New Independent Hip-Hop: JAMES WATTS - "Good/Grief" EP (Free Download/Stream)

NT Fam -

I just wanted to take a minute to share something that I have been working on over the last few months - today I have the privilege of releasing my first recorded project in some time with the good people at www.djbooth.net.

"Good/Grief" is a self-produced 6-song extended player, created totally from the ground up in true DIY fashion; from the recordings, to the writing, to the visual elements included with the record, all of this was created in-house in a small room in my apartment.

Nonetheless, I felt I would be remiss if I didn't share this with my favorite online community, for your appreciation, critiques, feedback, and of course, jokes. Thanks in advance for your time, and more importantly, for your ear. Enjoy!

Now, enough talking....flame suit activated......

Also, be sure to check out the accompanying digibook that comes with the download package; it includes all of the song lyrics, credits, etc. > http://issuu.com/thegameneedsjames/docs/james_watts_good_grief_digibook

Last edited:
Pretty dope tape overall. I see you like using that Mountain sample based on the first two tracks. I use it from time to time on tracks as well.

Thanks for the listen, family, it means a lot - that "Long Red" chop is a hip-hop staple, that will NEVER get old. Where can I hear some of your music?

My website is matthewthurman.com. I implemented that sample on a track called Right On that's on the site. Hit me up to let me know what you think when you get a chance.

i just got the tape and listened to the fiirst track.

its pretty dope,i'll listen to the rest on the way home.

you make your own beats?

My website is matthewthurman.com. I implemented that sample on a track called Right On that's on the site. Hit me up to let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Awesome, will do.

i just got the tape and listened to the fiirst track.
its pretty dope,i'll listen to the rest on the way home.
you make your own beats?

Thanks fam, I'd love to hear what you think when you get through the whole thing. And yes, all of the production on this record was done by me.

Matt, just checked out your site - pretty dope, you have some solid music.

good ep my man i give it an 8/10

hands down my favorite song is All of the way,you'd be proud of how many times i've listened to it in the last 2 days. if i were you i'd shoot a video for that asap.

i like that most of the songs have singers on the hooks they blend well with your verses and make the songs more memorable imo.

good ep my man i give it an 8/10
hands down my favorite song is All of the way,you'd be proud of how many times i've listened to it in the last 2 days. if i were you i'd shoot a video for that asap.
i like that most of the songs have singers on the hooks they blend well with your verses and make the songs more memorable imo.

Haha, that definitely did make my day, glad that you enjoyed the EP overall.

I'm actually planning to release a video for "All Of The Way" before the end of the month, so I'll be sure to post that up once it's done...

Back
Top Bottom