NBA rescinds Howard's sixth technical foul of Playoffs

Originally Posted by Ryanbbn1

i got a huge problem with this. i agree it wasnt a tech. but the tech free throw was made and the game went to OT.

what happens if the cavs win by one in regulation and that technical is rescinded? and that tech caused ewing to react and get a tech. horrible things couldve happen because of this awful officiating.
They probably don't rescind it to save face IMO.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

do they take back the FTs? or fine the refs?? where is the accountability on there end?
QFT...rescinding schminding...that still doesnt give back the points and such...and if you criticized the refs you get fined even if you'reright (word to felipe jackson)

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

pimp.gif
....[stern] la vs orl won't be too bad [/stern]
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It was the right call to take the tech away

game 2 should have been a T on mo throwing the ball at d12. That game was decided by one point!

By rescinding the tech, the NBA is sending mixed messages. They said they would crack down on people going overboard with emotions and such, which has resultedin far too many quick techs being handed out. Now that we're in the playoffs and these techs matter, they are rescinding them.

I think the 7 techs rule needs to go - it wouldn't have been rescinded if this rule didn't exist. Also, officials need find a median between the techcalls now, and say 2004 when it was still quite lenient.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

I think Howard will get that 6th and 7th technical in the next game. So he won't play in game 6, easy win for the Cavs. All part of Stern's plan.

QFT except I see him gettin 1 next game ( Cavs win) then 1 in game 6 ( Cavs win) setting up a Howard- less Magic to lose in Cleveland in game 7
laugh.gif

Hope I'm wrong tho
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

game 2 should have been a T on mo throwing the ball at d12. That game was decided by one point!

exactly ... refs as close as these game have been ... the refs aren't using sound judgement

Redemption for the non-tech call in game 3 against Maurice Williams.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

By rescinding the tech, the NBA is sending mixed messages. They said they would crack down on people going overboard with emotions and such, which has resulted in far too many quick techs being handed out. Now that we're in the playoffs and these techs matter, they are rescinding them.

I think the 7 techs rule needs to go - it wouldn't have been rescinded if this rule didn't exist. Also, officials need find a median between the tech calls now, and say 2004 when it was still quite lenient.
Truth.

It's sad when the refs are so incompetent that several of their technicals and flagrants are rescinded after the fact.

Stern and Stu meeting:

Stu: What the hell was Bennett thinking there with that flagrant 2?
$tern: I have no idea. I told him the home team would cover and there was no need for 2 more free throws.
Stu: Rescind it?
$tern: Let's do it.

Dey should of kept it da way it iz...
grin.gif
I want cleveland in dafinals.
smokin.gif
I hope kobe picks up 2 T.fouls tonite & gets asuspension...
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif

nba needs to be more physical during the playoffs....better entertainment. Just like the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom