[::NBA REFS UNAPPRECIATION - Vol#1. League Gone Soft - Vol#2. Past History Profiling::]

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by baik

like i said in the other thread...its all politics, if that wasnt ron artest but battier that fouled gasol like that we got a normal 2 shot foul...but these refs have an agenda when it comes to artest
2 normal shots? WHATT???? it was a VERY hard foul. if that was not a flagrant foul, then WHAT IS A FLAGRANT FOUL? i agree that it should have been a flagrant 1 and not a flagrant 2.

Pau could have seriously gotten injured on that play.

pau would get seriously injured in virtually any play

he is cotton candy

It's awful. It's a HUGE turnoff to see that happen, especially the unfairness directed at players like Artest who seem to be wearing some kind ofscarlet letter on their uniforms. The bias shown to some players is unbelievable. It's absurd and ruining the game. I don't think Stern and the refsare aware of that. idiots

Stuff like this is EXACTLY why I'm struggling to thoroughly enjoy the NBA at this point...

Officiating is awful. Hard fouls are automatic ejections or suspensions more often than not. Terrible inconsistencies in terms of who to punish and how...

It's bad right now...

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

some of you were lobbying for Kobe to get suspend the other night...

you guys are funny
laugh.gif
QFT

that was a really bad call
it was just a foul
rondo's 2 fouls were way worse than what artest did

People gonna cry a river nowadays, refs been and always will suck...

LAKERS win is a win...no such thing as a tainted win..

Stern is the puppeteer.

The NBA becomes more and more of a controlled product (yes, product) each year.

At least the WWE is up front with what they're about.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Stern is the puppeteer.

yehh paul pierce shouldnt never get all those calls
wink.gif

rondo suspension anyone?
tongue.gif

everybody in this thread would be ready to get up and fight if they got fouled like that, especially by 3 dudes at the end of a pretty well decided game. Noneof the 3 even pretended to make a play of the ball

^ None of the three even pretended to make a play on the ball? Answer me this, then: How is it possible that Ron didn't even pretend to make a play on theball... yet he managed to cleanly block the ball before sending Gasol to the deck by giving him a BODY foul? Yeah, he fouled Gasol, but it was from the body tobody contact in the air. The foul was NOT called for the attempt to block the shot, because he did block the shot, right out of Gasol's hands.

But he... and the other two... didn't even pretend to make a play on the ball?

Interesting.
laugh.gif

And inaccurate.

Stern is the puppeteer.

stern did a great job marketing the league and expanding it overseas (but i feel mj sort of played a major pt
wink.gif
)
however, the product isnt as good, but i guess if enough people buy it, then its all good for $tern

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by early90s

The NBA is fixed

yehhp...rondo not getting suspended yehh you called it bud!
eyes.gif
Just because I'm a C's fan doesn't mean Iwon't call a spade a spade. You guys however find every way possible to defend your savior.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Stern is the puppeteer.

yehh paul pierce shouldnt never get all those calls
wink.gif

rondo suspension anyone?
tongue.gif

Says a fan of a team with a certain player who wears #24.
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I'm at the point where I simply can't take the league seriously, for the good or the bad.

I just try to enjoy what's left of the NBA: some good teams, some great players, some great plays.

stern did a great job marketing the league and expanding it overseas (but i feel mj sort of played a major pt
wink.gif
)
however, the product isnt as good, but i guess if enough people buy it, then its all good for $tern

I still believe the jury will forever be out on Stern's actual contribution. He became commissioner right when a wave of some of the best players inhistory came into the league. I believe those players, led by MJ, largely deserve the credit for marketing the league.

After the Bulls' run was up in 98, and after Jordan's subsequent retirement, a colossal void was left and Stern knew the league was vulnerable topeople's possible disinterest. That's when the marketing got played up even more, that's when the seeds of tightened rules and officiating tookroot.

And each year, just when I think the refs can't possibly destroy games any more than they have, they always pull through and prove me wrong.
It's Stern's fault. He gives the orders and people fall in line.

A question I've batted about is if the players have ever been told or encouraged to play a certain way. That's a very difficult idea to consider andthere are many variables that can work against predetermined results. But the league has gotten so bad, it feels like scenarios I formerly would've deemedimpossible don't seem much of a stretch for this "NBA".

I know our win isnt tained, we beat them...that play didnt change anything, however i meant to some nba fans (mostly stupid ones) they are gonna cry about itand act like the lakers are getting help from the refs to get to the finals...when any legit fan knows thats not the truth at all you kno?

The inconsistencies and blatant prejudice by the refs in these playoffs is down right embarassing and atrocious.....

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I know our win isnt tained, we beat them...that play didnt change anything, however i meant to some nba fans (mostly stupid ones) they are gonna cry about it and act like the lakers are getting help from the refs to get to the finals...when any legit fan knows thats not the truth at all you kno?

real talk, lakers are clearly the better team.

but at times the nba protect its star players/teams like lbj, kobe, dwade (been like that for mike and everyone else). if your team doesnt have a star player,it may seem that you are always getting screwed.

fans get tired everytime a guy like wade marches to the ft line when he barely gets touched, lbj getting away with traveling, kobe getting away with fouls,rondo chopping dudes heads off, etc... and watch as their player dont get the same calls.

too much inconsistency, which leads to people think favoritism. i take the nba for what it is, entertainment. is it a fair game? who knows...

Back
Top Bottom