Need a job? Amazon.com is hiring 50,000 seasonal workers.

e-commerce gets big: Amazon hiring 50,000 seasonal workers

Amazon said tonight that it is hiring for 50,000 seasonal worker positions for the holiday shopping season.

The Seattle-based e-commerce company says it will hire the workers at its fulfillment centers (the warehouses that carry out orders from its web site).

“In addition to the thousands of people we’ve hired for full-time jobs this year, we’re proud to be adding more than 50,000 seasonal jobs this holiday,” said Dave Clark, vice president, global customer fulfillment at Amazon. “We’re hiring at our sites across the U.S. for talented individuals to help us deliver a great experience for our customers this holiday season. Temporary associates play a critical role in meeting increased customer demand during the holiday season, and we expect thousands of temporary associates will stay on in full-time positions.”

Amazon has more than 20,000 people working at 40 fulfillment centers around the U.S. It says it pays its full-time permanent employees 30 percent more than what traditional retail store employees earn, not counting stock grants that full-time employees earn. Over the past five years, those grants have added an average of 9 percent base pay per year.

Amazon launched Career Choice, a program designed to help employees with career choices. Applications are available online at http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/15/e...g-50000-seasonal-workers/#iL7trzvLG1MB7evf.99

Also, I've heard that Macy's is hiring 80,000 for the season, Toys-R-Us is hiring 50,000, and Wal-Mart is hiring 50,000.

Thanks for the heads up. If they offer anything at night I will be all over that. I've been looking for something to stack on top of my 9-5

I'm sure the warehouse positions are mostly overnight due to the fact the people are ordering at night and need to be shipped out the next day to meet the orders. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. If they offer anything at night I will be all over that. I've been looking for something to stack on top of my 9-5

Same, let me know anti, we both NJ :nerd:

Last edited:
I can attest to the chances of being hired by Toys R Us. I work in NYC. Even with all the help they hire, it's still really chaotic, which is not much of a surprise.

The hours were shortened for seasonal employees last year, opposed to the hours in 2010, when I first started. It was to the point where I heard temps actually complaining about the lack of hours they had been receiving. If you're willing to do overnight work, which isn't pleasant, it works to your benefit.

If anyone's interested, I can answer any questions you may have. If you want, shoot a PM.

Last edited:
So are these the only states youd be able to get a job?

Fulfillment Centers:
Arizona
Delaware
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Nevada
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

Amazon fulfillment centers are a nightmare, I would rather collect cans than work in one of those.

As far as the other jobs, WHOOOOOO, unemployment going up minimum wage style!!

Just like I said

Back
Top Bottom