~NEW. Houston. TEXANS. Preseason Thread 2017~ Pats @ NRG

Finally...the real season can begin. I think a lot of us are preparing for a big season here. Not to much turnover on the defense, but the offense is thankfully completely revamped. The Texans addressed a lot of issues we've been mentioning for awhile now, and now, it's time for it all to come to fruition. The full o-line (as of right now), won't be there to start, but enough of it should be there to give Osweiler time to do what he needs to do. The front office brought in Lamar Miller as Arian Foster's replacement, finally committed to a QB, and put a bunch of speed on the field with Braxton Miller, Will Fuller, Tyler Ervin, and Stephen Anderson to help Osweiler out, and keep the offense from being Hopkins or bust. Clowney looked good in pre-season, as a handful of other guys, and though I still think JJ Watt should probably come back later than game 1, his presence on the field would automatically change up the other team's game-plan.

The defense hasn't had a lot of change, but didn't need it in the first place, coming off finishing top 5. They mostly needed growth within, sprinkled in with some new faces, and I feel like they got that.

View media item 2154993View media item 2154995View media item 2155003View media item 2154996View media item 2154997View media item 2155004View media item 2155006View media item 2154998View media item 2154989View media item 2154990View media item 2155025View media item 2154991View media item 2154992View media item 2154999
I'm throwing an 11-5 finish out here. We have a legit chance for a very positive start early on.
View media item 2155031

The Final 53 man roster for anybody that has missed
QB: Osweiler / Savage / Weeden
RB: Miller / Blue / Ervin / Grimes
FB: Prosch
WR: Hopkins / Fuller / B. Miller / Strong / Mumphrey
TE: Fiedorowicz / Griffin / Stephen Anderson
OL: Brown / Clark / Allen / Mancz / Lamm / Bergstrom / Newton / Aboushi / Su'a-Filo

DE: Watt / Wilfork / Heath / Covington / Still / D.J. Reader
LB: Cushing / Mercilus / Clowney / Simon / Dent / Peters / McKinney / Scarlett / Bullough
DB: Jackson / Joseph / K. Johnson / Demps / Hal / Dillon / Pleasant / C. James / Moore

ST: Novak / Lechler / Weeks

Glad to see Devon Still, Stephen Anderson, and Brennan Scarlett make it. Thought it was a toss up between Corey Moore and Robert Nelson making it, and figured Nelson had the notch over him. Surprised they let both Hilliard and Dent go, as i thought at least one of them would make it over Blue. Guess they felt Blue was a safe choice, and that Ervin showed a lot more for what they wanted. I'm ready to get this season on a roll, get everybody healthy and let's DO DIS :smokin

statis22 statis22 @H TOWN HUSTLER @do work son @CLU713 @Jewbacca2 @Steebie J @DeAndre Hopkins HTownsOwn84 HTownsOwn84 timelessflight timelessflight @d e beatup Tony $now Tony $now @sole searchin @blackxme bonafide hustla bonafide hustla skrew713 skrew713 Mercurial Mercurial

:nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
My body is ready :nthat:

next Sunday gonna be lit at NRG. Looking forward to seeing the new offense in full. I can already see BO throwing bombs to D-Hop and Fuller next week. Bears aint got corners to cover them :lol:

From Chronic.com

Speedy running back Akeem Hunt rejoined the Texans on a practice squad contract Sunday after contemplating multiple competing offers from other NFL teams before opting to remain with the defending AFC South champions.

Meanwhile, the Texans signed seven other players and now have eight spots filled for a 10-man practice squad.

The Texans also signed wide receiver Quenton Bundrage, inside linebacker Shakeel Rashad, outside linebacker Eric Lee, defensive end Ufomba Kamalu, cornerback Robert Nelson, offensive guard Chad Slade and tight end Eric Tomlinson.

The Texans have reached a practice squad deal with former New Orleans Saints and Texas A&M offensive lineman Joseph Cheek, pending him passing a physical, according to a source.

Bundrage joined the Texans after being released by the New York Jets and quickly picked up the offense.

Rashad is an undrafted free agent from North Carolina who had an impressive preseason that included a 40-yard interception return against the Cowboys and a forced fumble against the New Orleans Saints.

Lee is making a successful transition from playing defensive end at South Florida.

A former Arizona State standout who had a solid preseason, Nelson was on the Texans' practice squad last year.

Tomlinson is a Klein graduate and former Texas-El Paso player who was on the Texans' practice squad last season.

Slade is capable of lining up at either guard or tackle. He was signed by the Texans last year after going undrafted out of Auburn.

