New Asian Basketball League in SOCAL 626 !

hey guys, i'm putting a basketball league together in SOCAL 626 , if you and your boys team is looking for some recreational basketball or tough competition, i got a perfect league for you. This league will be fairly cheap compare to PACRIM, CHINESEBALLERS, MOFUFOS and other league around

the site is www.asian-hoops.net

i've always wondered why certain leagues are limited to "asian only" like pac rim or ABA (asian basketball association)

bball skill is bball skill regardless of skin color. would it be cool if it was "whites only"? "blacks only"? what kinda backward discriminant bball league are you running? smh.

SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG
I'll win hands down like it was 6:30​

i played in one of these "leagues" (i'm hardly a baller), most of them are all ringers lol.

reason why there are asian basketball league is because of size issues, we made it because asians tend to be wanting to keep it competitive within its own size, if you are 5'9 , you wouldn't want to be in a league with almost every guy being 6'3 would you ?

it's true that talent is talent
and you can only step your game+skills up by playing w/peeps better than you. (goes for many sports+activities)

but, imo, there is a place for "restricted" leagues.
it might not sound pc, but it's no fun for super duper ballers, esp mongo-sized ones to be mowing over "normal" sized folks, and it's no picnic for the less height blessed folks to get manhandled all the time.
even w/talent levels being equal or close, you can't overcome massive size across the board/roster......don't give me that speed >>>> size thing either cuz most good ballers w/size have more than decent speed/quickness too.

anyways, no need to **** up dude's thread. don't wanna participate in his league, keep it moving. there are a bunch of others out there.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

Quote:
reason why there are asian basketball league is because of size issues, we made it because asians tend to be wanting to keep it competitive within its own size, if you are 5'9 , you wouldn't want to be in a league with almost every guy being 6'3 would you ?
Quote:
"Dudes jihaded the whip."
"Welcome to NT - HateCentral of the net."

why the hate for? geez.... oh wait my bad niketalk = hatetalk

whats the % that you have to asian?

Quote:
SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG

I'm asian and have been playing in an asian league bball league my entire life. It was how I was introduced to the game of basketball. I think many asians in the socal area started off in asian league. It was the first form of organized basketball offered to kids as young as kindergarten. These asian leagues started off catered to the youth to get them started and build their fundamentals so that they can become ready for the next level whatever that may be. I think its success caught on quick for all ages which is why they still are so popular today. Personally I think they're great.

Is it wrong to discriminate? Yeah, I would say so but let's get some of the facts straight about asian leagues. I've seen asians as short as 5 ft and as tall as 7 ft in these asian leagues so height is not really the issue. Skillwise varies so much. You've got people from those that could barely dribble to college-level ballers. I've played in all sorts of leagues growing up (NJB, AAU, CYC, NAU, high school) not to mention just playing pick-up games all over the place. There is no dispute that in general asians are undersized compared to the majority of basketball players. However, I think that is not much of an excuse as I have seemed to get by on basketball smarts, footwork, and just playing aggressive. My teams have been predominatly asian and we've been pretty successful competing. Nonetheless there were games that we simply just got blown out. It's all good though.

Sha77er S7ar, I respect your opinion on the discriminating principle of the idea of an "asian league". However, I don't want you to hate all asian leagues because many of the ones I've been a part of actually allow a certain limit of non-asian players for each team. Ironically I've played in many japanese leagues which require a certain amount of japanese players on each team with a limit on non-japanese. I could make a case that that is racist against all other asian ethnicities such as Chinese. However, I think it all evens out. If there were restricted leagues for other ethnicities I don't think people would be so mad. Many basketball players play in multiple leagues which keeps the game fresh and fun. We're all granted a freedom of speech/choice which should be respected even if disagreed with.

high prices ?...i've personally played in 3 different asian leagues myself and i paid 350 or more.....please get the fact straight

Asian Basketball Association is $365 and $240 for ref fees.
Not that much more compared to your league. I am interested in playing, so maybe you can answer a few questions instead of getting so defensive.

