Neighborhood Watch PARKS in front of my house vol. only watching me?

This is kind of indirectly a spinoff topic of the "why are people always intimidated by me," with people always assuming I'm up to no good, butfor like the 4th time this week, today I catch the Neighborhood Watch people just parked in front of my house chilling, and I could've sworn they had anotepad and were taking notes.

Some background on my neighborhood; It's something like 240-300 houses, ranging in size from the older side of the neighborhood only about 2100sq ft to ourhouse which is actually horribly out of place but 5000+ not counting the separate 2car garage plus dormer in the backyard, and about 5,000sq ft on the new wingof the neighborhood. Race demographics, it's more non white than white, people of various occupations. The most common seems to be Military and retirees,there's quite a few teachers, a doctor lives down the street (he's Middle Eastern, wife is Mexican, daughter is
pimp.gif
), guy who used to play football for OU and played some pro somewhere who nowsells auto insurance (don't laugh, he drives 3 mean Mercedes'). City demographics are about the same, approximately 50% black, yet "still" atop 150 safest city in America. So the relevance of all of that is, seems like you don't even need a Neighborhood Watch, much less in this neighborhood northe need for profiling.

Our neighborhood watch has meetings every Tuesday and alternate days, someone gets the sign, slaps it on their own car, and drives around... or just watches myhouse. The 2 cars that do it are a white Toyota Prius, a guy who ironically was my english Comp 2 Professor but most not remember me, and a lady in a blue vanwho is the one who seems to be even keeping notes.

It's hilarious, but I wonder if anyone on NT has the same problem. My caddy corner neighbors are even worst about it. Dude literally will not be outside ifI am, literally. You think it's probably coincidence that whenever I come out, they have to go in, but after like 8 yrs of it? I could literally impacttheir lives if I wanted to, like if I came outside early in the morning, he wouldn't go to work, probably would call in or something.

nwsign.gif

just go sit outside in your driveway and start takin notes...

or tell them not to park in front of your house anymore...

Maybe I'll join the neighborhood watch and do the same back to them.

If anybody ever wants to commit some kind of crime and needs a decoy, I'd be like the perfect man. People always think I'm up to something. I couldjust walk in the store or whatever, and all the workers there will start doing that less than slickI'm-not-following-you-but-I-somehow-need-to-be-refolding-already-folded-clothes-next-to-wherever-you-are-all-the-time thing and you could just go to work.

You live in Lawton right? Since when was Lawton top 150 safe in the country?
laugh.gif

But yo...remember how to be a ninja in less than a minute? Now is your time...

It was top 100 as recently as 2003 Buggz. Remember I posted that link and I thought it was recent, and turned it it was from 03? You think it's dangeroushere? It's the same as anywhere else, that if you watch the news you'd see the sensationalism of crime and perhaps get the idea that that's allthat goes on, but it has always struck me as very safe, particularly like I said, I live in the suburbs closer to Cache. I don't think there has been acrime in this neighborhood since we lived here, and we were here from the beginning, used to be on the other side but Dad decided he wanted a 4 car garage andmore house so we built down here on this end

Why did I have the feeling that you lived in some shady apartment complex?

I guess it was that thread that you made a while back about some dudes in the stairwell talking about killing somebody or something...that was you right?

Originally Posted by tmay407

Why did I have the feeling that you lived in some shady apartment complex?

I guess it was that thread that you made a while back about some dudes in the stairwell talking about killing somebody or something...that was you right?
Fam, I'm upstairs in my parents's house right now. I always spend the weekends over here. I live in a different apt complex from that onenow though, the one I'm in now is the one with the mouse and a billion cats ruunning around. Luckily I'm moving again in a few days, this complex hasmore ameniities and tons of people I know, so I probably won't get as bored on weekends, plus my sister's side of the family is beginning to annoy the++#% out of me

OP your a level 10 lame....you're reaching for racism where it doesn't exist.

stop being so sensitive, it's not that serious. if you aren't doing anything, you have nothing to worry about.

they're just trying to keep the area safe, maybe you just look suspect....

Sensitive? I don't even care, I have always been amused by it, especially since in this case dude doesn't even remember I used to be in his class.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

stop being so sensitive, it's not that serious. if you aren't doing anything, you have nothing to worry about.

you tell him to stop being "lame" and "looking for racism" then you re-state exactly what he said in his post that for somereason he looks "suspect" to people and therefore always has people watching is moves i.e. neighborhood watch. even if he ain't doing anythingwrong, he does have the right to atleast be annoyed that they choose for some reason to park in front of his home more often than not

Originally Posted by JuJu

you tell him to stop being "lame" and "looking for racism" then you re-state exactly what he said in his post that for some reason he looks "suspect" to people and therefore always has people watching is moves i.e. neighborhood watch. even if he ain't doing anything wrong, he does have the right to atleast be annoyed that they choose for some reason to park in front of his home more often than not
ehh, if he looks suspect he shouldn't be surprised people are watching him
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

And for argument's sake, what does a suspect look like?
Suspect is someone who looks like they're up to trouble. As to what that looks like, it depends from person to person. Listen, i didn'tmake the rules, that's just the way most people think. it is what it is...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

And for argument's sake, what does a suspect look like?
Suspect is someone who looks like they're up to trouble. As to what that looks like, it depends from person to person. Listen, i didn'tmake the rules, that's just the way most people think. it is what it is...

A couple days ago the same type thing happened to me for the first time in my life. I was in a whole foods picking up some steaks and for whatever reason thisrent a cop with a tremendous bowl cut rolls up and "subtly" follows me and my room mate around the store for like 15 minutes. It was wild, this guymust catch no criminals if he thought we were up to something.

Suspect is someone who looks like they're up to trouble. As to what that looks like, it depends from person to person. Listen, i didn't make the rules, that's just the way most people think. it is what it is...

This ol carlton banks the rules are for everyone lookin %%%........

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Suspect is someone who looks like they're up to trouble. As to what that looks like, it depends from person to person. Listen, i didn't make the rules, that's just the way most people think. it is what it is...

This ol carlton banks the rules are for everyone lookin %%%........

Rant is reminiscent of the one from the episode where Carlton and Will get stopped and jailed for "stealing" Phil's partner's car and drivingtoo slow.

"The system works!"
"Wouldn't you stop'em? I'd stop'em."

Back
Top Bottom