Netbook updated with pics =D

Asus gave us a few units to play around with a couple of weeks ago..

joint is solid
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

What is the appeal of a netbook?
Probably it's super small size. I can't lie though, I'm tempted to get one for typing documents on the go instead of getting anotherMacBook.

How well can netbooks run programs? I know it depends on specs., but can you run things like Word, Powerpoint, maybe even Photoshop? A review I read while agosaid netbooks couldn't really handle those kind of apps.

I HATE the Netbooks...

I like the way the Dell one looks quite a bit... but being a best buy employee and working in computers... I absolutely hate selling them. Impossible to attachon. And I feel like most people I sell them too buy them only because they are cheap, and are too cheap to buy a real computer.

My 13.3 Inch Macbook is small enough for me.. and if I had a netbook I wouldn't use it at all..

If you legitimately travel a lot and REALLY need something 3 pounds lighter.. but most people don't travel that much to need a Netbook...

i think some of you guys are expecting way too much from a netbook and see it as a laptop replacement. you will be very disappointed if you expect to use thisall the time over a laptop. basically a netbook is used for internet browsing and word processing, nothing too intense. itunes is fine but photoshop uses waytoo much resources. i wouldn't recommend writing long papers on these things since most netbooks do not have a full size keyboard. i had the dell mini 9and it gets difficult just typing a couple of sentences. but the larger netbooks in the 10-12" range usually have the larger keyboards so it gets a littleeasier.

the pros for the hp mini are the keyboard and screen. the pros for the dell mini is you can install osx (only for the dell mini 9 and 10v [not the regular 10,must be the newly released 10v]), quieter, and a little longer battery life. i believe the dell mini 9 is being discontinued though. both don't have thatgreat of a battery life though since they come with 3-4 cell batteries and other netbooks have 6 cells. hp mini has a different type of touchpad. the mousebuttons are the on sides of the touchpad to make room for the keyboard. you really can't go wrong with either one since the hardware inside is basicallythe same.

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

i had the dell mini 9 and it gets difficult just typing a couple of sentences. but the larger netbooks in the 10-12" range usually have the larger keyboards so it gets a little easier.
QFT. I think 12'' is good enough for me. Typing on a small little keyboard would only annoy me and lower my productivity.

acers are pure GARBAGE

sent mine back 3 times before warranty was out. now that warranty ran out i'm stuck with lots of unfixable problems
smh.gif

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

i think some of you guys are expecting way too much from a netbook and see it as a laptop replacement. you will be very disappointed if you expect to use this all the time over a laptop. basically a netbook is used for internet browsing and word processing, nothing too intense. itunes is fine but photoshop uses way too much resources. i wouldn't recommend writing long papers on these things since most netbooks do not have a full size keyboard. i had the dell mini 9 and it gets difficult just typing a couple of sentences. but the larger netbooks in the 10-12" range usually have the larger keyboards so it gets a little easier.

the pros for the hp mini are the keyboard and screen. the pros for the dell mini is you can install osx (only for the dell mini 9 and 10v [not the regular 10, must be the newly released 10v]), quieter, and a little longer battery life. i believe the dell mini 9 is being discontinued though. both don't have that great of a battery life though since they come with 3-4 cell batteries and other netbooks have 6 cells. hp mini has a different type of touchpad. the mouse buttons are the on sides of the touchpad to make room for the keyboard. you really can't go wrong with either one since the hardware inside is basically the same.
thats right up my alley, all i need is itunes and the net. i have my school laptop that i do all my work on but they make us check them in overthe summer so i am assed out and don't have a computer in the meantime. i think i am gonna get one of the samsungs.

Back
Top Bottom