NBA Top Shot - Contender For 2021 Fleece of The Year

Got into this last week got the cool cats pack for 14$ the John wall from that pack is going for 770$ Lol market is wild

It’s literally free money

need to get a pack, not even tryna sell just sit and hold

You can't cash out your dapper account right now, only the first 5k people who joined currently have access to withdraw. They are slowly adding more accounts to be able to withdraw. You can apply in your dapper account to be put on the waiting list which right now is over 30 days time for approval (will probably be more than that).

“And if Bitcoin drops from $300 to $0?”

That was me ten years ago being skeptical when my brother still wanted us to invest. I was in when it was $10, but it exploded to $300 and I figured it would fail soon after. I’m not making that mistake again. What is it at now, like $60K each Bitcoin?

Read up on the company Dapper Labs and the idea (NFTs) and understand WHY this is working. None of this surprises me, except how fast it’s happening. I thought this would happen over the course of months, but it’s happening in days/weeks. Only when you truly understand and believe in it will you be able to fully maximize this amazing opportunity. I invested in a rare pack. I could have sold my cards for DOUBLE that same day. Two weeks later and they’re worth about 7x my initial investment, instead of just 2x. I’m still not selling. The user base grew from a couple thousand to about 20K when I started. Now it’s 80K or so. Get in NOW. When the user base passes a million, you’ll be happy you joined now / early. The upcoming $9 pack will have cards numbered to 25K. That’s a lot relative to 80K potential buyers, so prices will start low. If we hit a million users, suddenly 25K seems pretty limited. We saw it happen with the last set of cards. Stars sat for $3-40. Zion was $28-40! Today he’s $750. It will keep happening until supply catches up to demand.

NT fam, 1 decent pack can start you off to the path of a life changing investment. My bro started with a $14 pack and today his cards are worth $2,500.If he plays it right, he can be at over $10K in the next 4-6 weeks, without putting any more of his own money.

I want as many regular working class people like myself to take advantage and level up in life. But I can’t keep giving these speeches. I stopped following sneaker accounts. Sold all my risky stocks to put into mutual funds. And I’m not visiting NT much anymore. Next 6 weeks I’m focusing solely on this. That’s how much I believe in it.

I like the concept. My only concern as of right now has more to do with the supply of packs and moments causing inflation to bench and fringe players because superstars and AS's are out of reach. For TS to be successful it has to keep growing it's user base. It also has to have accessible entry points to Superstars (LBJ, Curry, KD, Harden, Giannis, Luka etc). If someone tried to open an account and start collecting today.

1. They can't buy a pack.
2. Most likely can't purchase their favorite player at a price they're comfortable with.

I just think the supply being so low is driving up the prices of players who aren't nearly worth what the going rate is right now for them right now. You don' want to flood the market and devalue the moments but who wants to spend $50 for a Jackson Hayes moment? I like it and I definitely wish I got in a month ago when I was debating it just interested to see how they manage this influx of users without crashing the market.

Depends how early you get in. Me and 7 people I know bought a $14 pack a little over a week ago. I told them not to sell anything. That first day everyone had cards worth $200+ because ever pack contained one special "Cool Cats" moment that went for $120+ right after the release.

Today, everyone’s cards from that one $14 pack are worth over $1K. The special card alone is minimum $500. People that joined AFTER the pack and want the special cards just keep buying and making the prices skyrocket. If you collect those 5 special cards and 5 other regular cards before the deadline (next Monday), you get a free Anthony Davis moment. The demand for these cards have been absolutely insane. I thought I could catch them at under $100, and kept waiting for them to dip. They just kept going up. They're currently all between 500-900. So nuts.

It was extremely lucky timing for my friends because soon a couple days after they bought their first pack, the company “retired” all the regular cards, meaning they won’t mint any more. Prices exploded! $10 Anthony Davis is about $160 right now. (update: 300). My buddy who got greedy and sold his Zion for $40 the first day, is crying because it’s worth $450 now. It’s NUTS.

In two weeks they should drop another $14 “Cool Cats” pack. Probably on Monday March 8th. Be ready. All packs won’t have cards worth $1000, but the guaranteed special card if you hold it for a week should go for $300+ easy.

