NBA Regular Season Unappreciation...

I've went through baseball, a faltering Eagles team and plenty of other things since last June. I'm down to watch as much basketball for as long as I can.

81 games - Just fine

playoff series should be 5 though.

Homecourt is more important in bball then any other sport! You must not have watched the Warriors-Mavs series last year.

I like the 16 team playoff. I know that some say that the lower seeds do not belong in the playoffs and some years that can be the case. However, the format is good because it means that if you get a very good record you play a team that can be dispatched more quickly and you get rest. Plus you get the added excitement of those teams that hovered around .500 knocking off a heavy favorite.

I do wish that it were once again a best of five in round one because it increases the chances for under dogs and it allows the true mismatches to end quickly and mercifully.

As far as the regular season is concerned, I would prefer it begin a bit later in the year and be 62 games or so. That way you still get a lot of hoops but each game is more significant. Playing 20 less game would means that teams would have an incentive to be sharper because every game means more and because you would not have crappy, slow games played by a team that is playing it's fourth game in five nights and just wants to get home.

There are some things that make an 82 game season better than a shorter season though. It allows for a very balanced schedule within a conference so no one can complain about getting a really tough schedule. It make tickets to games more ubiquitous and therefore cheaper. It also insures that every team will visit every city every year.

Team Economics​
Positive Externalities Since 2005​
Official Roster: Rexanglorum, KingLouisXIV, vkhoj, SunDOOBIE, geeduptrickyG, dmxfury​
AIM: Roy Anglais

Quote:
Homecourt is more important in bball then any other sport! You must not have watched the Warriors-Mavs series last year.
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
I do wish that it were once again a best of five in round one because it increases the chances for under dogs and it allows the true mismatches to end quickly and mercifully.

Isn't the argument usually that 5 game series give more of a chance for an upset, and that in 7 games the better team will almost always prevail? That's the way I've always heard it.

Quote:
There are some things that make an 82 game season better than a shorter season though. It allows for a very balanced schedule within a conference so no one can complain about getting a really tough schedule. It make tickets to games more ubiquitous and therefore cheaper. It also insures that every team will visit every city every year.
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Back
Top Bottom