NBA Regular Season Unappreciation...

There's like 95 percent of the first page here taken up by game threads..
:x
sick.gif
ed on the length of the playoffs... it'll be almost July until they wrap up.

I say it every once and awhile, but nobody seems to pick up on it, so i'll try one more time to convince you guys..

They either need to shorten the season, or eliminate some playoff spots... A long season is used to determine the elite of the elite, so why let so many mediocre teams in the playoffs? If you finish 1st or 2nd in the conference after 6 months of regular season games, you shouldn't have to prove you're better AGAIN vs teams 5, 6, 7, and 8.. you've proved it for 6 months, and to make us sit through it again is insulting and an obvious attempt to gouge us as fans.

It's also a slap in the face to the best teams in the league, and encourages them to not even try once they have secured their playoff spots because seeding is essentially meaningless (homecourt in the NBA is a joke compared to other sports and leagues).

If they were to goto shortening the season, things would make much more sense.. allowing 8 teams from each conference could be seen as necessary since you only play, say... 60 games a season. You would have some separation, but not the way you do now with the best teams in the league, and it would still give you the same playoff experience, but the end of the regular season would be MUCH more interesting in this model also, similar to the way baseball's pennant races go.

Anyways - i'm just venting, figured it was a good time to speak on this issue since we're all in NBA mode this week..
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

well, how else do you expect them to make the money to pay the salaries?

and everyone knows basketball is the only sport that really matters.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

people whining already?

some people on NT never stop.

the season JUST started.

if you're not excited for it then dont participate.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Seriously. The NBA sucks enough, even in the post season, but to have a worthless, drawn out regular season, only to end in half of the teams making the playoffs is so @#%$ annoying. Being on this NBA dominated board just makes it that much worse...
SuraEsco: HATE

Quote:
Being on this NBA dominated board just makes it that much worse...
:lol:
laugh.gif

Let's talk college hoops this much fellas... NBA is laaaaaame until about June 1st.

Quote:
people whining already?

some people on NT never stop.

the season JUST started.

if you're not excited for it then dont participate.
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Haters, :lol:
laugh.gif

If you don't like it, don't come here..?

Regular season is 6 months long, MLB is 7, not only that, but MLB games have twice as many.

THIS IS A BASKETBALL FORUM, IT'S A FORUM ABOUT BASKETBALL SHOES. :lol:
laugh.gif

If you don't like it, then why come..?

The MLB season really needs to play 160 games? Talk about shortening NBA, jeez the MLB season is twice as long.. :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

I see waves of NTers comin' to disagree with the unappreciation. :lol:
laugh.gif

It's the first week of the NBA, they get excited about watching hoops again. After a few weeks, it'll be quieter, somewhat. :lol:
laugh.gif
Zero Tolerance

Agreed, its going to be another loooooooooong year..

But this is nothing really new I guess. Im as big a basketball fan as there is and have played the game for years....but regular season NBA games often times are the most boring, "I'm just gonna show up and collect my paycheck today" events in all of sport. I've litterally fallen asleep watching games in person..... But that's just me and Im older now.

They'll be 2-3 dunks that will entertain the kids each contest Im sure.

All pro sport seasons are too long. Its the business, we just deal with it. The NBA playoffs are the probably the biggest joke of all time though, they last 2 full months if the Finals goes 7 games.
You're the Kind of Girl a Guy Like Me​
Could Hypnotize​

Quote:
But this is nothing really new I guess. Im as big a basketball fan as there is and have played the game for years....but regular season NBA games often times are the most boring, "I'm just gonna show up and collect my paycheck today" events in all of sport. I've litterally fallen asleep watching games in person.....
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

I agree with there being too many Gamethreads on the first page...but It'll will be normal in a few weeks...
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

Quote:
I miss baseball already :frown:
frown.gif
4oq0o7n.gif%20
4oq0o7n.gif%20
4oq0o7n.gif%20
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

Quote:
I dont' see how you can say taht about Basketball and not say the same thing about Baseball. How is basketball more boring than baseball? Hit the ball, catch it, run after it, throw the ball, that's about it. Not to mention the games take a lot longer than an NBA game does, and if it goes into overtime, it's much more exciting/dramatic.
You're the Kind of Girl a Guy Like Me
Could Hypnotize​

craftsy usually presents extremist views....but i do agree with him on one thing the playoffs.

THE SEASON CAN NEVER BE SHORTENED... it ruins everything .. statistics, strategy, conditioning.. soo many things

BUT... this is where hes right: the nba has one of the worst playoff systems of any sport...People only really are hyped for the first round then @#%$ dies down right after that
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

I just think the Playoffs are so long to prevent flukes, I wish that MLB would have another round, it seems like damn near no one makes the post-season in MLB.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs​

I don't agree with you, but I do agree that there are too many NBA threads come regular season. I still think those season threads would make it easier because there won't be random game threads poppin all over the place.
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring UCSD a football team.​

Quote:
I just think the Playoffs are so long to prevent flukes,

If you're good, you win. Simple as that.

THE NBA PLAYOFFS SHOULD NOT BE 2 MONTHS LONG!!!

THE FIRST ROUND SHOULD NOT BE BEST OF 7!!!

Quote:
Regular season is 6 months long, MLB is 7, not only that, but MLB games have twice as many.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

Back
Top Bottom