The important thing is getting that first pack to get the ball rolling. $14 is an easy $500, and from there you can go after the more expensive future pack or buy individual cards.

Right now it’s NUTS. I can’t even explain it. I looked at my account before I went to bed, I woke up and it jumped about 15%. By the time I go to bed tonight it’ll be up around 60% from just last night. It is just insane (but also makes sense - demand is way way way way way outpacing supply RIGHT NOW).
I guess my question should have been. Can a $9 pack yield something rare? This is not like real sports cards at all if everyone doesn't have an equal chance at everything. They mention common moments but the appeal of taking a gamble is that what if. I realize you said $14 common packs have moments selling for hundreds. Is your only shot at big moments in the rarer more expensive packs?

Are there any losers in this? Are some getting absolute dud packs?

I guess ride the wave. The withdrawal limitations and costs are odd to me. None of this sounds legit until there's some real money being exchanged

Last edited:
At it's current state you can't lose on any pack at $9 if you buy it directly from the site. The cheapest moment's have asks of $25. It's even people selling packs on ebay for $1.5k. The demand is probably 100x the supply right now.

The eBay angle is interesting. Many are sending their moments as gifts after someone buys on eBay or Craigslist.

You guys aren’t reading my posts. Go back and read. From those $9 packs we pulled stars that were worth $3-40 at the time. Common cards; not rare. But the insane demand has made them “rare.” $3 CP3 is worth $100 now. $10 Anthony Davis is $350 now. $40 Zion is $750 now. I’m not exaggerating, these are cards me and my brothers/friends own and kept so I followed closey.

Top Shot defines “rare” as 1000 or less circulation. Those are only in expensive packs. But in a common pack you can pull a superstar that might only be worth $20+ the first day. HOLD IT. You’ll regret selling anything. I got rid of six my $1-$2 cards. They’re worth $10-30 now. Luckily I kept my best ones so I don’t care, but for people starting out it could be all the difference in the world.

In common packs you can pull “Limited Edition” cards. They’re like regular ones but capped at a lower circulation. Rookies might be 4K or 10K instead of regular cards that are 25K. So Top Shot doesn’t consider them “rare,” but those are so hot. Probably will start at $100-200 for the best ones (Quickley; Tillman) but can grow to $400+ in a couple weeks.

I understand all of that. My question is what is going to happen once TopShot ups the pack supply? People who have the moments of the superstars you mentioned will probably be good. I just feel like people jumping in now buying up these Common Moments of bench players are going to get left holding the bag.

Thanks lucky. That's more along of what I was asking.

Just wondering what dapper and the NBA get out of this other than the initial pack costs, and slight withdrawal fees? Are they feasting like some users? They'll want their cut eventually

I just find it odd that a few users have quite a few cards and moments (not bought in the marketplace either). Are bots involved with the queue? How are some considerably more lucky than others?

...and if the bottom falls out while you're waiting a month for an approved withdrawal?

nothing about this makes real-world sense.

From what I can gather, you can sell the moments and would just be restricted from cashing out to your bank. So you wouldnt necessarily be exposed to falling prices. Unless they are just spending the cash they are holding in peoples accounts then I wouldn't think there would be an issue with cashing out. But what do I know.

Lucky13s Lucky13s you put it pretty well: "We're at the end of the beginning." Depending on what type of collector you are, there's still decent moments to be had for realistic prices if you comb through the market place. I'm already thinking about the next Rookie class TBH.

So what’s it like on release day as far as copping a pack?
It use to be easy, now a release of 25,000 pack yields a queue of over 60,000 prospective buyers.

I get alerts as soon as a pack is released from a group I'm in. I think solelinks on twitter is thiking about adding alerts.

It use to be easy, now a release of 25,000 pack yields a queue of over 60,000 prospective buyers.

I get alerts as soon as a pack is released from a group I'm in. I think solelinks on twitter is thiking about adding alerts.

All the sneaker groups adding topshot channels. That 60k gonna be 120k next drop lol

All the sneaker groups adding topshot channels. That 60k gonna be 120k next drop lol

lol for real, my group was in early and they're going ham on it right now
image0.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom