Need some fitness help....Vol I'm really, really tired of being weak.

There's no nice way to say this......but I'm really weak.

I could only do ONE push-up when I tried right now. I've always known I'm not that strong, but I just realized how weak I am. And the benchpress....well I did about 10 reps of 50lbs and was just about wore out. smh lol

I'm putting myself out there cuz I really want some help from you guys. I'm committed to putting in work. I just want to see some results.

Here's some specs that will help.

6' 0''
135 lbs
Skinny white dude with a VERY fast metabolism. (thanks dad)
I play basketbally 2-3 times a week usually for about 3 hrs each time. Aside from that I don't have much other physical activity.
I'm also a vegetarian, but eat milk and dairy. Boss says I should eat egg whites to up my protein and aid in building muscle.
I don't smoke or drink. Never have, never will.

Equipment
Basically just an old bench with some weights and some dumbells. Also have a situp thing that is at the bottom of a door and you put your feet in it.

Can someone make me a workout plan?
I'm willing to try just about anything. Tired of being a wimp. Thanks.

no workout plan just advice..

W/E plan u start commitment & consistency is the key.
You could have the best plan in the world, but if u dont stay at it its worthless.

Start out basic with pushups, curls, benching etc [ pullups are GREAT too].
Dont worry about the # of reps you can do, just focus on progress. Since your a beginner you'll see reults quickly.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Dont worry about the # of reps you can do

So important.
Also, dont rush through any reps. Take it slow and steady. Like, really slow. Go as slow as possible, for maybe 6 reps at a time. It works the muscles morethoroughly and doesnt just use reflexes or 'bouncing' to finish the rep.

^^^^^ agreed. my advice would be to start of with an all upper body workout b/c it sounds like you are weak(no offense we all had to start out somewhere noshame) and a beginner w/ limited equipment. you should do

-bench press
-push-ups
-curls
-pullups
-tri-cept work out with the dumbell over your head (forgot what its called)

just do the basic work outs like 4/5 exercises. as far as reps go i would say whatever you can do for a max set cut it down to half of that and do three sets.do this about 4 times a week for a month. for that first month you will feel like you are dying. everything will hurt even @%+$ your not working out, but stickwith it. after the first month then you can start on a "real" work out plan and start w/ protein and whatnot.

when i first started out i was 5'11'' and 130lbs....really weak as well, all i did was hoop. before i hurt my shoulder i was about 180 and repping225 about 10 times...so its possible. dont expect to getting your hulk on in a week. stick w/ it and push yourself and you'll see results eventually....itsharder for us skinny dudes

Originally Posted by 255forLife

check out this link.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm

with just a bar, free weights, and dumbbells, you can do a lot.

That looks like a really good site. Thanks for the link.

Considering how hard just doing ONE pushup was, would you guys recommend doing wall pushups or pushups on a low counter or bed or something? That way I couldactually do sets and reps. Yes or no? Or maybe girl pushups? lol

I'm prob gonna lift on Mon-Wed-Fri. The other days just run. Sundays and Thursday I play basketball, and Saturday would be just a total body rest.

Thanks for the tips. All us skinny dudes keep coming back to this thread an let's try and keep each other accountable.

18key - Good reminder about taking it slow.

as a skinny guy that likes to play ball my advice is

do NOT let basketball get in the way of ur lifting. it's seriously been like my roadblock to getting to where i want to strengthwise lol. even if its anice day out on monday and your boy hits you up to play ball, just tell him straight up nah i gotta lift first. DO NOT play ball first and tell yourself"whatever i'll just lift later."

you won't.

good luck man. and focus on getting a lot of calories. stock up on the whole wheat bread. and since you're a vegetarian it's tougher for you to get thenecessary protein. If you find that one month from now you're still motivated and going hard...invest in a protein shake.

I also recommend you work your abs as well. You're skinny so it will start to appear quickly, and the abs are muscles that really stand out for when ucheck the mirror for results and hit the beach/pool during the summer.

