Netflix's Last Chance U (Season 3 Out Now)

I still think they should've stayed in Indy and filmed the new coach. They actually did well if I'm not mistaken. But this looks good, sucks it will only be one season there tho.

As much as I like Basketball, I'm not that interested in juco bball. Seems like there are better juco prospects in football imo. I will still watch tho >D
I would agree, with basketball it seems like guys usually don't slip through the cracks or even if they have academic issues their Freshman year they can either go into the draft, play overseas and now guys can bypass the NCAA entirely stateside with the G League contracts.

I feel like the Juco super hyped prospects ended with Qyntel Woods when they were comparing him to T-Mac going into the draft, remember before him there was Kedrick Brown, Shawn Kemp etc.

Gotdamn that Cali juco life real. One of the best times in my life. I got life time friends during that time. Heart goes out to the kid dior man, great kid.
Another thing idk why Cali juco’s say national champs when they only play Cali schools.

Just catching it, Dior's pops did him dirty. I don't think some parents realize how harsh their punishment is for nothing and the long lasting impact. I used to be rough on my nephews but I started thinking about like for example yo it's a spill, it'll clean up, what is the point of being so harsh about that?

Couple episodes in... It's pretty good so far. Obviously not as dramatic and over the top this season and that's fine. It's just a well shot and well made show.

1 thing i noticed and just makes no sense/bugs me ...

Why are they calling them national champs? If they got footage from the state ship, wheres the national one. Then found out there wasnt one :stoneface: so how they nat'l champs then?

:smh:

Soon as they started telling us how ole boy was #1 corner and like top #5 in the nation I knew we were bout to see him get roasted. Dude got mad cuz the ref told him he wasnt his babysitter, came back with his ranking and google me. Toast on the next play :rofl: - so he the new Malik

RJ gonna get hyped up after 1 game

Kenny said he was the best QB on the team, Dior said hold my beer :lol:

1 thing i noticed and just makes no sense/bugs me ...

Why are they calling them national champs? If they got footage from the state ship, wheres the national one. Then found out there wasnt one :stoneface: so how they nat'l champs then?

:smh:

Soon as they started telling us how ole boy was #1 corner and like top #5 in the nation I knew we were bout to see him get roasted. Dude got mad cuz the ref told him he wasnt his babysitter, came back with his ranking and google me. Toast on the next play :rofl: - so he the new Malik

RJ gonna get hyped up after 1 game

Kenny said he was the best QB on the team, Dior said hold my beer :lol:
Junior College football is very regionalized. There are dozens of junior college organizations throughout the country and different states have different junior college rules (some states can offer full scholarships and others can't, some schools can offer scholarships to out-of-state schools, others can't, etc) There really is no real national champion in junior college, it's more like a mythical national championship

Junior College football is very regionalized. There are dozens of junior college organizations throughout the country and different states have different junior college rules (some states can offer full scholarships and others can't, some schools can offer scholarships to out-of-state schools, others can't, etc) There really is no real national champion in junior college, it's more like a mythical national championship

I guess i based it off us being in the NJCAA when i was in juco baseball. We played a state tourney and state winners advanced to World Series which crowned nat'l champs. Figured it was all relatively the same like NCAA (FBS/FCS) D1/2/3 or NAIA etc

I just got done watching the season and I really enjoyed it. Coach Beam seems like a good dude who's genuinely invested in his player's success on and off the field.

Dior's relationship with his dad was heartbreaking. His father wasn't trying to discipline his son, he was trying to humiliate him purposefully. The worst part about it is that their relationship is mendable, You just have two guys who refuse to apologize and let their guard down. Dior's Dad has a place for him to stay and because his father's a veteran, he can go to any public school in California for free (Cal, UCLA, SDSU, etc) and he still chooses to go to community College and sleep in his car. If I'm Dior, even if I hate my dad I'm still using my resources. 🤷🏿‍♂️

This that real JUCO life, not that D1 on a budget stuff from past seasons that represents less than 1% of JUCO programs. This season is a bunch of marginally talented kids trying to get it out the mud.

Past seasons made for more entertaining television imo, but I really enjoyed the rawness and authenticity this season brought us.

Particularly enjoyed the second half of the season when they really tackled some of the social commentary and off the field issues well.

The contrast between Coach Brown and Coach Beam is crazy. Brown a completely fraud coach coach, just a charlatan that made for great TV. Beam a real coach, flaws and all, that maybe don't make for as entertaining clips and soundbites.

This season was pretty underwhelming to me as a whole.
For me it was just different and frankly I preferred it. As a big college football fan, I knew a lot of the guys on the prior seasons because they were bounced back players from top schools trying to get another shot at major college football. Also, the prior seasons had the allure of winning big. This season was just about the grind of trying to survive and make a better life for yourself. These kids weren't entitled kids who feel like they're too good to be in JUCO.

Also, like people have mentioned, coach beam isn't as "made for TV" as the prior coaches. I liked the fact that the drama wasn't with the head coach.

The NJCAA Champ is the national champ for juco football. I believe Cali is the only state with their own juco system.

I thought KS juco football life was tough. As bad as the facilities were at least those kids have dorms and semi decent facilities. Sheez these Cali kids gotta commute and homie sleeping in his car. Mad respect to those Laney kids.
I like this Coach Beem. Seems like a good dude.

I thought KS juco football life was tough. As bad as the facilities were at least those kids have dorms and semi decent facilities. Sheez these Cali kids gotta commute and homie sleeping in his car. Mad respect to those Laney kids.
I like this Coach Beem. Seems like a good dude.

Laney has some kind of housing, they mentioned it to Dior. I think just the players they highligted stayed off campus and had to commute. Assuming the cost of living on campus was too much compared to just driving or taking the train

Edit: Googled and didnt find anything specific to actual dorms, maybe its close to campus housing/apartments they set people up with

Indy and EMCC looked like typical juco dorms. Hell mine in juco actually were smaller i think. Everyone shared a room unless you happened to have a roommate quit/move out. Usually they try fill that spot asap or by the next semester

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.20.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.21.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.21.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.22.09 PM.png

are we gonna sit here and pretend she isn't a MILF?
She
Was
Fine
As
Hell.

#BowsStories: Dior Scott - Life After Last Chance U - University of Hawai'i at Manoa Athletics

Binge watched all of this during peak pandemic lockdown loved every minute of it

Stephens definitely seemed like a highly ego driven guy that didn’t really care for his players and just wanted to win at all costs.

JB def used that in from the hood badge to his advantage but I didn’t get any racist vibes from him. Thing I hated the most was how he did the receiver marquise dirty at the end of the season.

both coaches from the first 2 seasons were really horrible only thing that saves buddy is that he knows his football. Every episode dudes is saying “you can go home” that stuff is weak. Maybe once in a blue u play that card but every game or practice?
Coach beam is the best dude in the series so far. Genuinely cares for his guys and is able to get thru to them on the field as well. I’m not a football guy so idk about his knowledge of the game but he didn’t have a kid on his team hate his guts like the other two. Dude was a breath of fresh air.

Juco hoops. Now this has my interest. Even though I have feeling it will be same shenanigans as football.

Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of juco success stories but when I was coaching that was the very, very last option I would suggest to a kid.

Back
Top Bottom