NBC BACK??? NBC'S "THE BLACKLIST" kills cbs's "hostages"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...new-hostages-ratings-battle-article-1.1466290

NBC’s ‘The Blacklist’ premiere beats CBS’ new ‘Hostages’ in ratings battle

nup-155716-1034-jpg.jpg

NBC and CBS both premiered new action mystery suspense thrillers Monday night at 10, and an amazing thing happened: NBC won big. NBC's "The Blacklist," which stars James Spader, drew 12.6 million viewers to 7.5 million for "Hostages," a CBS drama starring Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott. NBC also drew twice the share of younger viewers. CBS has dominated prime time for years, particularly with dramas. NBC is looking for some new hits to anchor a revival.

Given the premise of The Blacklist and current events--I'm not surprised. Not a fan of James Spader for whatever reason.

Caught Hostages because something else went off and I didn't change the channel. I don't see how that show is going to last for a couple of seasons.
It's going to take a stretch of the imagination. Realistically, it should've ended on the pilot when she didn't do what was asked of her. :lol:

I watched a little of it last night flipping between MNF and it, Hostages wasn't interesting at all but the Blacklist was :pimp:. I'll try to catch as much as I can but being on the same time as MNF won't make it easy

Given the premise of The Blacklist and current events--I'm not surprised. Not a fan of James Spader for whatever reason.

Caught Hostages because something else went off and I didn't change the channel. I don't see how that show is going to last for a couple of seasons.
It's going to take a stretch of the imagination. Realistically, it should've ended on the pilot when she didn't do what was asked of her. :lol:

Could have sworn I heard that Hostages is a '15 episode thriller', meaning it's a mini-series.

I could be wrong though.

I don't know a single person who watches cbs programming other than Football and basketball. I don't understand their ratings dominance.

I watched a little of it last night flipping between MNF and it, Hostages wasn't interesting at all but the Blacklist was :pimp:. I'll try to catch as much as I can but being on the same time as MNF won't make it easy

Blacklist was dope :pimp:

Will watch it every Tuesday on my computer to avoid all commercials.

First episode was great!! :pimp:

What the hell is "Hostages"? :lol:

Seriously doe, that "Blacklist" ad campaign :wow:

This is a really good show. I really think Redding is her dad or sent by her dad.  Why in the world do they have that cheap wig on her?  ( at least it looks like a cheap wig I could be wrong might be her hair)

I like Black List  a lot more than Hostages.  That family should of been dead on the 2nd show.  How can she continue show after show not kill the prez?  It will not last.  Now Black List I hope does.   NBC is known for 1 season series . Only one still on is Law N Order for years most only one season then on to the next one.

I don't know a single person who watches cbs programming other than Football and basketball. I don't understand their ratings dominance.
I watch person of interest, big bang theory, and elementary.

I watched 2 episodes of hostages and its not great but I read that they only have a 15 episode season so I might stick w/ it to see how it plays out.

Blacklist is better but if spader turns out to be her father i will never watch it again, I am curious to see where they are going w/ her husband's storyline.

BTW the best new fall show is Sleepy hollow

This shouldn't be a surprise. The Blacklist is just that much better. On it's own it isn't that great but right now it fills a need @ 10pm on Mondays. Don't see a series thread for the show so for ppl watching I'll kinda point out that it's clear to all of you that Reddington is Elizabeth's father right

Hostages premise just isn't that interesting and won't last. Plus the female lead is ugly. If this was a show about a former hostage negotiator being blackmailed to hold ppl hostage so his wife could be cured or better yet they're holding his wife hostage to make him hold ppl hostage that'd be interesting. Then you could go the whole 24 route with a secret gov't and how the main guy gets out of it and gets the ppl that blackmailed him.
i would rather watch james spader than more serious looking ross from friends
:rofl: I SEE IT
I seriously don't get it either. I'd say for the longest time in my life I never ever turned it to CBS unless it was for football or some other sport. I really just don't get it. At first I thought when they said they were the leader in network tv it was just propaganda, saying something so ppl believe it. It's only been the past few years I've caught some of their shows that interest me and overall I still don't get it.

Big Bang is whack (I don't get how it wins awards or is considered funny. How I Met Your Mother is funnier), 2 1/2 men was always whack, NCIS, and them other lame cop shows. Boggles my mind.

The best they've got is Elementary and Person of Interest right now. I also watch Blue Bloods.

Last edited:
Ask some 40-60 year olds what they watch and chances are it will be a CBS show :lol:

CBS will dominate with the older crowd thanks to their procedural dramas. CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, then shows like Blue Bloods, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, etc. For the most part, they're reliable shows that the audience knows what to expect and what they'll get, perfect for the older audiences.

NBC is a long way from back... their Thursday night comedy is still getting slaughtered.

CBS is definitely for old folks

Maybe I should start DVRing Blacklist. But I really don't even watch non-sports tv like that

I kinda don't want them making Red as her father... seems too "expected"... I hope they write in a few more twists to that part of the storyline.

But yeah, interested to see how the "husband" storyline pans out, what that gun was used for and apple-eating-man. 

WITH the old theme...

Wouldn't hurt to get a variant/updated Marv Albert either...

God man... I remember telling my mom I wanted to go early to the 9AM church service so I could get back and watch Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell and the rest of the Knicks. That song is so nostalgic.

thread resurrection on account of season two season premier airing today.
James Spader makes this show :pimp:
also Megan Boone has me weak :wow:

Back
Top Bottom