Need Advice on Car Situation....

Ok I got into an accident this past Friday and was ran off the freeway by a drunk driver at 9am in the morning. The driver has no insurance, and it wasnt even his car. Anyways Im thankful to be alive and still have my health. My car (2006 Lexus GS300) was paid off and I had no car payment, but the insurance company says it will be $9,000 to fix the car. The car is worth $18,000, but i seriously do not want to drive a vehicle thats been in a wreck, and i know when I do go and sell it or trade it in, the value will be a lot less.

Any advice from my NT fam on what to do, or if I should be looking for another car and just trade in the Lexus after it gets fixed? The no car payment thing is lovely and I really dont want a huge note.

Glad to see you're alright bro! Theres so many shady people out there.. could've easily ended up worse!

The car isn't totaled right? If it is, are you saying insurance will give you 18k? Or is that what the car is worth on KBB (kelly blue book)?

9k to fix a car worth 18 isnt really worth it..

You could always try to sell a car 'as is', theres alot of people who dont mind fixing cars for a side job.. but it's tough to find them..

Back
Top Bottom