New Detroit Lions uniforms, logo coming out soon?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/03/new_lions_uniforms_and_logo_co.html
[h1]New Lions uniforms, logo coming out soon?[/h1] [h3]by Tom Kowalski[/h3]
[h3]Tuesday March 10, 2009, 9:00 AM[/h3]

The Detroit Lions have been very secretive about their plans for the draft and free agency, but they're being just as coy about their plans to change the team uniforms and logo.

However, veteran defensive tackle Grady Jackson, during a radio interview Monday night, let something out of the bag.
http://
Jackson, who recently signed as a free agent and probably didn't realize the Lions wanted to keep their new uniforms and logo a secret for awhile, made a comment about how he liked the Lions' new look, including a remark that he liked the "new colors.'' This morning, I contacted a Lions official who wouldn't say a word about the possibility of new uniforms or logo but it appears unlikely the team would change its colors.

Meanwhile, the Lions' official online store is having a blowout sale to clear out all of their remaining gear with the old logo. Some items are marked down 80 percent. With the old stuff gone, the Lions are going to need to stock those empty shelves with new merchandise. The question now is: How soon will they unveil it?

The Lions have a news conference scheduled for this afternoon with coach Jim Schwartz, but I was told it has nothing to do with the uniforms and logo.

Trying to put that 0-16 and everything involved with it in the past, are we?

Might as well just burn everything that has been associated with that franchise...

nerd.gif
C.Johnson authentics on sale?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

look at the Rays, they had a terrible franchise career, switched the unis, go to the WS that season

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by JPZx

look at the Rays, they had a terrible franchise career, switched the unis, go to the WS that season
horrible logic...rays have changed their unis 20 times in 5 years

They do need to just completely change their identity and now is as good a time as ever to start. Get rid of those lame uniforms. They are 26-70 in them.

Seriously I hope this rumor ends up being true

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

They do need to just completely change their identity and now is as good a time as ever to start. Get rid of those lame uniforms. They are 26-70 in them.

Seriously I hope this rumor ends up being true

It is true, its no longer a rumor.

They nchanged their uniforms like 5-6 years ago. Like duke said, maybe they wanna burn everything associated with that 0-16 season. Ah well. I don't likethe sound of new colors. That hue of blue is the Lions.

The Lions are one of those teams that have classic uniforms along with the Chiefs, Packers, etc. I know they made some minor changes a few years ago, but itwasn't anything major. Hopefully they stick with their classic look...

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Jaguars uniforms.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

The Lions are one of those teams that have classic uniforms along with the Chiefs, Packers, etc. I know they made some minor changes a few years ago, but it wasn't anything major. Hopefully they stick with their classic look...

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Jaguars uniforms.

I know I hope they still have a classic feel. I hope they dont have any junk around the shoulders like it seems every other new uniform has.

Back
Top Bottom