with traveling from time to time but it is not even close to lebron's blatant traveling

http://www.youtube.com/wa...om=TL&videos=rVfMZ6qaRWE

the only times he does not take more than 3 steps is when he gets fouled by nene and the buzzer beater in that video
sick.gif

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Jason Terry?  
nerd.gif

Stolen from Real GM Orlando Magic forum.

Here are some other blog entries from this guy:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=999679&start=30#p22894074

Pretty sure it's Jason Terry .

- Talks about Duncan getting thrown out for laughing. Against the Mavs that was.
- Vet, that's been in the league for some years and seems to know most (vet) players
Larry Brown  comment. March 1st - Charlotte - Mavs 28-15 FTA
- Polite guy that always seems rather calm.
- Calls out Kobe (rivals), Wade (finals '06) and Paul (rivals) for getting away with a lot.
- Makes an example about groupies by bringing up Dirk falling for a (criminal) groupie -> good chance he's a Mav
- Writes about players getting traded out of Dallas because of girls
- Writes about the importance to have a go-to guy on your team. (Dirk)
- Then compares LeBron vs. Kobe and brings up some random MVP talk by players about Dirk -> gotta be a Mav
- Writes a lot about the west in general
- Not a Detroit/Philly/Orlando/Utah/Boston player, unless that arena comment is a trap
- Familiar with Allen Iverson, Antoine Walker , Bonzi Wells & Steve Francis
- Writes about the Hawks being notorious for partying before they got Joe Johnson. (former Hawk)
- Writes about (his former Hawk teammate) Antoine Walker who'd go to the clubs a lot.
- Writes about alcohol being bad (pretty sure he doesn't drink booz)
- Writes about a talented former college teammate that didn't make it to the NBA, because of drinking problems (Miles Simon)

good find.

its terry

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

^ where does lebron come in?

Article pointed out Kobe travels alot, not Lebron.
Lebron is mentioned in the same line and I stated that he is the one that travels more. You mad?

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

^ where does lebron come in?

Article pointed out Kobe travels alot, not Lebron.
Lebron is mentioned in the same line and I stated that he is the one that travels more. You mad?
reading this reminds me of my kids when they argue about who played with the barbie last....
smh.gif

but on another note I thought it was carmelo

Back
Top Bottom