need some help picking out a gift for a sister-type. Halp.

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So last year I made really great friends with a couple while I was in Ohio.  They're over here to get their masters and I ended up working with the husband.  His wife's b-day is coming up soon so i'm scrambling to find a gift for her because she was extra nice to me and cooked probably the best indian food i've ever had...basically treated my like a little brother.
Idk what to get for this girl though so i'm open to ideas.

-she's out in Detroit right now because she landed a job there...had to move away from her husband who's in akron, OH getting his masters

-she's a vegetarian

-from rajasthan india

-she likes sweets so I was bout to head to Jackson heights and send her some indian sweets but she recently told me she's trying to lose weight...

-she's a believer/practioner of the art of living...(some dudes may remember Shree Shree Ravi Shankar from the fantasy factory episode.

I'm just trying to find something small that she'll be able to enjoy...because most likely she may move back to India and probably won't be able to take anything big back with her.

a bunch of thongs
edit: nvm: just read the cliffs, get her like a damn toy elephant or something, indian people like elephants and stuff

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

So last year I made really great friends with a couple while I was in Ohio.  They're over here to get their masters and I ended up working with the husband.  His wife's b-day is coming up soon so i'm scrambling to find a gift for her because she was extra nice to me and cooked probably the best indian food i've ever had...basically treated my like a little brother.
She's married.  I think that it's appropriate giver her something that they both can enjoy. 
A $50 gift card to ticketmaster, or a concert/play that you think that they could enjoy together. 

...Or you could buy her husband a flight to Detroit to see her for the weekend.

the flight to detroit is out of the picture because Akron is about 2-3 hours away from detroit and dude already told me he's driving their this wendsday.

Are gift-baskets still tacky?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

the flight to detroit is out of the picture because Akron is about 2-3 hours away from detroit and dude already told me he's driving their this wendsday.

Are gift-baskets still tacky?

They're fine as long as they have things in them that both she and her husband can enjoy.
Any concerts/plays going on when her he gets to Detroit?

Back
Top Bottom