Outside linebacker Tony Washington and center Dalton Freeman reverted to the Texans' injured reserve list after going unclaimed off waivers after being waived-injured Saturday.

Last edited:
I got high hopes this year as well. Although I feel JJ should sit out the first game at least if not two. No reason to let that back injury linger when we need him for a deep playoff run

Last edited:
It was good move keeping just 5 WR. With Lamar at RB and Anderson at TE both having pretty good catching abilities to become check downs or slot receivers. We about to frustrate a lot of defensive coordinators lol

Will Fuller has been limited with a hamstring injury this week, not doing full practices, until Friday. Still listed as starting as of right now.

Long NFL layoff nears end for Texans' Devon Still

For Texans veteran defensive end Devon Still, Sunday afternoon marks a special day. It represents the first time he's played in a regular-season NFL game in over a year.
Still was out of football last season after being cut by the Cincinnati Bengals, spending that time with his family as he helped care for his daughter, Leah, while she won her battle with cancer.
With Leah in remission from Neuroblastoma stage 4 cancer, Still is looking forward to the Texans' season opener Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

"It's been a real long time since I played in an actual regular-season game," said Still, who played in a dozen games during the 2014 season for the Bengals. "I know that it's going to be exciting. I'm really looking forward to that day.

"It's special just to be able to stay strong and keep fighting and get back to the point we'd hoped I'd be able to after my daughter was first diagnosed with cancer. It's a blessing."

Still put his football career on a hiatus after learning of his daughter's health problems. He also shaved his head bald in a show of solidarity with Leah as she lost her hair during her radiation treatments.

The former Bengals second-round draft pick was signed by the Texans to a reserve-future contract in January. Still has 40 tackles and one forced fumble in 30 career games.
Leah is going to attend the Texans' second game of the season next week against the Kansas City Chiefs. Her father says she already has plenty of Texans gear and he plans to get a specialized jersey made for her.

Leah graduated from kindergarten in the spring and spent her summer taking swimming lessons, running track and displaying her rich sense of humor.

"She can finally be a little kid again," said Antonio Still, Leah's grandfather. "She's like an older soul because of what she's been through, but she's very funny. She's one of the strongest little girls I've ever known."

It's almost time...
200_s.gif

Fuller's drop :x that was a game changer. Hal playing that pass so poorly smh. Things just haven't clicked yet on both sides of the ball. They're making Cutler look elite. Lamar Miller has looked very good even with the shoddy line play. Bears get the ball back, and the defense can NOT give up another drive with a TD.

Can't forget about Cushing being carted off too SMH. That sucks

Last edited:
Mark Berman
‏@MarkBermanFox26
Brian Cushing has a sprained ligament in his knee. Procedure not required. Will miss a few games

Lamar definitely impressive. Runs a lot harder between the tackles than I expected. He'd prolly be pushing 150+ with a previous/healthy version of our OL. gotta monitor that so we dont run him into the ground.

Fuller's definitely gotta figure out how to confidently catch with his hands. i was impressed by his vision/agility though. looks like he can get lots of YAC. We may need to open his route tree/play type a little with all the attention DHop gets. The screen will probably be money all day.

Brock did plenty of good things. He also looked a bit shaky throughout...he has to clean up some things. if he can, that arm is dangerous.

I give Hop a C+. Obv still a beast, but I expect him to come down with that early jump ball in the end zone, and he has to score on that teardrop Brock threw later in the game. That pass was amazing.

Watt looked gassed/out of shape :lol: My man will be back at it by week 4-6 though

Watt definitely did look gassed, especially those last couple of plays where Cutler made sure to toss the ball so he didn't get credit for sacks :lol: :lol:

Saw some good and bad from Brock, but it looks like the NFL season thread is on the "Brock sucks, Elway is a genius" narrative, pretty much overlooking the crappy o-line play throughout and Fuller/Hopkins/Ervin's drops. Outside of about 3 overthrows due to pressure, none of that was really on him. The sure-fire TD that Fuller missed :x that was brutal, but he made up for it. Liked what I saw from Miller too, especially with the line playing as poor as they did. I'm glad Brock can actually move, or else he wouldn't died back there on some plays.

That 75 yard/31 second drive by the Bears :x that was awful coverage by Hal. Just glad to get everything clicking though and getting the win. Good stuff to look forward to. Special teams did a good job in coverage and returns minus the early part of the game as well.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. If you have time, peep my thread in General for a little of what I'm going through. Thanks for the hometown love fellas!

Back
Top Bottom