NBA Western Conference Playoffs - Nuggets vs. Jazz (Jazz Lead 3-2) Game 6 -ESPN- 10:30pm FRIDAY

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Utah forward Mehmet Okur has torn Achilles’[/h1]

DENVER (AP)—Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor says center Mehmet Okur(notes)has a torn left Achilles’ tendon and is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

Okur needs surgery and will likely miss the world championships this summerin his native Turkey. He flew home to Salt Lake City on Sunday after an MRIrevealed the tear.

Okur was injured while driving to the basket in the first half of Utah’sGame 1 loss at Denver on Saturday night. Before the game, he had taken apainkilling shot to treat his Achilles’ tendinitis, which he had been dealingwith since April 7.

O’Connor said he doesn’t believe the injection had anything to do with Okurtearing the tendon. Okur’s right leg slipped as he was driving, shifting all hisweight to his left leg, which twisted awkwardly as he fell to the floor.

Originally Posted by Executive76

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Utah forward Mehmet Okur has torn
Achilles’[/h1]

DENVER (AP)—Utah
Jazz
general manager Kevin O’Connor says center Mehmet
Okur
(notes)
has a torn left Achilles’ tendon and is out for the remainder of the
playoffs.

Okur needs surgery and will likely miss the world championships this
summer
in his native Turkey. He flew home to Salt Lake City on Sunday after an
MRI
revealed the tear.

Okur was injured while driving to the basket in the
first half of Utah’s
Game 1 loss at Denver on Saturday night. Before the game, he had taken a
painkilling shot to treat his Achilles’ tendinitis, which he had been
dealing
with since April 7.

O’Connor said he doesn’t believe the injection had anything to do
with Okur
tearing the tendon. Okur’s right leg slipped as he was driving, shifting
all his
weight to his left leg, which twisted awkwardly as he fell to the floor.

eek.gif
that changes everything.... these injuries have stacked up against the Jazz... damn you really do hope to see both teams healthy u know... wish him a speedy recovery. That can effect him his entire career.

april 14??? wheres doc and the time machine when u need him???

and i was like #%%? when i saw that melo utah commercial

Nice i got to see them run, nuggets up one. Liked how Ty Lawson got to run 3rd and 4th quarter to show what he is capable of doing. So yes, show his ability.what do you guys think about that?

3663598a4f216648c510b3ccc3f259f6b76e39f.pjpg

then again some more payroll. But think they can take it and knock out Utah Jazz if its on fans.

You knew Fesenko was gonna get %@@@ on at some point tonight. I figured it might take a little longer tho...

*DEAD* @ "foreign facial", tho...
laugh.gif

deron williams is killing it, like always....
pimp.gif

i thought he was going to be out for good, when he went down....
tired.gif

this series is going to 7 games,
i think both team will win at home....
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom