New Girl Appreciation Thread Vol. I can't read a ruler

I'm good with one more and ending it. I don't want it to be a how I met your mother

Not gonna lie began crying a little for Schmidt and Cece

Last edited:
Eh, no way this will be like HIMYM. There nothing else were anticipating with the show.

They may have a shot of just having fun bonkers adventures for another few seasons.

I hope it comes back for another season, but if this was the end they did a great job. 

I think they ready to wrap up this series or at least they should right now imo. Whenever the will they won't they couple finally gets together the show risk losing some of their audience.
I still can't see how Cece and shmith are already married and having a kid?? Their story is done. Their own roommates question their existence. Lol.
Winston has been the MVP the last couple of seasons and even his story is wrapped up.
Go out on somewhat top is the better option.

[h1]‘New Girl’ Renewed for Seventh and Final Season on Fox[/h1]
New Girl” has been renewed on Fox  for a seventh season, which will be the show’s last, Variety  has learned.

Sources say that the show will return for a shortened eight-episode run for its final season. Fox declined to comment.

“New Girl” did not bring in big numbers its past season, but the show is an important property to Fox, being owned by 20th Century Fox TV and having made rich syndication deals over the years at TBS, MTV and Netflix. The show is Fox’s longest-running live-action comedy on the air, having debuted in 2011. Insiders say the renewal was up in the air, but the network and studio want more episodes.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/new-girl-season-7-renewed-fox-1202419231/

Created by Liz Meriwether, “New Girl” stars Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris and Hannah Simon

We all knew it was going to happen. This show will continue to live on in reruns tho and may become more popular with time.

Hope they give them 8 hour long episodes to wrap it up nicely.

New Girl Season 7 premieres Tuesday, April 10 at 9:30/8:30c and ends with a special one-hour series finale Tuesday, May 15 at 9/8c.

New Girl's Final Season Finally Has a Premiere Date
New Girl could have ended with its Season 6 finale, which worked as a series finale but also set up the potential to continue the story with a time jump. But Fox was benevolent and allowed it to come back for an eight-episode final season, which premieres April 10, the network announced during its Television Critics Association winter press tour.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/new-girl-final-season-premiere-date/

Thanksgiving episode from season one is still my favorite.

Oh and the episode where Schmidt and CeCe have a sexathon. The scene where she gets dressed and walks back to Schmidt. Yessss.

4 months from now? They wrapped the series like 3-4 weeks ago. Whats the deal with the delay?! :smh:

I'm sure they wanted to find a slot for it, where people could find/watch it.
FOX has a pretty loaded lineup for weeknights. April 10th is a tuesday, so it looks like it'll be back on it's old slot paired with brooklyn 99

Anybody watch?
Thought it was ok, lol I wish they didn't do the time jump, feel like we missed some epicness as viewers. Glad it's back though to close it out properly.
Wish Schmidt kept the mustache longer

The time jump is whatever to me, if it helps tell good stories then I'm all for it. I guess they could get more out of having an older kid vs a baby, skipping over any issues with Jess and Nick getting back together, same with Winston, it just advances the plot and gives us a whole new fresh round of stories. I don't see this show jumping the shark or anything in it's last season, it's always been entertaining and solid. Finish strong and an enjoyable, funny series.

I don't like time jumps in general, but the story demanded one.
I'm glad to see the gang back.
Yeah, me neither.

But the premiere was good. Schmidt's mustache cracked me up.

But Ep. 2 was ehhhh.

I hope we find some consistency for the final episodes.

I want Coach to come back for the final season too.

Back
Top Bottom