Honestly though, don't let your current weakness deter you. You might have a hard time doing 1 push-up right now but if you keep at it, your strength willgrow exponentially (1, 1, then 10+).
As for wall push-ups? Why not? Your stabilizer muscles are probably just hella weak because you've never really worked out before. Do those girly push-upstoo (the ones where you're on your knees).

Keep at it. Try P90x? It's actually a pretty hard program (at the intensity that you should go at) but you can start with really light weights. Maybe 10lbsfor all of the exercises (heck, even 5). Just do whatever you can and do it with the proper technique. You just want to start stimulating all of the musclesthat you've never used before. It'll take a while.

http://www.fitnessdestinations.com/p90x-review-day-1-chest-and-back-and-ab-ripper-x/
- This link describes all of the exercises. You can youtube/google for videos. Or torrent. Or buy.

do NOT let basketball get in the way of ur lifting. it's seriously been like my roadblock to getting to where i want to strengthwise lol. even if its a nice day out on monday and your boy hits you up to play ball, just tell him straight up nah i gotta lift first. DO NOT play ball first and tell yourself "whatever i'll just lift later."
Yeah I got caught in that trap. I'd be like "if I lift before my arms will be tired and my shot will be off," and then I would justend up not lifting. I am a guy who could stand to lose some weight so I wasnt worrying about it at first, but once I saw some muscle starting to go I had tocut it out.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Try P90x? It's actually a pretty hard program (at the intensity that you should go at) but you can start with really light weights. Maybe 10lbs for all of the exercises (heck, even 5). Just do whatever you can and do it with the proper technique. You just want to start stimulating all of the muscles that you've never used before. It'll take a while.

my dude recommended p90x for someone that can't even do pushups
roll.gif

that advice is so bad, that it's actually GRIMEY of you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I guess all that lifting at Finishline didn't help huh? I'm playin' bro. I'm on the same boat.

LOL - Yeah I guess it didn't help much.

Lifting and basketball won't be done on the same days. This the schedule I plan to keep.

Sun - Basketball 8:30am-11:00 & 6:30pm-10:30
Mon - Lift
Tue - Run
Wed - Lift
Thu - Basketball 7:30-11:00
Fri - Lift
Sat - Rest

Even though I did some stuff yesterday, to stick with my schedule I've gotta do some stuff now. lol - I'm gonna try and figure out a plan with sets,reps, and for diff exercises.

Originally Posted by abernja

I could only do ONE push-up when I tried right now. I've always known I'm not that strong, but I just realized how weak I am. And the bench press....well I did about 10 reps of 50lbs and was just about wore out. smh lol

I'm putting myself out there cuz I really want some help from you guys. I'm committed to putting in work. I just want to see some results.

6' 0''
135 lbs
I play basketbally 2-3 times a week usually for about 3 hrs each time. Aside from that I don't have much other physical activity.
I'm also a vegetarian, but eat milk and dairy. Boss says I should eat egg whites to up my protein and aid in building muscle.

Equipment
Basically just an old bench with some weights and some dumbells. Also have a situp thing that is at the bottom of a door and you put your feet in it.

Damn dude you are weak

my friend could only do 1 rep of 95 lbs and we were messing with him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abernja

I could only do ONE push-up when I tried right now. I've always known I'm not that strong, but I just realized how weak I am. And the bench press....well I did about 10 reps of 50lbs and was just about wore out. smh lol

6' 0''
135 lbs

Equipment

Respect on the honesty. Focus on form >>>>> how much you lift. Especially just starting out. Do as much research as possible to get your formdown right. Don't ever be afraid to ask anyone in the gym about spottting, form, or just advice. We all started low at one time. Not sure what your gym islike, but I've never heard anyone not willing to help others out. Start light and then progress. You'll get much better results. If you don't feelthe exercise working on the specific bodypart then it's not working.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom