New Asian Basketball League in SOCAL 626 !

Superstarbasketball.org is where its at. Great players, class acts, and overall good competition.
TEAM 909 x Soul Assassins x GreyOne Army
2220 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena
626.683.7500 Tell em AirMag sent ya

i ball at the la habra/la mirada 24!
"The principles of true hip-hop have been forsaken
It's all contractual and about money makin
Pretend-to-be cats don't seem to know they limitation
Exact replication and false representation"

rocky why u hating? let em have his chinito league
"Im gonna be that seed that doesnt need much to succeed,
strapped with mad greed, and a heart that doesnt bleed"
-DMX

Quote:
I think you're missing the point of these leagues. It serves a more functional purpose such as keeping Asian American communities tight knit, rather being purely about basketball. I'm not speaking for all leagues but this is usually the agenda from the creators of these large and successful Asian American leagues.

Article about Asian American Leagues

Maybe this would change your point of view.

And not everyone can be 5'7" and drop 25+ on 6 feet and taller dudes. We're not like you Mr. Asian Jordan.

8)
glasses.gif

Did you even read the article?

It is NOT about discriminating against other races. You make it seem as if the Asian American league is the only league in town. Rather, this is an outlet for the Asian American community to gather and play basketball. Maybe a social outlet for the parent's of the youth to mingle and build tighter knit communities. Again, this is not about basketball. Like I said, try to look at it as a more functional purpose in the greater society with different ethnicities. You thinking that this is about racial segregation is ignorant. I see this as no different than a black student union on a college campus or an East Indian club.

Quote:
how many responses has this ASIAN ONLY LEAGUE received? (2 8)
glasses.gif

and
how many responses has another thread that is NOT LIMITED TO ONLY ASIANS received? (134)

As yes, I am wrong. The people have spoken. Because NT represents the outside world right? Please.

Also, I posted the article as a way to offer you a different insight on these Asian American leagues. I was in no way attacking you and you seemed really offended by it. I don't consider myself self righteous at all, but more of a person that can appreciate anything that boosts ethnic pride whether you're African American, Asian American, Indian American, etc. I feel it's important to have a collective ethnic identity for our communities.

some of yall are catchin feelings in here. Its not that big of a deal.
Quote:
rocky why u hating? let em have his chinito league
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ your ignorance

NT REFS:Jfreak23 ,ahliang119,sneakapimpz, eye of hazel,a bathing chuck, moonrokk,pcp123,iwearairjordan ,jua17oi3,OBE4sick,dabirdman310,j23t.use tvvism,y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723,XI SHINE XI,heyitsdexter, s0lexstatus,Solefanatic23,bmats23,aznjackie724,SunDOOBIE, etc Mon3yliciousx8Mon3yliciousx8@yahoo.com

oh what, darin whatsup! its max from the nisei week tournament. played on the same team as you with peter n ty. didn't know you were a NTer. whats good overseas?

Quote:
Did you even read the article?

It is NOT about discriminating against other races. You make it seem as if the Asian American league is the only league in town.

what other Asian American league is even worth mentioning?

Quote:
Rather, this is an outlet for the Asian American community to gather and play basketball. Maybe a social outlet for the parent's of the youth to mingle and build tighter knit communities. Again, this is not about basketball.

:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Like I said, try to look at it as a more functional purpose in the greater society with different ethnicities. You thinking that this is about racial segregation is ignorant. I see this as no different than a black student union on a college campus or an East Indian club

it is segregational. there are already a number of people who viewed/replied to this thread only to be let down that they aren't allowed to play because they are not Asian. man, even amongst Asians there are separations too- Filipinos, Koreans, Cambodians, etc...so how are they going to be culturally aware? where is the time for that?

its point simple man. people join basketball leagues to guess what? play basketball.

Quote:
Also, I posted the article as a way to offer you a different insight on these Asian American leagues. I was in no way attacking you and you seemed really offended by it. I don't consider myself self righteous at all, but more of a person that can appreciate anything that boosts ethnic pride whether you're African American, Asian American, Indian American, etc. I feel it's important to have a collective ethnic identity for our communities.

have you ever participated in any Asian only leagues? there is nothing that caters to preserve an Asian culture thru bball. i dont see any monetary contributions made to communities Asian and non-Asian alike. i don't see any recognition made to by those leagues nor sponsers from Asian-only owned businesses.

and its purposeless for you to cite that example of a Black Student Union or East Indian Club because obviously you're wrong once again.

At USC, I was part of a Filipino organization called Troy Phi and never in their BY LAWS have they stated that membership is limited to Filipinos only. We had African Americans, Mexicans, Indians, Japanese, Caucasians, etc enrolled. I've also participated in their respective cultural clubs as well and they never turned me away for being non-(insert ethnicity here) - never in their BY LAWS have they stated that either.

like you said, its to raise cultural awareness but im talking bball here. if parents wanna mingle, go to a schools open house or join the PTA. if you wanna learn about your culture, go take a class, join a cultural group that focuses on actually learning about your culture, but you telling me that this is not simple segregation? get real, something must be segregated in your head.

Quote:
some of yall are catchin feelings in here. Its not that big of a deal.
bold

this post is way to good to let go. Asian league. LOL. I love it when people call me racist because I say im happy to be white.
Brown pride - nice
Black power - word
white pride - KKK

I think sha77er s7ar has proven great points and to add more BS to his postings would just be going around the same circle. He has made points and proven his knowledge - let it go.

and for the haters I have played in the following leagues:
some filipino league like 5 years ago
pac rim
and superstar.

by far the mix of superstar is way better than any other league out there. My team is mexican, asian and black. but i guess me being the ******** in Kali - im the minority on the team.

If somebody is bored enough they should sue for discrimination.

Just saw this thread and I think Rocky hit most of the main points......

However I saw this:

Quote:
I see this as no different than a black student union on a college campus or an East Indian club.
Man it's so HARD not to act reckless
TEAM RAVENS
Lewis - Scott - Stills - Suggs - Reed - Landry - McAlister - Rolle - Pryce - Ngata - Johnson​

Back
Top Bottom