New Microsoft Courier pictures and video vol. apple fans in denial

Meh...

I'm not really a fan of this or the iPad. I guess I just don't have a use for them...

Originally Posted by kash55

Looks sweet an all. But beyond these pre-animated videos, I doubt it will work so seamlessly.
Go look at the HTC HD........that snapdragon processor moves like this video does.

Im sure if they can get a phone to move soo seamlessly, they can do it with a tablet.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I don't see a need for this thing.

It's eek worthy but not really practical for a general audience.

Pass!

and you made this thread?

http://niketalk.com/topic/239851
Yep, I can find a lot of use in the iPad.

It's more practical than my touch, which I already love, so it's a no-brainer.

I'm not ready to learn another device. Courier is a no go.
eyes.gif

this looks epic, it does however violate a ton of Apple patents lol the Ipad  the opposite of innovative in comparison to stuff like this. Apple preaches innovation and pushing tech forward, but their actions prove otherwise imo.
Apple would never file a patent suit on Microsoft. MS would make Apples life a living hell.

Originally Posted by got shoes

must be great to make a product after someone else. just saying

Microsoft seems to be doing this lately.
Microsoft released the Zune to rival the iPod. (Zune looks like a poor man's iPod)
The new Microsoft Windows has similar features to the Mac
Xbox Natel is exactly what the Wii is, but better.

The Courier looks sick though
pimp.gif

Aight, lets nip the "MS bitin Apple again" nonsense.

joojoo-iphone_270x272.jpg

^^^ That's not an iPad

I been sayin the same thing since the iPad hype started. Dudes claimin Apple is revolutionary and all that nonsense.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]iPad vs JooJoo ( formerly CrunchPad ) Comparative Review[/h1]
By Partho, Gaea News Network
February 5th, 2010
ipad-vs-joojoo.jpg

After having stocked Apple iPad Vs Microsoft's HP slate, we were looking for other competitors in the tablet market . Our search concluded on a competitively priced JooJoo, formerly crunchpad. Fusion Garage's JooJoo, was scheduled for a release in December 2009, before finally being shelved. The low cost tablet is expected to receive a thrust after new round of funding from CSL Group (largest OEM Malaysia). For the latest JooJoo is open for pre-order. The crux of comparison lies in the fact that JooJoo would cost $499 that is the same as that for iPad.

Now that you know the price for iPad and JooJoo lets compare the rivals back to back
[h2]Screen Size[/h2]
iPad features a diagonal screen of size 9.7″ that is not decent for watching video. JooJoo has a edge with the screen size featuring a decent 12″ LCD (1366*768).  Having said that, JooJoo's large size is also a disadvantage when carrying it.
[h2]Weight[/h2]
iPad weigh 1.5lbs and 1.6lbs in the WiFi and WiFi+3G versions respectively. JooJoo is a lot heavier  2.4lbs.
[h2]Applications[/h2]
Apple has almost every possible application in its App store for iPad. Moreover, developers are working on new applications developed for iPad by tapping into the hardware natively. Apple has plans to eliminate them. Currently, JooJoo has no applications gallery, but it is expected to have a Web App Store soon.
[h2]Multitasking[/h2]
Perhaps, iPad faced the worst criticism for not offering multi-tasking.  With its rival JooJoo lacking the same, Apple has nothing to lose. It is pretty much confined to an albeit fancy browser, which could be compared to Chrome OS.
[h2]Flash Support[/h2]
One of the most disappointing facts with iPad is the lack of Flash support. Most of the sites today feature Flash pages. The gamers could be the first to rebuke the iPad. For those who have decided against iPad sans Flash could divert to JooJoo, which will be supporting Flash.
[h2]Processor[/h2]
iPad features a 1GHz Apple A4 processor, where as JooJoo has 1.6GHz Atom with Nvidia Ion.
[h2]Camera[/h2]
iPad, as Apple says, creates its new category without a camera. This seems to be a strategy to save its Macbook form loosing its audience. JooJoo again sets the mood for iPad haters with a 1.3MP camera. Like iPad, JooJoo sets its own category.
[h2]Storage[/h2]
iPad has the maximum storage available in three sizes 16GB, 32GB and 64GB . JooJoo just doesn't offer enough space.
[h2]I/O[/h2]
iPad features a 30 pin camera with USB add-on. JooJoo would feature an USB
[h2]Battery Life[/h2]
Apple iPad claims a battery life of 10 hours and 1 month standby. JooJoo is no match for iPad offering just 5 hours of battery life.

Available at the same price as Apple iPad, JooJoo with camera and flash support could turn the tides in its favor.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Pass!

eyes.gif

this looks epic, it does however violate a ton of Apple patents lol the Ipad  the opposite of innovative in comparison to stuff like this. Apple preaches innovation and pushing tech forward, but their actions prove otherwise imo.
Apple would never file a patent suit on Microsoft. MS would make Apples life a living hell.

1.  what patents are we talking about?

2. Apple don't even want it with google, msft would destroy them

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Originally Posted by got shoes

must be great to make a product after someone else. just saying

Microsoft seems to be doing this lately.
Microsoft released the Zune to rival the iPod. (Zune looks like a poor man's iPod)
The new Microsoft Windows has similar features to the Mac
Xbox Natel is exactly what the Wii is, but better.

The Courier looks sick though
pimp.gif

natal is nothing like the wii. you can compare the playstation arc to the wiimote.. but natal is a different beast. and zune is the poorman's iPod? what's so great about the iPod? it's a generic mp3 player with meh software.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Pass!

eyes.gif

1.  what patents are we talking about?

2. Apple don't even want it with google, msft would destroy them
Apple recently subliminally fired shots at google through their lawsuit against HTC.

I'm not sure what patents Quest was referring to, but my comment was based on the fact that if Apple were to bring patent litigation against Microsoft, Microsoft would have a portfolio of patents which they could use to counter sue and make Apples life a living hell.

This is why you don't see a lot of big time tech companies suing each other. They have a lot of patents on each other so they pick on the little guys in order to stifle competition.

yeah, i saw this posted online last year but i always just assumed it was apples ipad concept. i'm def. going to get this one though.

I never get to hyped up by concept videos anymore, but I hope this device performs just like the video shows, until then this is meeh for me

I'm sorry but you dudes be sounding ridiculous when ya'll go through these little brand wars. Apple this, Microsoft that. Shut the hell up...neither company cuttin ya'll checks.

Courier looks sick btw.

Yup. No comparison. The iPad is a giant iPod Touch and nothing to be impressed about. This on the other hand...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom