NES Classic Mini re-releasing 6/29/18 retail $60

Need a mini Neo Geo
with legit controllers.

Pretty sure there is a Mini Neo Geo but it's designed like a tiny arcade cabinet. It does however have controller ports so you can use some gamepad re-issues.

Initial thoughts about it seem to be mixed though and there's some rumblings about the emulator literally being an open source one - with little to no in house development.

Last edited:
I think all retro consoles eventually will drop.

Let's hope ATGames doesn't develop them.

The sega mini they made is garbage.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee There's some rumblings that ATGames might still be handling the manufacturing and distribution of the SEGA mini joint as they don't have affiliates like Nintendo due to them being out of the hardware business for several years now.

Also SEGA might be handling the emulator development but that too may not be a good thing as their SEGA Classics collection on the PS3/PS4 has its flaws.

Kudos to Nintendo for doing these Mini/Classic joints correctly. Not only did they increase supply from the intial NES Mini launch but it was shown that they also fixed the emulator with the SNES Mini and updated it on the second NES Mini release.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee There's some rumblings that ATGames might still be handling the manufacturing and distribution of the SEGA mini joint as they don't have affiliates like Nintendo due to them being out of the hardware business for several years now.

Also SEGA might be handling the emulator development but that too may not be a good thing as their SEGA Classics collection on the PS3/PS4 has its flaws.

Kudos to Nintendo for doing these Mini/Classic joints correctly. Not only did they increase supply from the intial NES Mini launch but it was shown that they also fixed the emulator with the SNES Mini and updated it on the second NES Mini release.

I saw somebody post that Sega has some developers in Japan who will handle the new Sega mini.

Aren't they all cash grabs. We've had virtual console, collections and emulators for years.

It's really about creating a nostalgia package, which Nintendo has managed to succeed with. Admittedly, there was the supply/demand hype that really pushed the interest in the NES and SNES classic.

Aren't they all cash grabs. We've had virtual console, collections and emulators for years.

It's really about creating a nostalgia package, which Nintendo has managed to succeed with. Admittedly, there was the supply/demand hype that really pushed the interest in the NES and SNES classic.

I think stick stick is spot on about the PSX Mini being a pure cash grab with minimal effort.

SONY seems to think that these devices end up on displays, the 'Gram or tossed to the back of the closet so they create a 'mini' package but don't spend anything on actual software development to personalize the experience.

I'm not sure what the actual play rate of these devices is after a week or a month but that's no excuse to not give the user some display choices, etc...

As a smart savy consumer good thing i know what emulator is and half asz job Sony is doing.

But ill like to see what nintendo does with the mini 64 and pick my choices.

I had a 64 back in the 90s so they automatically may get my money.

The novelty in this isn’t the games, it’s the physical devices. They aren’t selling these with intentions of sitting down and playing for years

Correct. No one is disputing this and there's an 'ish ton of knock off 'retro junk' that's been on the market for years. SONY ain't no ATGames or some AliExpress knockoff and they are late to the 'mini' party. There's onus on them to make a decent attempt.

Playstation Mini looks like a half-assed attempt like that SNK arcade mini up top.

As a smart savy consumer good thing i know what emulator is and half asz job Sony is doing.

But ill like to see what nintendo does with the mini 64 and pick my choices.

I had a 64 back in the 90s so they automatically may get my money.

Nintendo's got a good track record so far. I think some of the N64 games were on the Wii 'Virtual Console' so it should be a similar experience if not better.

Correct. No one is disputing this and there's an 'ish ton of knock off 'retro junk' that's been on the market for years. SONY ain't no ATGames or some AliExpress knockoff and they are late to the 'mini' party. There's onus on them to make a decent attempt.
Gotta take into all the other ways to purchase games. They throw in the usual games and odds are they’ve already been bought by other means.

Last edited:
As someone who played a ton of N64 back in the day, I'll be honest and tell you that the games haven't aged well at all. The 2D games on the NES & SNES hold up far better over time.
That's good to know.

As someone who played a ton of N64 back in the day, I'll be honest and tell you that the games haven't aged well at all. The 2D games on the NES & SNES hold up far better over time.

The 3rd party ones mostly haven't aged well...........I'll still pick Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time (and Goldeneye) over some of today's games LOL

Back
Top Bottom