^ if they are still using the same refs from a couple years ago, that is $240 wasted.

sorry, i just have so much pent up hatred towards that sham of a league (ABA).
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Quote:
How many games? And what do the winners receive?

I would also like to know.

A lot of leagues right now are around the $600 range. I miss those $400 leagues..

The only thing left is the City Rec leagues which is only about $375 (no ref fees) for 10 games.

WANTED: UNDFTD AF1, Stash AF1, Stussy Court Force. Sz 8.5-9.5

WORST AIRBALL EVER. FUNNY STUFF

Quote:
we made it because asians tend to be wanting to keep it competitive within its own size, if you are 5'9 , you wouldn't want to be in a league with almost every guy being 6'3 would you
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
The Greatest Franchise in NFL History​

if you have questions about the league, do not post commment here, email to the mod on teh website, winner will receive T-shirts possibly a big trophy , the 300 dollars guarantee you 10 games w/o ref fee

Quote:
I'm asian and have been playing in an asian league bball league my entire life. It was how I was introduced to the game of basketball. I think many asians in the socal area started off in asian league. It was the first form of organized basketball offered to kids as young as kindergarten. These asian leagues started off catered to the youth to get them started and build their fundamentals so that they can become ready for the next level whatever that may be. I think its success caught on quick for all ages which is why they still are so popular today. Personally I think they're great.

Is it wrong to discriminate? Yeah, I would say so but let's get some of the facts straight about asian leagues. I've seen asians as short as 5 ft and as tall as 7 ft in these asian leagues so height is not really the issue. Skillwise varies so much. You've got people from those that could barely dribble to college-level ballers. I've played in all sorts of leagues growing up (NJB, AAU, CYC, NAU, high school) not to mention just playing pick-up games all over the place. There is no dispute that in general asians are undersized compared to the majority of basketball players. However, I think that is not much of an excuse as I have seemed to get by on basketball smarts, footwork, and just playing aggressive. My teams have been predominatly asian and we've been pretty successful competing. Nonetheless there were games that we simply just got blown out. It's all good though.

Sha77er S7ar, I respect your opinion on the discriminating principle of the idea of an "asian league". However, I don't want you to hate all asian leagues because many of the ones I've been a part of actually allow a certain limit of non-asian players for each team. Ironically I've played in many japanese leagues which require a certain amount of japanese players on each team with a limit on non-japanese. I could make a case that that is racist against all other asian ethnicities such as Chinese. However, I think it all evens out. If there were restricted leagues for other ethnicities I don't think people would be so mad. Many basketball players play in multiple leagues which keeps the game fresh and fun. We're all granted a freedom of speech/choice which should be respected even if disagreed with.
ing it up?

What if...
I can show you a better league that actually offers you the play on three different levels according to skill and not RACE?
-yes you make the decision, not your ethnicity that allows you to settle for whatever's available.
A league that keeps individual player stats? (points, boards, assists, blocks, FT, three pointers)
A league that actually recognizes you if you made a game winning shot? scored the most in a ball game?
A league that has writers who actually watch your ball game and give reviews and recaps?
A league that keeps teams updated and ranked according to the strength of their schedule?
How about a much more better looking website?
DJs during the games?
The chance to cop some customized jerseys and not the ovepriced trash you get from Chicks Sporting Goods?
How about a Banquet to recognize MVPs, ROTY, GM of the year, etc? Dunk Contest? 3 Point Contest? All Star Game? Pod Cast? Realtime Interviews?
same platform, different genders...
And for the females, how about a women's division?
And for the kids, how about a children's division?

Would you be able to handle that?

www.superstarbasketball.org

I didn't even know but I spotted AirMag playing for one of the teams as well...

Theres always going to bigger, faster, quicker, stronger athletes than you in any sport. Thats how you get better, playing with people that are more gifted. But whatever floats yall boats.... Use your disadvantages to your advantage..
City of SD "Klack Klack Klack Klack Klack"
teamautobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

innovazn when do you usually ball at ch24
Oh yeah, I'm posting from my sidekick and you just read my sig.

Back
Top Bottom