Neil DeGrasse Tyson's 'Disturbing Thought'

ghenges

Supporter
This is the most incredible and thought provoking thing you will see today.  It ties in with the new Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie. Neil DeGrasse Tyson
pimp.gif

Still waiting on the "Disturbing Thought" and profound words.
The religion of modern western science is truly hilarious. Christianity and Islam pale in comparison to this nonsense. 

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

The religion of modern western science is truly hilarious. Christianity and Islam pale in comparison to this nonsense. 

lulz

^
Same thing I said after watching that video.

You sound as though you asked out a good looking astrophysicist and she shot you down.  Care to elaborate with contrary profound words of your own, goldenchild9 with a small g?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My $%%$%ing hero, I have no idea what dude is talking about half the time but I sit around and contemplate the cosmos and existence like he does

Originally Posted by Ghenges

^

You sound as though you asked out a good looking astrophysicist and she shot you down.  Care to elaborate with contrary profound words of your own, goldenchild9 with a small g?

Nah, I'm good. 
If y'all found that mind blowing and profound..and couldn't hypothesize that "theory" with your own wits...

331zuh4.jpg

difference is that modern western science continually attacks and tests it's ideology to see what is wrong and what furthers evidence for said theories.. 
religion?...not so much.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

^

Nah, I'm good. 
If y'all found that mind blowing and profound..and couldn't hypothesize that "theory" with your own wits...

331zuh4.jpg

goldenchild9 with a small g passes on a opportunity to shine on us.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

goldenchild9 wrote:
difference is that modern western science continually attacks and tests it's ideology to see what is wrong and what furthers evidence for said theories.. 
religion?...not so much.

That doesn't make the millions of abandoned theories, which people treasured as the "scientific gospel" any less ludicrous or false.

And interpretations and understandings of religions are constantly being updated but of course those who seek to promote "western science" as the be all and end all of truth, will never recognize that.

Ghenges wrote:

Ghenges with the big G fails at sarcastic humor...again.
Why do you need someone to "shine on you"? 

Illuminate yourself. 

Thats the difference between those who are truly intelligent and scientific groupies that marvel over basic thought as demonstrated above.

Dude basically said that other life forms may be far more advanced than humans on Earth and you are owwing and ahhing. Have you watched a science fiction film in the last 40 years?

That was 
eek.gif
Thanks for sharing op.
Ideas like those are why I can't rock with religion.

Dude basically said that other life forms may be far more advanced than humans on Earth and you are owwing and ahhing. Have you watched a science fiction film in the last 40 years?
They made it a hot film, he made it a hot line.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

They made it a hot film, he made it a hot line.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ghenges wrote:

Ghenges with the big G fails at sarcastic humor...again.
Why do you need someone to "shine on you"? 

Illuminate yourself. 

Thats the difference between those who are truly intelligent and scientific groupies that marvel over basic thought as demonstrated above.

Not sure if someone pee'd in your cereal this morning or if you're one tick away from walking into a shopping mall with a loaded shotgun. 

Either way, you shouldn't get your nipples twisted over that vid, even if you think it's junk science.  You're angry at the vid.  You're angry at people's responses to the vid.  Seems like you woke up today looking for a reason to be angry.  Maybe you should go back to bed. 

Its true, he basically said that other lifeforms may be infinite times more advanced than us, which in and of itself isnt the greatest revelation. However, he broke it down with an excellent analogy that may help most people better understand and comprehend the enormous gap between our knowledge and that of an advanced species. I think it sinks in a little better the way he put it. He never claimed his "disturbing thought" was factual or set in stone. he basically wants you to think about it. and its def made me think. today will be a truly philosophical day 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

When all else fails, accuse the other person of being mad.
Didn't mean to derail the amazement in the thread. My fault. 

I'm off to go shoot up a mall.

Back
Top Bottom