NE Portland UNappreciation

My post is gonna seem like I'm passing mass judgement but I'm not. Just on some of the people in this neighborhood. But dude, WTH is wrong with some of the people here? I don't think there can ever be a day where some bummy @#%$ ninja asks for a bite of my food or asks me to buy them food. I can see asking for change, but these cats out here ask for WHOLE MEALS.

My 2nd gripe is with the African population in NE. Seriously, some of yall need to get off that high horse most of you be on and quit with that attitude. These dudes walk around NE like they own something. And then they always gotta act like a-holes in that nasty @#%$ Ethiopian bodega named 'merkato.' If any of you remember 'half baked' this places looks just like the bodega from the movie.

My last gripe is about everyone acting like they got a chip on their shoulder out here. No one's ever happy. I work at the MLK store and you try and ask these ghetto @#%$ fools if they need help and they snap back at you like you tryin to take their oregon trail cards. And then they act like their victims of oppressed society.

DON'T SEATTLE-IZE PORTLAND

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Team Pacific Northwest

I am like any other man. All I do is supply a demand.​

I love it there! when i go to Portland, I spend 92% of my time in NE.
I have to admit, i thought it was odd that dudes would come askin for off amounts of change...like 22 cents. who asks for 22 cents? why not just a quarter or even a dollar...22 cents? never had 'em ask for a full meal though
I swear the Popeyes on MLK closest to the Nike outlet is an actual crackhouse! I love it though

only "bad" thing is that I hardly ever see any adults out during the day. Its like they all at work on the weekend or somethin and only come out at night.

I got about 10-15 guys goin down today/tomorow....wish I was goin.
Just look at it as 30 more pounds of awesomeness

Lets not even get into talk about portland history and oppression cause I bet you I know more than you do and I'm not even from this state. Interracial marriages weren't even allowed until the late 40s, even though slavery was outlawed, for blacks to stay they had to get whipped twice per year, of course we aren't allowed to own property like all other states, and all that jazz. I know the history beyind the vanport flood and the very nasty, untold history about oregon and black folks.

Anyway, yes they act like their oppressed. This is 2007. If you are one of those people I speak of, get that chip off your shoulder homie. Aint no one in NE holding the community back but themselves. If you wanna complain about no jobs, then tell me why I see and hear this overabundance of ignorant @#%$ teenagers on the bus? Its their choice on the ways they act. No one is going to hire them if they choose not to do something dimple like LEARN... really its all about the people in the community. Its their choices to gety up and do something about it. Sure, we can debate on the portland pub. School problem and why OR would rather spend money on roads than schools, but still, people can learn with a class size of 40, sharing txt books, and one teacher. You can hold that 'white man this and that' argument but it doesn't hold water for so long. I'm not from NE but I have a daughter, damn near done with school, getting my career grind on with Nike (I just got done doing an assignment at world headquarters), have a 2nd job, and certainly make well below the median income amount that Oregon states is the poverty level. How can I be black, live in one of the cities with the highest concentration of white people (yes, check your wikipedia), and still be able to accomplish all of that? I haven't accomplished much, but if I'm 'oppressed,' shouldn't I be at the same level as the bums chillin outside the NE Grand mcdonalds?????

So again, NE heads need to get off that trip. Cause whether you make min wage or 100,000 per year, its up to YOU to make that happen. No white man held me down or kept me from accomplishing my goals out here, and I live in BEAVERTON. Too many white people out here to breathe.

Quote:
Lets not even get into talk about portland history and oppression cause I bet you I know more than you do and I'm not even from this state. Interracial marriages weren't even allowed until the late 40s, even though slavery was outlawed, for blacks to stay they had to get whipped twice per year, of course we aren't allowed to own property like all other states, and all that jazz. I know the history beyind the vanport flood and the very nasty, untold history about oregon and black folks.

Man I can already tell you hate whitey

I lived on 16th n alberta from 86-05 WHAT CAN U TELL ME??? I got one question for u tho, Where did all those black people go who lived by woodlawn park (mlk+dekum - 18th+ dekum)???

