Need help deciding on a shoe! Indoor 20-5-5, 14's, or Kobe V's

Man finding a shoe has been so difficult as of late, i really like the Zoom Flight Club's, they were comfortable.  Then i started running everyday in a pair of Lunar Lite Racers, they were so comfortable, i slipped my Flight Club's back on and i changed my mind they are not comfortable at all. 

Shoes i've played in in the past years that i liked, 2001 True Blue 3's, Indigo XIV's.  Lebron IV's.  Zoom BB's

Shoes i disliked playing in. Kobe IV, Hyperdunks, Hyperizes.

I'm trying to decide, i tried on the Chaos a while back in store only, and just wasn't impressed but everyone seems to like them.

Pick from these:
Huarache 2k5 -90
Kobe V -140
Lebron 20-5-5 -115
Jordan XIV -120

Btw, i'm a pretty light PG.  

Oh and i tried on the KD2 and Huarache 2010s at Finishline, and didn't really like the KD2's but the Huarache's felt good.

I'm not gonna lie, the 20-5-5's were a revelation to me. I kept thinking, "Damn this shoe is amazing", when I first got a pair. If you can get a pair, I'd say go for it.

Originally Posted by rpcjr72

I'm not gonna lie, the 20-5-5's were a revelation to me. I kept thinking, "Damn this shoe is amazing", when I first got a pair. If you can get a pair, I'd say go for it.
^^ co-sign. These kicks are dope. A perfect blend of comfort and durability!

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

I love this shoe.  I lost mine though. I think someone stole them when I threw a house party 
mad.gif
  If you can find a pair, let me know!  I need another pair of 20.5.5 

Originally Posted by Hannybee

I love this shoe.  I lost mine though. I think someone stole them when I threw a house party 
mad.gif
20-5-5 is indeed an AMAZING outdoor performer but definitely NOT for quick and light guards since they have some serious stability issues if you are not able to compress the zoom bag sufficiently
eyes.gif

So for a light guard like you I would say a BIG NO to the 20-5-5 and a HUGE YES to the Zoom Kobe Vs!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Gggggas

mad.gif
20-5-5 is indeed an AMAZING outdoor performer but definitely NOT for quick and light guards since they have some serious stability issues if you are not able to compress the zoom bag sufficiently
eyes.gif

So for a light guard like you I would say a BIG NO to the 20-5-5 and a HUGE YES to the Zoom Kobe Vs!
happy.gif
I am a guard and the Zoom Air implementation in 20-5-5's is the best ever!!! Zoom Air is very responsive.... love that full length setup. There's no need being heavy, lol.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Originally Posted by Gggggas

mad.gif
eyes.gif

happy.gif
I am a guard and the Zoom Air implementation in 20-5-5's is the best ever!!! Zoom Air is very responsive.... love that full length setup. There's no need being heavy, lol.
You misunderstood me Greg
tongue.gif
 I wasn't referring to the mind blowing zoom air cushioning but about the stability issues it has. I wanted to say that only a very strong player putting a lot of force on his feet so the zoom bag compresses sufficiently, won't have any important stability issues unless his game is not about agility and quickness.
All of us know the stability issues the 20-5-5 has. I am almost 180lbs, 5'10 and I put A LOT of force on my feet and move quickly though for very strong games I definitely don't pick the 20-5-5 though it's still my big love after all these years
embarassed.gif

I'm 6' 170 and the 20-5-5's had all the cushion, responsiveness, stability and durability I could asked for. The only thing that wasn't great was the fit was little weird. My regular size was too snug, but the a half size up felt huge. Wearing 2 pairs of socks solved the problem. Also, the dense out sole isn't designed for a maximum court feel ([color= rgb(0, 204, 51)]whatever[/color]) but, that's a small compromise.

Well if you already liked the ajxiv and liked it I think youshould go with them.  I have owned all 4 pairs your talking about and allhave pros and cons.  The huarache 2k5 are def really stable, the base ispretty wide and the zoom is responsive a little stiff out the box but overall agreat shoe.  The cons of the 2k5 are the ankle is restricting with thestrap and the lacing system just doesnt feel right.  The 20-5-5 are greatbut you have to put a beating on them, they need to be punished to be verygood.  The zoom is really there but almost too bubbly under my feet.  And the ankle support was so so.  The zkv are the best low shoe ever.  The cons are the security around the ankle but thats pretty much it.

Originally Posted by ezpinoy

was it just me, or did the 20-5-5 feel like they would tip over alot!

That's what I am saying, they don't have good lateral stability. Definitely no for light n quick guards.

the kobe v are definitely a good shoe for ballin but i also used the xiv and i really liked em. you should just stick with those since they worked for you before
why change it.

Back
Top Bottom