Need Your Help NT Vol. Resume

BigDanes89

formerly bigdanes14
I have NO IDEA how to write up a resume, can someone PLEASE show me an example/template for how it's done.
I need one for an interview I have tomorrow morning for a security place.
If this helps, I don't have a lot of work experience (1 job lasted 2 months), high school deploma, and next quarter will be my last year in college.

Any help will be APPRECIATED
smile.gif

I'm assuming you have Microsoft Word. Go to "New", and scroll down the options until you see Resume.

I was actually gonna ask for a good resume template as well...I know there are some recruiters/human resource people on NT that usually come through with knowledge on resumes...

I've been using this as my model for a while; though Google Docs has basic templates built into it.
KqsMw.jpg

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

I've been using this as my model for a while; though Google Docs has basic templates built into it.
KqsMw.jpg

looks like a good template

however your form it, just be consistent

RESUME-WIN-OR-FAIL.jpg

No but seriously, there are a number of default templates for resumes in whatever word processing application you are using. There are also a number of templates online.

If you going for some type of artistic/creative field, it might help to deviate from the standard resume templates and come up with something that relates to that job.

Check these ones out:

Resume_by_Adam_Stephenson.jpg

SID_Santos_2009_Resume.jpg

TLS Resume 2008 by tlstrecker, on Flickr

and-clearly-this-ones-creator-is-a-graphic-designer.jpg

If you go to various university freshman application websites they have templates because a lot of them want applicants to mail a resume in.

I know the University of Texas at Austin has one under the Honors Business Program application, you might want to check that out

Hey do you guys post your resume's as attached files in emails or in the body of the email. I imagine body email resumes do not look as nice but cut out an extra step for employers to see your resume

Nobody on this thread has mentioned it yet
eyes.gif

But a good resume should also have a well written & clear cover letter.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Hey do you guys post your resume's as attached files in emails or in the body of the email. I imagine body email resumes do not look as nice but cut out an extra step for employers to see your resume

I send mines as a PDF attached

you guys resumes are outstanding atleast the Division 1 resumes. if I'm continuining my education hopefully how would I word that on my resume?

2mi4zrl.png

ps. make sure to personalize every resume and cover letter to the place you're applying to

Originally Posted by iAllan

2mi4zrl.png

ps. make sure to personalize every resume and cover letter to the place you're applying to

do you have an example of a cover letter? and what do you mean by personalize the cover letter and resume to the place(S) im applying?

What I mean about personalization is to be as specific as possible. You don't want an employer thinking that you have one resume for every place you apply to. For example, in the Objectives section, put the position and the name of the company that you're applying at. Also for your previous jobs, don't list your job duties, but what you actually did. If you did something from your previous job that would impress a specific employer for the job you're trying to get, make sure to put that.

I don't really want to post up a cover letter, but there are a ton of great ones on google images.

Back
Top Bottom