New NJ driving law for novice drivers...Identifying License Plate Decal....Good or Bad?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Physicx wrote:

Durden7 wrote:

I firmly believe every person should have to re-take some sort of drivers license test every 10 years.

been thinking this for years

or at least when they hit senior status they should re-take a driver's test 

Absolutley.

It doesnt even have to be the full test again.  A complete physical with a reaction/alertness part and a short test.

I feel more comfortable with 18 yr olds on the road than I do anyone over the age of 70.

well, they DO make you re-take the test if you have previous violations or if you are above a certain age.

Last time I went to the DMV to renew my license I had to retake the computer test again because I had demerit point.

^must be new....I've never had to retake the test when I've renewed my license.

I don't think you can mandate a physical though... then you get into tricky stuff like health info.
I'd be fine with a written test and driving test ever 10 yrs.

Don't they do this already in Japan? It seems to work overseas, but I don't know how receptive the US will be to this

They do this up here in British Columbia, except its a big %%+ magnet that you have to stick in your window or on the back of your car.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Still don't see the point into this.

http://www.northjersey.co...o_into_effect_May_1.html

Attorney General Paula Dow said the decals will provide police withprobable cause to stop people suspected of breaking motor vehicle lawsaimed specifically at younger drivers.

Forexample, Dow said police will pull over cars displaying the new decalson the road between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. or carrying too many passengers,two violations of the state's graduated drivers license laws.

EwingPolice Chief Robert Coulton, president of the New Jersey Chiefs ofPolice Association, said cops have previously had trouble identifyingdrivers who may be breaking laws on probationary licenses.

However, he said young drivers may try to avoid police scrutiny by removing the decals, risking a $100 penalty.

"That's a possibility," he said. "With every law, you can get around it."

Mann this is some BS.. (BTW I Live in NJ )

IRDC Though ...bc im Still Gon' Drive 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom