Nets to Brooklyn = 2011

[h1][/h1]
[h1]New Jersey Nets move to Brooklyn "will happen" in 2011[/h1]
The New Jersey Nets will definitely move to a yet-to-be-built Brooklyn stadium for the 2011-12 season, said the NBA team's Chief Executive Officer.

According to Bloomberg, Brett Yormark said the team will overcome economic concerns and legal opposition to move to the $1 billion arena designed by architect Frank Gehry.

In January, team-owner Bruce Ratner said he may scale back some of the costlier designs for the stadium in the current economic situation. Last month a New York appeals court upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit over the state's environmental review of potential problems, including traffic, crowds and terrorism, however the project still faces a lawsuit over New York's right to demolish more than a dozen properties.

"It will happen," Yormark said in an interview for Bloomberg Television. "We'll be there for the 2011-2012 season. We've pre-sold 20 per cent of our suites. We've got eight of our 14 founding partnerships already completely signed. Next week, we'll announce our ninth."

"We feel very confident about the financing. We feel very confident about just the project in general, and once we get through this final piece of litigation, we'll be in the accelerated mode to break ground and get ready to open."

UK-based back Barclays bought the naming rights to the arena in January 2007, adding in November 2008 that it was "unwavering in its commitment" to the project.

Brooklyn has not had a major professional sports team since baseball's Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1957.

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/169026/new-jersey-nets-move-brooklyn-“will-happen”-2011

"It will happen," Yormark said in an interview for Bloomberg Television. "We'll be there for the 2011-2012 season. We've pre-sold 20 per cent of our suites. We've got eight of our 14 founding partnerships already completely signed. Next week, we'll announce our ninth."
forward contracting, derivatives and options in business is really somethin else...20% pre sold suites already!...nice but extremely risky way tobuild reserves and gain investment...but anyway i think its a good move for Brooklyn, will ultimately help uplift is landscape, economy and surroundings andultimately Jay-Z will be super happy
happy.gif
.....waitin to see what a newalternate uniform would be like now, all thse plans, just like the forward contracts/options am sure are in the works

Even tho I like them the Nets are a traveling, nomadic team. They roam from city to city, never really establishing themselves anywhere. They have a few badseasons, some good then they leave with little to nothing to show for it. Even back to the ABA days of Dr. J they moved around I think. My guess is thatthey'll lather, rinse, repeat in BK.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Even tho I like them the Nets are a traveling, nomadic team. They roam from city to city, never really establishing themselves anywhere. They have a few bad seasons, some good then they leave with little to nothing to show for it. Even back to the ABA days of Dr. J they moved around I think. My guess is that they'll lather, rinse, repeat in BK.
laugh.gif
huh?

History
New Jersey Americans
1967-1968
New York Nets
1968-1977
New Jersey Nets
1977-present

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Even tho I like them the Nets are a traveling, nomadic team. They roam from city to city, never really establishing themselves anywhere. They have a few bad seasons, some good then they leave with little to nothing to show for it. Even back to the ABA days of Dr. J they moved around I think. My guess is that they'll lather, rinse, repeat in BK.
laugh.gif
huh?
Yeah, kept the name essentially but switched home courts frequently.

[h2]Home Courts[/h2][table][tr][th=""]Arena[/th] [th=""]Years[/th] [th=""]Notes[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Teaneck Armory[/td] [td]1967-1968[/td] [td]New Jersey Americans (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Long Island Arena[/td] [td]1968-1969[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Island Garden[/td] [td]1969-1971[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nassau Coliseum[/td] [td]1971-1976[/td] [td]New York Nets (ABA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nassau Coliseum[/td] [td]1976-1977[/td] [td]New York Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louis Brown (Rutgers University) Athletic Center[/td] [td]1977-1981[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brendan Byrne Arena[/td] [td]1981-1996[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Continental Airlines Arena[/td] [td]1996-2007[/td] [td]Formerly Brendan Byrne Arena[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Izod Center[/td] [td]2007-present[/td] [td]Formerly Continental Airlines Arena[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets (NBA)[/td] [/tr][/table]
The last 2 are the same.

Cool stuff. Never been to Brooklyn, but sports teams usually spur economic development and sustainability. Provided the team gets another big name next toDevin Harris and Yi (won't necessarily be hard either with the attraction NYC gives), they should be good to go.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Traffic Downtown BK is gonna be nuts
i dont think it'll be bad as the Bronx or Queens before/after a baseball game

laugh.gif
Your not serious...Its gonna be 10X worse.

Think about it,most people coming to the arena are gonna be using main roads to get there/back home.

This is all bad. How are you gonna move an arena in between several residential communities? This is going to affect the area in a negative way imo.

^lol...true....and maybe a governmental regeneration project analysis. "Discuss the hypothesis that the New Jersey Nets move to Brooklyn is positive"

Most take the trains/buses to Mets or Yankees games. I don't know if there are as much available forms of PT where the stadium's gonna be.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Most take the trains/buses to Mets or Yankees games. I don't know if there are as much available forms of PT where the stadium's gonna be.
Yeah there are. Downtown Brooklyn around Atlantic & Pacific/Flatbush is a big hub for buses, the NYC Subway as well as the LIRR.

Um, I do not care if they move to brooklyn or anything (just will not have season tickets)

But, there is still a court case pending on those individuals who live in the area where the "project" is taking place.

Nothing will be set in stone till then and the Nets, especially Yorkman have been saying this because not only for the sponsors at the new arena, but the onesat Izod that were promised space at the new arena in brooklyn if they came to Jersey.

I have made it known before that my dad is a Captain in the FDNY and works in Metro Tech where Ratners operations are. They have had nothing but problems andfrom the people I know thanks to my dad, This court case is a big deal.

Just keep in mind that the Nets are trying to save face somewhat with there sponsors and the two games at the Prudential Center Next year for the twopre-season games will be big for the Nets. Even though Brett Yorkman says what he does, take it as Rod Thorn saying that we will not trade Vince Carter at thetrade Deadline (and we all saw what happened this year with the attempts they made)

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Um... 99.9% of ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION RUNS THROUGH ATLANTIC AVENUE...

Almost every train in the 5 Boroughs stops there. If not, you won't have to transfer from more than one train. As far as traffic goes you'll probablysee a bulk of it coming from the BQE/Belt pkwy, BK bridge and the Manhattan bridge especially going down Flatbush ave ext (maybe even 4th Ave.).

Back
Top Bottom