NEW BTTYS 2008 SERIES. SMH.

It's a cool idea, but I much rather just have a pair that actually looks new before Iwear them. The good thing is, if you get tired of them, you can always return them. Since they look used before you buy them, no one can really prove youwore them(unless they're creased majorly).

I was so excited, only to see they were f'd up.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Who thinks this is a good idea?
these would be so sweet with nice clean materials. instead they suck.

Nike knows that the well schooled (get it?) sneakerhead is not really gonna go for these.
Heck, most already know all about the BTTYS SB drops and probably know where to get a pair
of DS Goldenrods if you really want a crispy set up. Even the earlier non-SB collegiate colors are
around if you look.

These are trend driven. Check out Urban Outfitters and other trend shops.
The mass public are gonna eat these up just like the other vintage runners from the running company line.

We are a very small voice in the big picture. Some great ideas out there but not for 90% of the customer base and market.

vintage is in guys... look at the cortez/waffles/etc. that released with the vintage treatment... I don't hate these at all... the vintage treatment ismuch more subtle, OG colorways, and NYLON TONGUES!!!... from a distance i'm sure you wouldn't even be able to see the minimal "broken-in leather,ollie scars, weathered foam"... this is not THAT bad...

-jester

you know they kinda look cool, sure the others look better being brand new and crispy, but these aren't that bad as some of you make it seem to be.

Originally Posted by mheftman

vintage treatment such as broken-in leather, ollie scars, weathered foam and stained laces.
i.e. - things i DONT wont on my shoes.
Yeah, that's not really cool at all. First the SB's have suede instead of leather, mesh instead of nylon....and then they decide to usethe right materials and this happens. I guess you can buy them and clean them up?

I have this feeling that just like the SB BTTYS's I'm still going to end up with them because I love the colors soo much....plus that damn nylontongue.

Many of those vintage looking runners they released a few months back have already been put on sale and also most, if not all, have been RTV'd (returned toNike).

If people opine about creasing, scuffing, scaring, and wearing weathered shoes...what in the flaming hell is Nike thinking about with retroing a shoe inalready busted condition. It's like buying those overly destroyed jeans for 300 bucks because they look vintage. You either buy vintage or turn somethingnew into vintage there is no inbetween. Nike has to have the dumbest marketing agents in life. Y not use different materials like patent leather or suede,nubuck, 3M, i dunno something to put a twist on a classic shoe while helping it maintain it's retro flair. Here's an idea release the pack as it waswhen it first came out...that might work, too. If I was in administration for Nike I'd fire half of the designers and marketing teams and hire fresh newpeople that were actually in touch with the cultures they are exploiting. Same with JB...all those guys need to be fired. Nike is about to make it uncool towear Nikes. They are like they were in the late 70's completely outta touch with the demographics that matter the most. Flippin idiots!!!
Vintage is in, Guys
First off, anything fabric (nylon, mesh, canvas, etc) look good with that vintage look because them being worn and tattered doesn't damage thelook or the actual performance of shoe. When the eff has it ever been cool to buy pre scuffed shoes? If a dude goes into a FINL and sees that the dunks in thebox are scuffed he's going to ask for another pair or a discount on the pair he's looking at. Dude you want a pair of vintage BTTYS?! I gotta pair ofSt. John's size 11.5 with scuffs creases and red paint bleeding all on the midsole u can Buy them joints now for 3000 dollars. I'm not gonna pay for apair of shoes that looks worn before I GET TO WHERE THEM...that's as dumb as paying more money for a used car than a brand new with no mileage...

The vintage look is not in. I really don't want a pair of my shoes looking f'd up straight out of the box either. What separates us sneakerheadsis that we take pride in keeping our kicks looking brand new after years of wear. Also, did anyone notice from the pics on HB that all the weatheredparts/scuffs are on the exact same spots on all the shoes?? LAME!!! If this was such a special release couldn't Nike step it up and make sure that allthese kicks went through a better process to make everyshoe a little different when if comes to the "vintage" look?? As much as I'm hating onthese and as dissapointed as I am, I will probibly cop the michigans and syracuse because they are my grail colors. At least I can wear these and save myBTTYS SB's, and my retro's. What else is Nike gonna "f" up???

Didnt nike sb already bring back the BTTYS dunks.....? Seems to me nike is just tryna milk all the retros even more.

Back
Top Bottom