[::NBA REFS UNAPPRECIATION - Vol#1. League Gone Soft - Vol#2. Past History Profiling::]

these flagrants are getting out of hand. but when a player on offense jumps INTO another one should be an offensive foul. The league has got to change thatrule. That play could have led to a big houston run

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I know our win isnt tained, we beat them...that play didnt change anything, however i meant to some nba fans (mostly stupid ones) they are gonna cry about it and act like the lakers are getting help from the refs to get to the finals...when any legit fan knows thats not the truth at all you kno?
So as a Lakers fan, are you really denying the fact that your team doesn't get favorable calls?

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I know our win isnt tained, we beat them...that play didnt change anything, however i meant to some nba fans (mostly stupid ones) they are gonna cry about it and act like the lakers are getting help from the refs to get to the finals...when any legit fan knows thats not the truth at all you kno?

real talk, lakers are clearly the better team.

but at times the nba protect its star players/teams like lbj, kobe, dwade (been like that for mike and everyone else). if your team doesnt have a star player, it may seem that you are always getting screwed.

fans get tired everytime a guy like wade marches to the ft line when he barely gets touched, lbj getting away with traveling, kobe getting away with fouls, rondo chopping dudes heads off, etc... and watch as their player dont get the same calls.

too much inconsistency, which leads to people think favoritism. i take the nba for what it is, entertainment. is it a fair game? who knows...
QFT

The refs don't play with their usual crews come playoffs. During the regular season they have 3 man teams that work together. In the playoffs the"most experienced" ones are thrown together like an all-star team and are expected to know what they need to watch.

First, I don't think offensive fouls should be part of the game. It's a !@!%!$$ ridiculous game when a learned skill of the game is how to get in frontof people, grab your balls--actually, no balls here in the NBA--grab your nipples, and time your fall with the oncoming player's contact. How is thatbasketball?

Then you have a policy of zero tolerance for any hard contact, and the only way to play now is to totem pole in front of players and flop. If you go for theball, you'll get a flagrant 2 like Artest. Lame.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

First, I don't think offensive fouls should be part of the game. It's a !@!%!$$ ridiculous game when a learned skill of the game is how to get in front of people, grab your balls--actually, no balls here in the NBA--grab your nipples, and time your fall with the oncoming player's contact. How is that basketball?

Then you have a policy of zero tolerance for any hard contact, and the only way to play now is to totem pole in front of players and flop. If you go for the ball, you'll get a flagrant 2 like Artest. Lame.
but waqtch the replay in slow mo, you'll see after he realizes he cant reach the ball, he pushes off with both hands. plus you know theleague will downgrade it to a flagrant 1.

i guarentee if that was the 2nd quarter, it would have NOT been an ejection

Are there bad teams winning every year?

Big market teams winning every year?

Teams with bad players winning?

Does the cream not rise to the top regardless of the treatment they get from the ref's?

It's impossible to return this game to what it was in the past regardless of how skilled the players get. The athleticism has changed and so has thesophistication of the game.

I agree that the refereeing is poor, but they're managers of the game now. That's not the way it should be, but they can't have it any other way.It's no different than the NFL's protection of its quarterbacks. Had they not taken steps to protect their quarterbacks, it would be a league filledwith mediocre back-ups.

I don't want to see Vujacic playing shooting guard for the Lakers in the fourth quarter of Game 7 of the Finals anymore than I want to see Jared Lorenzenquarterbacking the Giants on their Super Bowl winning drive.

The problem I have with the refereeing is the mistakes involving decisions like having Joey Crawford referee any playoff games or Chicago nativesrefereeing any Bulls games. These guys could have been perfect, but we wouldn't believe it.

First, I don't think offensive fouls should be part of the game. It's a !@!%!$$ ridiculous game when a learned skill of the game is how to get in front of people, grab your balls--actually, no balls here in the NBA--grab your nipples, and time your fall with the oncoming player's contact. How is that basketball?