Most likely a MYSTERY to u.
AYE

bballah3 - sooo far from hating whitey dude. my daughter is half white. a few months ago i wanted to read about portland's history and found MANY great resources. among them were wikipedia, some PSU papers from professors and students, and random other articles/books.

i don't hate white folks at all but me being from socal, you hear how oregon is such a progressive state. some aspects it's true but i think peiople are only looking at eugene and portland when they say that. as oregonians, we fly under the radar as people always put us up there as one of those loser states. when that happens, the really dirty history of the state isn't as publicized as california's or the southern states. oregon did some people real dirty back in the day. :frown:
frown.gif

I love NE Portland and SE 82nd. Those two areas got everything that I need or would ever need. One area that I dislike is Lake Oswego. Whenever I go out there I feel way out of place
rip
komson

I got love for NE PORTLAND. 2 Popeyes on one block. can't get any better than that. Hate Lloyd though. Swear I see some fake jordans there all the time and they stuntin' like they got some exclusives. That dude at Journeys be gawkin' at any shoes that's NOT a GR. Them footlocker/ footaction employees are something real "******ed." oh yeah, is caviar a legit store? they had a picture of ben baller's jewels and money on there with his tag removed on their caviar myspace page! hahah
OFFER OR GO AWAY
HEAT ON EBAY

I walk by caviar a couple times a week. He has like 3 display shoes. I read his sign and its partly a consignment shop. I think that's how the money is mostly made because that place is too small and too unpopular. If something was crackin there, I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now. I wonder if his regular stock comes from reselling?

most of caviar 's stock comes from the pofac itself (29.99 v's, samples)...working there you should know this lol
WHOMPWHOMPWHOMP

Whomp whomp whomp... yo, I read that and that just made me laugh.

I don't know that (samples from the pofac), lol. I've nvr set foot inside there, nor do I know the owner. I just peek across the way from the bus stop, or peek in when I walk by to go to popeyes. He has too many curtains up.

Cavier sells fake stuff and the owner sells some of his used shoes in there. Ever wonder where the fake BBC and Bape, even DEad Serious Hooodies Come from? It's all in there...... There is another Fake shop just a few doors north in the giant building that includes a restaruant and the laundrymat/coffe place. Theres a door inbetween you can go in and there are little shops inside. Mad fake nikes. the building is on the same side as pofac, cavier, popeyes and is across from portland cable access.

All I'm going to say is N. Portland Has it's rough patches I was born there, spent a lot of my youth over there including a descent amount in Columbia Villa during the rise of crack. I recently went by it and was shocked at the transformation. When I was there it was a battleground of worn torn military type bunkers that survived for the sole purposes to harbor portlands poor and "troubled". Now it's amazing to see houses and a park with kids in it actually playing.

N. Portland isn't the same anymore especially when Gentrification is playing a huge role in NoPo right now and many low income families locacted in N. Portland are being driven East of 82nd and west of the Hills. Thats actually happening in many areas around the city center.

As far as the people go, you'll find ignorant people everywhere and it's not just urban or low income people that reveal true ignorance in this fine city. Generally people here seem pretty cool and DTE but I haven't lived anywere else so I hold no personal comparison.
_________________________________________________________________​
Your girl want me cause I do it better than youThe whole world want me NT, Im'a Legend to you​
IN THE YEAR 2007 WE WILL ROCK!!!​

above the clouds whats good? I lived in the villa back in the day and i stay there right now.... did you use to hoop at the four courts!

P.S. I probably know who you are khadafi252, lol

Dam khadafi252 your a hater, i know exactly who you are.(not that im trying to scare you or anything) how about you go to that shop called "merkato" and let them know thats what you think about the shop. and im not gonna lie, you seem like you know what your talking about becides the fact that you name wikipedia as a resources, i mean c'mon man, i can go write that portland has the biggest population of black people and no one can stop me. i lived in NE/N portland my whole life and i have no problem with anything there, if anything i have a problem of the huge shift of race's around mississippi and alberta. so yeah man, jus make sure you use creditable resources next time.

Back
Top Bottom