Neck tattoos and face tattoos... What's good with this?!

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

i have my name tattooed on my neck.. i easily cover it with a collared shirt when i have to..

flamesuit on!

why you got YOUR name on you though?

that's extra weird to me

Honestly, speaking of tats period, I think it is semi pointless for super dark skinned folks to get tats. Nobody can make out what they are supposed to be and if people can't see what your tats are, then there is no point of having them. As much as you all want to deny it, tats are gotten for others to see. It isn't done for yourself.

2ndly, people like LeBron and JR Smith that have SO MANY tats jumbled up in one region of their body to the point where it is all just jumbled up in one region of their body is just stupid. Again, it looks like a bunch of MESS. It doesn't look artistic. People think that getting tats automatically gives you a sense of appreciation for art. No. You just want people to look at you.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Honestly, speaking of tats period, I think it is semi pointless for super dark skinned folks to get tats. Nobody can make out what they are supposed to be and if people can't see what your tats are, then there is no point of having them. As much as you all want to deny it, tats are gotten for others to see. It isn't done for yourself.
But dude! The outlines looks super cool.... up close.
And thats pretty much it. Just like fashion and everything else. This society is full of egocentric and narcissist people, so it makes plenty of sense to get a tatto. It's just the norm to deny it, when deep inside you know you love the attention it brings you. Automatic self-esteem booster ftw!

Originally Posted by air max 87

while society has gotten more understanding of tattoos, just not hands/face/neck tattoos.

i have nothing against tattoos, but alot of it is down right silly and dumb.

these artists and athletes dont help either.

dude I couldn't have said it better myself

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Originally Posted by Big ATZ

I blame Wayne for this mess. I live in Milwaukee and there are lots of people with face tats.

from the area too but i dont see really anyone with face tattoos but plenty neck tattoos

It depends on what area you are in.

Idk wats good....but I kno wats bad not being able to get a corporate job...but that's not everyones desire to each is his own

I work in a hospital in the casecart department and i have a neck tat also a couple on my arms, about to be a surgical tech soon and my teacher has a wrist and back neck tat also lol

I feel that anyone that's not financial established in life and gets a neck tattoo 100% got it for the attention. Whether it be to appear tougher, to "impress" females, to fit in a certain group, or to look cute pause. If u truly got it for yourself or because you like art/tattoos, why couldn't u wait to get it after you've established yourself in your career and don't need to worry about finances/job market?? Are u not going to want the tattoo by then??

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

thats an ATL/southern thing mane

Nah bro. I live in Minneapolis and see neck tats like it's nothing. Face tats aren't uncommon either. I got a sleeve on my left arm and a few on my right. All I got to do is throw on a long sleeve shirt. I'm not about that non concealable tattoo life. I would get a throat piece though if I was set for life. Never my face though. That's the first thing people see when they look at you. As for my opinion on faces tats. Let them learn the hard way. I was talking to a 40 year old man once on the train. Long story short he inherited millions when he was a teen. Thought a face tattoo was a cool idea. Blew the money of course. Now he says his face tat basically ruined his life. His kids are embarrassed from him at school events and such. He also can't find a better job that a dishwasher. Dude was an awesome guy but really limited himself with that tat.

yea man..........
i live in CT.................imma just start asking dudes wth they do or plan on doing for a living with hands/neck/face tats...........

i literally seen a dude this week with a face tat when i was shopping, im just thinkin to myself smh....

u gonna catch some +!% whoppings you ask the wrong dudes lol

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

ghetto6.jpg
Well, she's a "5 star literally" future trophy wife, so she'll never have to work an hour in her life, so it's chill for her to have neck tatts.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

2ndly, people like LeBron and JR Smith that have SO MANY tats jumbled up in one region of their body to the point where it is all just jumbled up in one region of their body is just stupid. Again, it looks like a bunch of MESS. It doesn't look artistic. People think that getting tats automatically gives you a sense of appreciation for art. No. You just want people to look at you.

Originally Posted by timbo109

ghetto6.jpg
Well, she's a "5 star literally" future trophy wife, so she'll never have to work an hour in her life, so it's chill for her to have neck tatts.
She ain't $%*!. Why do you think she doesn't have to work?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Originally Posted by timbo109

ghetto6.jpg
who shawty is this?

Keyshaun baby momma. I seen dem at Red Lobster last weekend.

But what about people like myself who get tats that aren't visible, we still thirsty?

A lot of people are just foolish. Celebrities, rap artists, and athletes can pull them off just because that's who they are. But if you're anything short of those professions,
you're shooting yourself in the foot as far as job opportunities are concerned. Why don't people realize this? 

My friends dad has a neck tat, he runs his own business (A/C work I think) and he makes ATLEAST $75k a year. (After taxes)

Originally Posted by thacapt

My friends dad has a neck tat, he runs his own business (A/C work I think) and he makes ATLEAST $75k a year. (After taxes)

Im not settling for 75k a year as being my best bet.....

I think the craziest thing about tattoo's is why people won't get them. The need for a" good job" seems to far surpass the rights of free expression.

Whether someone gets a tattoo because they saw it on a wall, or because it has some deep intellectual meaning, they should get it regardless of what it is.

A) Not all jobs are "corporate" jobs B) Those shouldn't be the only jobs aimed for C) if I'm more qualified than the next person I should get the job, regardless if I have a star on my face or not.

Tattoo's seem to be viewed as an "ok" form discrimination, it's ok to not give someone a job because of whats on his skin, regardless of how good they are at that job.

The blatant disregard for basic rights(freedom of speech/mind/expresson, in this case) by corporations coupled with the acceptance of that by the general population is the reason America is the way it is.

Ask yourself, what does a tattoo on my neck say about my intelligence? Or work ability? or a multitude of other things

Originally Posted by thacapt

The same way people that don't want to go to college reference Kanye and/or Bill Gates as someone that is doing well without a degree. As if that is the norm.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

I think the craziest thing about tattoo's is why people won't get them. The need for a" good job" seems to far surpass the rights of free expression.

Whether someone gets a tattoo because they saw it on a wall, or because it has some deep intellectual meaning, they should get it regardless of what it is.

A) Not all jobs are "corporate" jobs B) Those shouldn't be the only jobs aimed for C) if I'm more qualified than the next person I should get the job, regardless if I have a star on my face or not.

Tattoo's seem to be viewed as an "ok" form discrimination, it's ok to not give someone a job because of whats on his skin, regardless of how good they are at that job.

The blatant disregard for basic rights(freedom of speech/mind/expresson, in this case) by corporations coupled with the acceptance of that by the general population is the reason America is the way it is.

Ask yourself, what does a tattoo on my neck say about my intelligence? Or work ability? or a multitude of other things

you're acting like we live in a perfect world where people don't judge a book by its cover

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Originally Posted by bboy1827

you're acting like we live in a perfect world where people don't judge a book by its cover

No, I'm acting like we live in a world where there is a Constitution, where there are human rights, where corporations shouldn't have control over the minds of individuals, where if people were to ask questions than maybe we wouldn't be in this situation we are in. I live in a world/country that was founded on freedom, stolen by money and can be taken back by the people, if people decided they won't accept the injustices, even the mundane ones,  being forced upon them in their everyday life.

Tats are for mostly insecure people who need attention to boast their low self esteem. When you think about it, tattoos are pretty pointless.

Back
Top Bottom