New Microsoft Courier pictures and video vol. apple fans in denial

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I don't see a need for this thing.

It's eek worthy but not really practical for a general audience.

Pass!

and you made this thread?

http://niketalk.com/topic/239851
Yep, I can find a lot of use in the iPad.

It's more practical than my touch, which I already love, so it's a no-brainer.

I'm not ready to learn another device. Courier is a no go.
lol Yes. From these 2 posts, I'm sure learning isn't one of your specialties. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I don't see a need for this thing.

It's eek worthy but not really practical for a general audience.

Pass!

and you made this thread?

http://niketalk.com/topic/239851
Yep, I can find a lot of use in the iPad.

It's more practical than my touch, which I already love, so it's a no-brainer.

I'm not ready to learn another device. Courier is a no go.
lol Yes. From these 2 posts, I'm sure learning isn't one of your specialties. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Man, throw the apple logo on that thing and it's copped.
sick.gif

Ehh I'm Apple guy so I'm skeptical. The whole pen thing is gonna make it or break it. The only clear advantage this thing has over the iPad is the camera and maybe the multitasking (if it even has it). The iPad is gonna rely on its Apps plain and simple. If developers are clever then there will be some interesting things on the iPad that we haven't seen yet.

my friend just took a survey about this asking how much would she be willing to pay ...

i'm coppin day 1 ... no matter what the price if can do half the things these videos show

who's still waiting on that courier?

03-05-10courier.jpg

Microsoft confirms, kills Courier in one fell swoop

By Joshua Topolsky posted Apr 29th 2010 4:44PM
Breaking News

Well this is depressing. Word has just gone fluttering out ofRedmond that work on the Courierproject -- a heretofore rumoreddual-screen tablet which rightfully set the tech world ablaze -- hasbeen spun down by the company. Here's the official line from FrankShaw, Microsoft's VP of corporate communications:

At any given time,across any of our business groups, there are new ideas beinginvestigated, tested, and incubated. It's in Microsoft's DNA tocontinually develop and incubate new technologies to fosterproductivity and creativity. The "Courier" project is an example ofthis type of effort and its technologies will be evaluated for use infuture Microsoft offerings, but we have no plans to build such a deviceat this time.

All very sad, of course. So how did we get here? And was thisthing ever really real to begin with? After all, it's hard to killsomething that never lived. Well here's the deal, according to a sourcefamiliar with the situation: the Courier did indeed start life as apotential new product category for the company, one which was beingincubated internally with very real plans for a marketable device. Itseems, however, that things just didn't manage to take shape, and wordwas handed down very recently that the incubation period had reachedits conclusion -- sans product -- and resources would be directedelsewhere. Now, that doesn't mean that we won't see some of thistechnology turn up in other products which Microsoft has in thepipeline (the company does keep quite a few balls in the air), but itdoes mean that those rendered videos of the Courier in action willremain, unfortunately, renders. As far as the Engadget team isconcerned, there isn't a dry eye in the house right now -- but theCourier will always remain in our hearts as one of the finest unicornsthat ever unicorned across our screens.

who's in denial?

I've yet to be fascinated by any tablets. The only thing in the broad category that ever appealed to me was the Toughbook, and only b/c it could take a beating. But now laptops have become more resilient, data storage is cheaper and you can buy an equally powerful laptop in a much smaller size. I see myself going w/a phone and laptop for quite a while. If anything, I might drop the laptop and just go w/the phone. But I don't see any tablet replacing either.

this is cold not to take anything away from it but im sure this is what the ipad will be after they game you for 2 or 3 different versions,

Back
Top Bottom