Need a little help - Jordan 6 Rings or Lebron VI

I'm currently playing ball in Hyperdunks, however... after reading all these threads about the shoe falling apart and people hurting themselves, I'mgetting scared (seriously)!

I had a serious ankle injury back in February and I couldn't walk or put any pressure on my right ankle for about 5 weeks. It wasn't broken, but it wasa really bad sprain and I went through horrible pain, every night I couldn't sleep and it was just bad. So I don't really want to go thru that again.

That being said, I play basketball a lot, 3-4 days a week. Whenever I can basically and my Hyerdunks are holding up, but I'm still worried. So I'mthinking about getting a backup pair.

I was looking at the Jordan 6 Rings and the Lebron VI's. I have NEVER played basketball in Jordan's so I'm not sure how they are as ball shoes.

Which one's would you recommend guys.. it doesn't have to be any of the two that I mentioned, I'm listening to your opinions. I just wantcomfortable shoes that will last because I've been going through a lot of them since my feet kept growing. I also want shoes with good ankle support.

Thanks NT!

I would say it depends on your position,Lebron VI is more of a bulkier shoe,if your a guard may not be for you,6 rings are lighter but maybe you should justhit up east bay and get a shoe more or less just for basketball,like a hurrache elite something of that nature or if you like Lebron go with the zoom soldierlighter..

Thanks for the advice. I don't wanna buy off eastbay because I'm not sure what size I am. I have the Hyperdunks in 11 and they're fine... and thenI have VC 4's in 11 but they're too small. I rather go in and just try both on and see which one's are more comfier.

Also, I'm in Canada so if I buy shoes I'm going to go visit my cousin in Buffalo and get a pair at Finishline or something because on Eastbay theycharge you duty/tax. So what I'll do when I cross the border is bring my basketball bag with me and play some ball at my cousin's school then throw myshoes in there.

But back on topic.. it really depends what league I'm playing in. Right now I'm playing in a fun houseleague with just a bunch of buddies and I playforward-center (i'm 6'3"). When I'm gonna play intramurals for school where there is bigger guys, I'm probably gonna play shooting guard..so it really depends.

I think i should just settle for the jordans? How's the ankle support on them?

With your size and the positions you play i think that the Lebron VI will be a good choice if you decide on them.

I have the Lebrons and I'm 5'10 160lbs. I usually face up at about mid-range so that I can shoot or drive. I don't feel like they are too heavy orbulky at all. I played in Zoom BBs before so its not like I'm used to "heavier" shoes. The Lebrons are honestly very light.

The only thing I want to warn you about is the lacing system of the Lebrons. Its not the greatest ever. Its hard to get a good lockdown feel and it can becomeundone. That may be a concern for ankle stability. But if you do manage to get a good lockdown, the performance is great.

sorry but jordan brand and basketball do not go hand in hand at the moment....the lebron would be a better bet both aesthetically and technically

What about the Huarache 08 guys for ankle support? Any good?

Or how bout the Kobe 2's? I've always liked this shoe but never actually bought them.

I just want a shoe with great ankle support.. if you guys can give me a list I'll choose a shoe that I like. edit again: lol sorry.. how bout the NikePowermax?

Kobe IIs?......Eh, I dont know. I heard good things about them and I also tried them on. Really good ankle support but not enough cushioning in my opinion.Plus they push into your achilles tendon. I think for your ankles youll need ankle support AND cushioning to lower pain in the joint. Kobe IIs have CRAZY courtfeel though.

A lot of people have been picking up the Powermaxes. A lot of college ballers at every position wear it. I was either going to pick the Powermax up or theLebron VI. I decided on the Lebrons. I'm still curious about the Powermax though. Heard they were light, supportive, and had great cushioning. You mightwant to look into those.

Thanks guys. Yeah it looks like it's gonna be between the Lebrons and Powermaxes. I'm gonna have to go down to the states to get them tho because Ican't find either of them in Canada. Where would I be able to get them in the states? Footlocker? I don't see them on Finishline's website... hmm..

I think i'm going to get the Powermax. Where can I find them in Buffalo? Will they have them at Footlocker? I'm probably going to go to Galleria.

Back
Top Bottom