~NEW. Houston. TEXANS. Preseason Thread 2017~ Pats @ NRG

Yea this is the game where I'm officially not backing Brock. He's had a decent amount of time and protection, and has provided nothing. All that money spent and offensive picks taken to have a dynamic offense is being stymied right now

Last edited:
Hate to put it on him 1000%, but sometimes its 100% about rhythm to get a team going and Brock is lowkey singlehandedly making us 1 dimensional...when you can't make elementary throws, you become very pedestrian. now you got the refs allowing DBs to line up in the box.... play physical, hold, etc because you can't even prove that you are a respectable pass threat.

I'm done backing this team :lol:

Just pure garbage.

I've missed 4 home games in the span of 15 years, and don't care to come to another game this year :lol:

Last edited:
Hate to put it on him 1000%, but sometimes its 100% about rhythm to get a team going and Brock is lowkey singlehandedly making us 1 dimensional...when you can't make elementary throws, you become very pedestrian. now you got the refs allowing DBs to line up in the box.... play physical, hold, etc because you can't even prove that you are a respectable pass threat.

Exactly, the Colts secondary is bad, yet Brock only has 90 yards to boot. That's unacceptable. I gave him several chances due to shoddy line play, but this is one of those games where the protection has been decent, and he's simply not getting things done. May as well have Savage in there at this point regardless of money.

:x :stoneface: it gets better every week

Houston Texans cornerback Kevin Johnson is out indefinitely with broken foot.

Johnson broke his foot against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday night, and received X-rays after the game.

It is a big loss for the Texans defense as their secondary is already banged up. Kareem Jackson and Quinton Demps are nursing injuries, while Johnathan Joseph has been playing with an injured elbow. Johnson played all but one play last night, and had 10 tackles.

The Texans dramatically erased a 14-point fourth quarter deficit to the Colts to win in overtime.

Last season, Johnson broke the same foot, which required surgery.

4-2 right now feels much better than 3-3 would have. Brock basically played about 55 minutes of bad football, both through his own doing and bad line play, though the line protected him enough throughout. Those passes he threw late were perfect, and you just want to see him build on that. Lamar Miller was excellent throughout the game, and his touchdown catch and run late reminded me the of Rockets getting the lead to under ten, and you felt like they could win. Of course, we would have never been in that position to even go to overtime had Novak not missed the XP. But the defense stepping up huge, along with Jaelen Strong's hugely clutch catch in OT allowed Novak to make amends. Denver will be tough on Monday, but you have to feel like you have a chance if the Chargers can beat them.

Man the last 5 mins of the game had me excited as hell :lol:

Miller-time turning that reception into a TD :wow:

That throw by Brock to Fedora

That throw and catch by strong :wow:

No fuller hurts tremendously, teams don't have to respect the speed.

And that was a poorly thrown ball more so then a "great play" by Vontae :rolleyes

3 sacks isn't bad esp vs a QB like luck who's gonna break those tackles and move around.

#90 was getting that pressure and #55 is becoming a workhorse in the middle.

Team just has to get healthy and hold one.

I hope that final 3 'mins gives this team some confidence.

Penalties was killing the running game and it pissed me off, not to mention the he ripped off a decent 1st run then Bob decided to pass 6/7 times in a row.

Last edited:
Heard Brock on the radio today say he told Strong if he saw that certain coverage again, he was going to signal to Strong to run a go. Sure enough that's what happened.

At least Brock isn't physically and mentally disabled :pimp:

I fast forwarded to the last 8 minutes of regulation, and the Miller TD came at 2:37 :lol: it is insane that the team even won. They were basically dead to rates at 4:56 in the 4th.

Heard Brock on the radio today say he told Strong if he saw that certain coverage again, he was going to signal to Strong to run a go. Sure enough that's what happened.

At least Brock isn't physically and mentally disabled :pimp:

Heard the same, but I also heard before that BOB always wants Brock to stick with whatever the play-call is but Brock wants the freedom to do what he just did :lol:

I wasnt very impressed with the catch or throw to Strong. It's what any relatively decent team should be able to do against the Colts 5th CB :lol: We should have put 30-35 up on these guys with how effective the run game was. The colts D in general is actual trash, so I'm cringing at all of the celebration I've seen around that last drive. I'm still super concerned that he can't get the ball to a superstar/route runner like DHop. That's more telling to our future than beating 3rd-5th CBs with no pressure. IDK if we'll face another secondary/DL combo that bad. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but we need grounding so we avoid the "letterman jacket" syndrome.

on another note, JD looking like a ANIMAL. Dude is strong as a ****** OX. Never seen a guy with that athletic of a frame bullrush so consistently/effectively. Sky is still the limit for the kid once he starts getting some moves

I wasnt very impressed with the catch or throw to Strong. It's what any relatively decent team should be able to do against the Colts 5th CB :lol: We should have put 30-35 up on these guys with how effective the run game was. The colts D in general is actual trash, so I'm cringing at all of the celebration I've seen around that last drive. I'm still super concerned that he can't get the ball to a superstar/route runner like DHop. That's more telling to our future than beating 3rd-5th CBs with no pressure. IDK if we'll face another secondary/DL combo that bad. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but we need grounding so we avoid the "letterman jacket" syndrome.

It was 23-9 and we've basically had miserable line and QB play for the majority of the season. Why would you expect 30-35 put up on them when we have barely gotten out of our own way :lol:? The way this team has played, every week the games are 50/50.

I did not expect us to go in there and roll the colts :lol:

O-line being shuffled

Injuries

First year QB / suspect calling

Missing our best player

:lol:

We're an average team, but hopefully that final 3 'mins gave some boost to Brock and the offense.

We need this win in Denver.

And Nuk is top 10 in targets, brock is staring at him every play. Just bad throws and the defense is not going to let Nuk beat them.

It was 23-9 and we've basically had miserable line and QB play for the majority of the season. Why would you expect 30-35 put up on them when we have barely gotten out of our own way :lol:? The way this team has played, every week the games are 50/50.

oh yea i think tapered expectations could have been drawn from NE, Minn (and Titans W), but I know I'm not the only one who thought this could be the game to "bounce back". Pretty sure I read that in here even.

If we're not expecting to roll the Colts, we need to hit the panick button. a bunch of the "excuses" are out of the way. Our OL has played well for 2 games now.

and again....the Colts defense is very very trash. Hoyer gave them 400 at home :lol:.

You should be able to throw to Jalen Strong all game and succeed in the passing game. You literally should be able to do whatever you want. But Brock is out here missing elementary throws.

whole point is we gotta chill on praising that last drive. It's a low-end version of what we should be doing EVERY.SINGLE.DRIVE

Back
Top Bottom