I completely forgot about this. The rules! Offensive fouls shouldn't be removed, but the NBA needs to change how they call them. These bigs standing aroundthe circle like bowling pins waiting for the slightest touch to be bowled over shouldln't be bailed out. There's clearly a difference between runningsomeone over and barely bumping them after releasing a floater over their head.

The NBA may also want to consider penalizing players that are caught flopping when the NBA is reviewing the game. A certain amount of flops could earn a playera warning and then a suspension. I just don't think the ref's can catch every flop during the game.

Still, the game is hard to referee and the players don't make it any easier. I'm happy with the NBA anyway, but I'd be a lot happier if they getthe big stuff right and change the rules to better reflect fairness (and contract a handful of teams).

If your kobe,LBJ, and flash foul

you are god in the nba.

Isn't that why they're the best players though? They're the best at putting pressure on defenses. They're among the best offensive players inthe NBA.

On top of that, it's not like every foul is being called. These guys are fouled a lot more than what defenders get whistled for. They just getmore free throws because they put defenders in a position to foul more than other players.

I don't expect a back up to shoot as many free throws as Wade if the back up isn't taking as many shots or getting to the lane as quickly as Wade does.

Had they suspended Rajon Rondo for hinrich, or at least gave him a flagrant during the game for miller, the Celtics would be eliminated by now.

Originally Posted by early90s

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by early90s

The NBA is fixed

yehhp...rondo not getting suspended yehh you called it bud!
eyes.gif
Just because I'm a C's fan doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade. You guys however find every way possible to defend your savior.
ive never talked about jesus in this thread bud

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Stern is the puppeteer.

The NBA becomes more and more of a controlled product (yes, product) each year.

At least the WWE is up front with what they're about.
yehh paul pierce shouldnt never get all those calls
wink.gif

rondo suspension anyone?
tongue.gif

Says a fan of a team with a certain player who wears #24.
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I'm at the point where I simply can't take the league seriously, for the good or the bad.

I just try to enjoy what's left of the NBA: some good teams, some great players, some great plays.

says a fan of a team with a certain player who wears #34, #9 #20, #5, #50 #44
laugh.gif
and so on
tongue.gif

every year there's something fishy about the nba, its crazy how rondo didn't even get fined for that foul on brad miller, after admitting that hewanted to give him a hard foul. Kenyon got fined, dwight got suspended, alston got suspended, fisher got suspended, kobe got the flagrant, and rondo didn'teven get anything. I don't have a problem with the celtics, but damn I don't remember miami getting that treatment the season after they won thefinals.

If anything blame Adelman, dude basically dragged on the last 1min and half with intentional fouls when the deficit was double degit. Nearly took 20 mins.

Regarding the foul, at most a flagrant cus the hard fall, Artest was behind pau before take off. And body contact was most of it. Nonetheless, it was good wayto stop Adelman from extending the game and get the Lakers not to retaliate.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

what does contracting a team mean? i heard that phrase on PTI as well.
Decreasing the number of teams in a league.

honestly, the one thing people are complete missing about this Artest F2 tonight is that Battier should have been given an intentional foul because he had hisarms wrapped around Gasol's waist from behind. Ron actually made a play on the ball and blocked him. Then he fell, and Ron got screwed. There is no way theNBA can let this stand as an F2.

When Artest got ejected, I was definitely heated. Just because of his past, they feel the need to eject him
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

What's your guys' opinions on Kendrick Perkins' elbow towards Mickael Pietrus' throat earlier?
It didn't appear as "natural basketball movement" to me at all.

He was assessed a flagrant 1 but to me, his foul was worse than Fisher's foul in game 2 and Ron's foul in game 3.

I don't think Fisher and Artest deserved the penalties that they received; those were just hard fouls.

^^people forget Daron Williams came out of nowhere and decked Bynum for no reason (same as Fisher without guarding any1) and all he got was a foul.

Back
Top Bottom