need help with running/cross training shoes... suggestions

ldj

im in search of some new running/crossfit shoes and need suggestions. everyone is telling me some lunars or airmax but thats kinda vague. im 6'1 meduim build and kinda flat foot size 10/10.5 depending on shoe. also my feet kinda wide and i have a few back problems so i need some good cushion. 

Try the nike free run + 2. Its got a good tox boe width wise. Its a really good runnin/training shoe because it allows your feet to move naturally with out much cushioning. It also strengthens your feet and ankles. It might in the long run strengthen your back since most of your pain usually starts from bottom up. Give it a shot but ease in to it as some people found out that they were alittle sore after the first use.

I'm 5'9 186 lbs. Free's can hold up for a bit but I highly recommend getting Dr. Scholls (helps a lot with comfortability and my back problems standing or walking for a while). I like the Nike air trainer 1.2 as they are pretty good from what I heard. Try em both if you got cash

You gotta provide way more information, and this is probably not the best place to ask since it's Niketalk. Emphasis on Nike.

It depends on how much you're going to run, where, in what conditions, indoors/outdoors, etc.

I like Asics gel-based shoes for running. I stay away from Air Max shoes because I feel like the cushioning breaks down quickly. The other thing is you can get suggestions here, but you gotta try the shoes on to be sure if they will work for you.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

You gotta provide way more information, and this is probably not the best place to ask since it's Niketalk. Emphasis on Nike.

It depends on how much you're going to run, where, in what conditions, indoors/outdoors, etc.

I like Asics gel-based shoes for running. I stay away from Air Max shoes because I feel like the cushioning breaks down quickly. The other thing is you can get suggestions here, but you gotta try the shoes on to be sure if they will work for you.
Good looking out I had some asics gel based shoes, and while comfortable (was recomended by salesman in a running/training shoe specialty store) they did very little for my back and kinda had a loose fit. Outside the description given, I run a few miles 2-3 a day, mostly road running. def need something for standing for long periods of time. Also run quick sprints ie... like shuttle runs. Perform basic workout routines such as jumping jacks, squats, lunges, moutain climbers, etc. Dont know if anyone would know but think of military style daily pt.

Originally Posted by LDJ

im in search of some new running/crossfit shoes and need suggestions. everyone is telling me some lunars or airmax but thats kinda vague. im 6'1 meduim build and kinda flat foot size 10/10.5 depending on shoe. also my feet kinda wide and i have a few back problems so i need some good cushion. 

Asics by far is the best pure running brand you can get. Nike comes with the best straight out of the box comfort, while New Balance has the best durability.

The main differences between a training and a running shoe is that a Training shoe will have lateral outriggers for lateral support and also will rarely have any forefoot cushioning and a flatter mid sole compared to a running shoe.

Since you did mention you have a flat foot, depending if it is SUPER FLAT, meaning your entire foot touches the ground it is highly recommended getting a Motion Control Running shoe, although there are a handful of those types of shoes out there and most are only sold at specific running stores. An example would be the Brooks Beast, Nike Zoom Nucleus, and the Asics Gel-Evolution. Again, these shoes are really hard to find because they are so specific on the type of last it is made out of that there is not a high demand for them.

If you must get a training shoe, I have heard none that provides the type of support you would need that a running shoe would have such as support for pronation, low, mid, and high arch feet. The only way I see people using a training that needs specific support is to get an insole that caters to it. Normally the Gel and regular green Spenco insoles are trash compared to Super Feet and Pro Step. I really favor Super Feet, as I never had a problem with them. These insoles have a plastic bottom which DOES indeed work. It does not feel hard or stiff like most people would think once they see it, but they are the best for a reason and a lot of marathon runners use them. Also, they are at a reasonable price compared to getting a self made orthotics.

If you have any other questions just shoot me a PM or a reply!

Back
Top Bottom