New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

Damnnnn I forgot about Playmakers, that **** was straight entertainment..Omar Gooding was my dude in that [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

And the fact Playmakers basically predicted every problem the NFL ran into over the next decade.

Bout time. HBO been lacking in minority driven shows for a while it feels like.

Even if this is some "entertainment industry" related **** it's good to see.

It's also good competition for LeBron/ Starz "survivors remorse" which was surpringly dope.

HBO making sure they have good shows year round with the launch of HBO Now.

Show looks good.

I wonder how long still this show pisses off the NFL and they try to kill it

HBO is owned by Time Warner. They have zero affiliations with the NFL.

Dear Time Warner, kill this show and we will give you some new exclusive programming, sincerely the NFL

It would that simple brah

-And they do have affiliations, HBO does Hard Knocks

Last edited:
Dear Time Warner, kill this show and we will give you some new exclusive programming, sincerely the NFL

Not really. Well, the current contract runs through 2021, and involves four networks. Turner doesn't care about the NFL. Also, HBO dropped Inside many years back. They'll drop Hard Knocks if they had to. Plus, the NFL probably wouldn't mind it going to Showtime, because that's owned by CBS (which is why Collinswortth doesn't do it anymore).

Not really. Well, the current contract runs through 2021, and involves four networks. Turner doesn't care about the NFL. Also, HBO dropped Inside many years back. They'll drop Hard Knocks if they had to. Plus, the NFL probably wouldn't mind it going to Showtime, because that's owned by CBS (which is why Collinswortth doesn't do it anymore).

That's a lot of ifs, maybes, assumptions, and conjecture brah.

Hbo was my favorite channel, now they're making dumb show like this, i'm not going to watch this foolery count me out

I'll give it a shot...Looks forced/dated though
laugh.gif

Who's the short haired black woman
nerd.gif
it does look very early 2000-ish

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Kinda looks like it could be some sort of Entourage/The Game type show. I'll check it out.

looks meh, but ill give it shot just cause its hbo. hope they dont do those fake *** football scenes like in the movies where a dude gets hit and does a double somersault 
laugh.gif

ill check it out.. Reminds me of that one show on BET "The Game" and I think that show is meh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom