New hobbies / how long you stick with it?

As for me, going to the gun range although I dont go frequently and usually go solo

Bike riding/ group bike riding with this predominately black social bike club

Might look into boxing if I stop being lazy

Legos!!!!!!!!!! Great brain exercise.

Looking into RC Cars, bout to get a Bronco so offroading may replace RC Cars.

Running and working out. Was going hard for about 5 months straight....then took a trip to Vegas for Labor Day Weekend and it messed it all up :lol: so now Im tryna get back on track.

Hooping isn't an option for me to do on a regular basis. So I went back to other hobbies such as tennis and comic book collecting. Lately, I've been trying out different dishes to cook for the fam.

Right now, I'm pushing myself back into photography.

I've been wanting to get back into tennis

Might be hard to find court time/competition depending where you're at

I am good on pickleball until official washed status

I like fishing and riding motorcycles, pretty much what I'm doing if I have free time.

I mostly ride at the track and have met a ton of cool people that are real friends now.

Golf biking learning languages and riding my jet ski when weather permits.

I hear you tho op nothing like when i was young and could hoop all day and night

Forced myself to get into a jiu jitsu and kickboxing gym with no experience at 29 last year, the community aspect of it is great and of course the things you learn make you feel great about yourself

jape jape reminded me that i started doing photography with my phone - mostly macro - when my wife bought a clip on lens for me. it led to getting outdoors more, some hiking, and educating myself on wildlife found locally. fun hobby that i never would have thought i’d enjoy.

8C52F230-ADE6-4E20-9778-8E32333811A7.jpeg

B5D7F47C-413F-4228-ABC7-18D91F38074B.jpeg

I don't even count basketball as a hobby anymore. It's so ingrained into my life that it's just a part of me. I grew up playing (for fun) and watching it for over 30 years. I never left it. I'd like to believe I have a deep understanding of the game, especially certain eras, teams and players. It's in my blood.

I still get excited when I buy a new basketball (which I did a few days ago). I can go to a park and shoot around by myself for an hour and be happy. I can play someone 1-on-1 and get beat 11-0 (which has happened on more than a few occasions) and still be happy as a clam. I love it. I'll continue to play it until I physically can't anymore. I can spend hours at the park WATCHING people play pick up. My cable subscriptions are revolve around the NBA season.

I'd consider sneakers a hobby and something that I've been into off and on for about 30 years. That's mostly about nostalgia, though, and not truly something you can build upon. It once could be considered a hobby like collecting comic books but not anymore. I'll be wanting a pair of sneakers and mull over paying $300 for them for YEARS. But during the NBA season I'll end up dropping $300 on a whim to go see a team I really want to see. Such is my love for the game.

As for the question, how long I stay into a true hobby? The answer is: Long enough to get the gist of it without spending any significant money.

I would read up on things and get an understanding. I'll try to understand why people like the things they do. Then once I get the idea, I'll move away from it. I figure out what I'd need to spend to get to the next level and then walk away.

Lately I've been into fitness - specifically body building. I've been attempting to do this my whole life but now I've really started to take it seriously and am seeing results. I wished I took it seriously earlier in life but so it goes. So I'm continuing with that until I reach my goal and when I do we'll see what happens.

My love of basketball has made me want to start a podcast or some other social media account around discussing hoops or maybe a very niche topic like 90s or 00s hoops. But that market is flooded with very established creators. Still would be cool to try though.

I'd consider sneakers a hobby and something that I've been into off and on for about 30 years.
i'm pretty sure i got a pricelist of outlet finds from you back in the day. kid robot air maxes etc. i think i passed because nothing was my size but that **** is worth a fortune nowadays.

Of course you will never find anything to fill THAT void but depending on the type of things you enjoy, there are a LOT of options.

Thing's I've picked up in the last 10 years.

Fishing
Gardening
Boxing
Hand Dancing

Just find something to do on Event Brite in your local area.

You Def Cleaning Up With The Cougars Hand Dancing :lol:

Where Or What Are You Doing For Boxing?

I've been wanting to get back into tennis

Might be hard to find court time/competition depending where you're at

I am good on pickleball until official washed status
Ya im wondering how old people talking about pickleball are or are they really that out of shape? My pops plays and hes a senior citizen. Its all 65+ people playing, i mean theyre in shape for their age but if you in your 30s and playing with them... man idk gotta fix your lifestyle cuz that aint it.

Thing’s I’ve picked up in the last 5 years

1. Conservative Values
2. Grilling and Smoking BBQ
3. Bike Riding
4. 4K Blu Ray Collecting
5. Supporting multiple teams and athletes in multiple sports
6. Video Games

EYE already know what apparel you're rocking with...

fox-racing.jpg

i'm pretty sure i got a pricelist of outlet finds from you back in the day. kid robot air maxes etc. i think i passed because nothing was my size but that **** is worth a fortune nowadays.

Lol, ah yes, the Kid Robot fiasco of 2005. That was the beginning of the end for me in the Florida sneaker community, lol. I guess you could say I got "banned" in real life.

The sneaker market was so weird in the last 20 years. Like I unloaded most of my stuff in 2011. I bought Heineken dunks in 2003 for retail and by 2007 or so they were going for around $400-$500. Then 5 years later in 2011 they were that same price. So in my mind I thought the market had peaked so I sold off most of my collection. Fast forward today and those same Heinys are like $5-6K and K as in thousand. Even some of those 2nd and 3rd series general release SBs like Futuras, Barfs, Broncos and Takashis that were just $200-$300 or so several years after they were released and now over a $1000-$1500 if you can even find a DS pair. Used pairs going for $500-$600. I wished I had held on for this 2nd wave of hype but oh well.

During the Trump yearsI had a MAGA dude at pickleball ask me what I thought about players kneeling during the anthem. Mind you I'm the only brotha out there, but my NT training immediately kicked in. I told this dude that I stand for the flag and I stand with law enforcement. I didn't think anything of it until the next time I went the same dude approached me with two other white dudes in their late 50s or early 60s and said, "this is the guy I was telling you about" Next thing I know these guys invited me to their country club and wanted to get drinks after pickleball. I politely declined but that was the last time I played pickleball.

My grandpa is 81 plays tennis still. Like he goes so hard he’s blowing out his shoulder and getting knee surgery. :lol:

He thinks pickle ball is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom